• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

That Korean football looks a bit "League Two" standard, eh? No idea how good a defender he is, but I'm assuming he would struggle somewhat if faced with a CL strikeforce

You're probably right, but still... a lot of "meh" talent in that league I think

Not sure it is like the american league in that it is improving quickly. I think we should be actively scouting 15 year olds chinese players. They have some very good coaching out there. When that first super star Chinese player comes through he will pay for himself ten times over.

I said similar about Canadian players a couple of years ago, But Davies and John proved me right about that and damn it if im not right about Chinese players. It is the next area to focus on.

I guess it’s an assumption we’re not buying them just for talent
But the Asian market is the largest global market in monetary terms that’s untapped arguably so any opportunity to increase that growth out there with a quality player can only be a good thing

I know why It’s said, I just asked why it was only Asians. You might say Americans too but I haven’t seen similar comments about Weston McKennie rumours. If Spurs bought an Australian player (if there were any good Australian players) it would be massive news here. Just like Arsenal buying up 3 Australia women’s footballers in the last couple of weeks. But Australians would never be bought “for marketing.”

It’s just a sad, lazy cliche designed to lower the worth of Asians and needs to be retired alongside other, more obvious racism like the DVD stuff.

I know why It’s said, I just asked why it was only Asians. You might say Americans too but I haven’t seen similar comments about Weston McKennie rumours. If Spurs bought an Australian player (if there were any good Australian players) it would be massive news here. Just like Arsenal buying up 3 Australia women’s footballers in the last couple of weeks. But Australians would never be bought “for marketing.”

It’s just a sad, lazy cliche designed to lower the worth of Asians and needs to be retired alongside other, more obvious racism like the DVD stuff.
TBF it was said about Pulisic

I know why It’s said, I just asked why it was only Asians. You might say Americans too but I haven’t seen similar comments about Weston McKennie rumours.

You haven't seen that stuff about McKennie? It's all over Reddit ('Levy aiming for that sweet American cash'), just like (As @Bedfordspurs pointed out) it was said about Pulisic.

It's part lazy cliche, part based in real-life experiences (i.e, the sheer number of fans we have in South Korea now thanks to Son), and part fact - I have an irrational fondness for Paul Stalteri, because he's a Canadian that played for Spurs. If that were not the case, I'd be less fond of him (well, apart from for that goal against Spam, anyway :p ). And if we had gotten Alphonso Davies, or if we end up getting Jonathan David, I'll be over the moon, because a Canadian plays for Spurs. Simple as that. :p

I know why It’s said, I just asked why it was only Asians....But Australians would never be bought “for marketing.”

Nonsense, there are over a billion Chinese, over a billion Indians, 50m South Koreans and 25m Aussies. Don't imply people are racist, when they are talking about economics, please.

You are joking right. :confused:

Jude Bellingham travels for Borussia Dortmund medical ahead of transfer from Birmingham

Blues midfielder poised to become most expensive 17-year-old in world football at £26m

You are joking right. :confused:

Why would I be? Saying an Asian player is being signed for his marketing value is a sad, tired cliche.

Nonsense, there are over a billion Chinese, over a billion Indians, 50m South Koreans and 25m Aussies. Don't imply people are racist, when they are talking about economics, please.

There’s a 146,000,000 Russians, but I doubt the first reaction to Pavlyuchenko was his marketing ability.

Maybe that is not but "designed to lower the worth of Asians" is rubbish ( imo), or do you see racism in everything?

It’s stating their marketing ability is the primary reason they’re being signed, lowering the worth of their footballing ability.

It’s stating their marketing ability is the primary reason they’re being signed, lowering the worth of their footballing ability.
Rmember that time we signed D’Andre Yedlin? brick footballer, wasnt good enough for us, but tapped in on that lucrative US market from their World Cup success and high profile at the time.

Oh and he’s black, so I get to be racist again by saying that, yay!

Back