• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

He looks like he is going to be a hell of a player, reminds so much of Modric and can not wait to see him after a summers work with the full squad.

I see a bit of modric there

He also looks at times to me like a smaller, whiter Moussa Dembele

I see a bit of modric there

He also looks at times to me like a smaller, whiter Moussa Dembele
Deffo some Luca in his style but he is more of a battler (Modric was just bloody strong for a small man)
It’s why I warm up more and more to the logic of a DM taking away some of the defensive work and freeing up Lo Celso to hurt teams
I think he really is an outstanding, but under stated player

Lo Celso just has ‘it’. That special awareness of what’s all around him, the ability to travel past people with the ball, spot a pass and a competitive streak to win the ball back. Think he will be even better as the team improves around him and like Modric and Dembele it might take a while for neutrals to appreciate what we know already as he’s not getting 10 goals a season from midfield.

Did Redknapp actually say that? I can't believe anyone who has played the game could think that.
He’s gone with Sissoko, who I imagine will be the deepest out of the three, Lo Celso and then Dele Alli will be trying to get close to Harry Kane. They’re not great on the ball in terms of… like, Lo Celso will pick it up and run with it, but the emphasis on Sissoko to get on the half-turn and play it forward quickly, that’s not really his game. You know, he’s good at getting after people.

Deffo some Luca in his style but he is more of a battler (Modric was just bloody strong for a small man)
It’s why I warm up more and more to the logic of a DM taking away some of the defensive work and freeing up Lo Celso to hurt teams
I think he really is an outstanding, but under stated player
A great or even a good one will make him a better player. He will always have the tenacious attitude but the quality on the ball and intelligent use of it is such a unique combination we have to do what we can to maximise his qualities. Deeper definitely suits him better imo but he needs a better partner than with or Winks or Sissoko.

Jamieclamknapp said:
He’s gone with Sissoko, who I imagine will be the deepest out of the three, Lo Celso and then Dele Alli will be trying to get close to Harry Kane. They’re not great on the ball in terms of… like, Lo Celso will pick it up and run with it, but the emphasis on Sissoko to get on the half-turn and play it forward quickly, that’s not really his game. You know, he’s good at getting after people.

That clam gets paid to offer opinions? Holy fudge. Maybe he's just eye candy to get women watching football (my ex missus fancies him something rotten) because anyone offering that opinion has the IQ and football knowledge of a cabbage.

He seems to be struggling at times but he has ability for sure, lets hope a break during the summer will have him ready to go next season.

I'm still not sure about him, it's a big change from the type of football he has played in before and injuries never help a player build a rhythm. I was expecting more of a goal threat from him and all though he is an aggresive player I dont think his defensive play is good enough or that he has the passing range we need from our no1 midfielder. As people have said a good preseason free from injury may see more from him.

Back