• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine UTD

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Credit to him, at least we are solid and there is a discernible effort to play systems he can get results with.

As much as I bang on about him needing to shift his ways a bit, I also need to continue shifting my expectations. At this rate, the dovetail of relative personal content should
hit by Sept.

One thing to note...it is a shame our quality on the ball going forward is not as elite as it could be, and today it cost us several chances to create chances. That being said, we still created well given the set-up...though it was Poocastle.

Credit to him, at least we are solid and there is a discernible effort to play systems he can get results with.

As much as I bang on about him needing to shift his ways a bit, I also need to continue shifting my expectations. At this rate, the dovetail of relative personal content should
hit by Sept.

One thing to note...it is a shame our quality on the ball going forward is not as elite as it could be, and today it cost us several chances to create chances. That being said, we still created well given the set-up...though it was Poocastle.
It’s not the quality that was lacking IMO it was the choice they took that killed the pass. Players seemed to choose the harder pass and were greedy with
Steve isnt greedy and he is the only one we have who isn’t in the attacking group.

It’s not the quality that was lacking IMO it was the choice they took that killed the pass. Players seemed to choose the harder pass and were greedy with
Steve isnt greedy and he is the only one we have who isn’t in the attacking group.

Those choices are precisely what I am talking about.

I have finished watching this.
I missed it live and managed to avoid the result all night.
It was absolutely horrific.
Usually when a game is this dull you can distract yourself by going on here or twitter and reading other people complaining.
But feeling like you are the only one putting yourself through this tedium made it even worse.

I have finished watching this.
I missed it live and managed to avoid the result all night.
It was absolutely horrific.
Usually when a game is this dull you can distract yourself by going on here or twitter and reading other people complaining.
But feeling like you are the only one putting yourself through this tedium made it even worse.

Ah stop. It was a decent performance and very good result. They haven’t been beaten at home in quite a while and have had some good results.

Disappointed with Aurier for their goal but can’t criticise too much in the circumstances. We were fairly solid other than that. Thought Winks was brilliant. Ran the show in midfield. Bergwijn and Lamela, despite a great contribution each, frustrated me with the amount of balls they gave away and bad decisions they made.

Good run since the lockdown for a side not in form. P7 W4 D2 L 1. That’s not bad particularly with so many games in such a short space of time.

Last edited:
Who on earth nominated Davies for MoM? He was our worst player by a country mile. Even worse than Aurier, who at least had an excuse. Davies was slow to close down, far too often beaten and his distribution was dire. It was like playing with 10 men. I can't fathom why Mourinho doesn't give Sess a go here - especially as he has said he sees him as the next Ashley Cole. He simply can't be worse than Davies on current form.

"Since I started we are fourth in the table."

Let that sentence sink in for a moment.

That is simply a phenomenal achievement especially bearing in mind the clusterfk of the situation he has had to put up with including:

Long term injuries to Lloris, Kane, Son, Sissoko and Dele
Suspensions to Son and Dier
A half arsed and out the door Eriksen and Rose
Some diabolical VAR decisions
An unfit ( mentally/physically/ whatever) NDombele and Sessegnon
A failure to bring in a back up CF in January
Possibly the two worst full backs in the division
A season of horrendous interruptions and then games piling up in quick succession
We beat Arsenal and City and we're extremely unlucky against United and Pool.
Where were we when he started - 14th?

To be achieving " fourth" with the hand he has been dealt is simply remarkable.

Last edited:
Let that sentence sink in for a moment.

That is simply a phenomenal achievement especially bearing in mind the clusterfk of the situation he has had to put up with including:

Long term injuries to Lloris, Kane, Son, Sissoko and Dele
Suspensions to Son and Dier
A half arsed and out the door Eriksen and Rose
Some diabolical VAR decisions
An unfit ( mentally/physically/ whatever) NDombele and Sessegnon
A failure to bring in a back up CF in January
Possibly the two worst full backs in the division
A season of horrendous interruptions and then games piling up in quick succession
We beat Arsenal and City and we're extremely unlucky against United and Pool.
Where were we when he started - 14th?

To be achieving " fourth" with the hand he has been dealt is simply remarkable.
Let’s not forget he has good player he has inherited too. What he ha drone is change the guard coaching wise and change the way the team plays
We could easily lose vs Leicester (we won’t IMO) and then the knives will be out again

Let’s not forget he has good player he has inherited too. What he ha drone is change the guard coaching wise and change the way the team plays
We could easily lose vs Leicester (we won’t IMO) and then the knives will be out again

The good players were mainly injured - we were starting games with Moura upfront.

I am excited for the new season, saw this as a chance for him to assess the squad and mentality of it.

Who on earth nominated Davies for MoM? He was our worst player by a country mile. Even worse than Aurier, who at least had an excuse. Davies was slow to close down, far too often beaten and his distribution was dire. It was like playing with 10 men. I can't fathom why Mourinho doesn't give Sess a go here - especially as he has said he sees him as the next Ashley Cole. He simply can't be worse than Davies on current form.

Standing off them seemed to be tactical as everyone was doing it.

Sess hasn’t played since March, not sure how ready he is.

I like Davies, consistent and predictable.

Standing off them seemed to be tactical as everyone was doing it.

Sess hasn’t played since March, not sure how ready he is.

I like Davies, consistent and predictable.
Normally I like Davies, solid and reliable. But Pirate has a point about yesterdays game, the only thing consistent and predictable was him giving the ball away. But as a team we are defending much better, I feared the worst with Dier out as he has been a big part of that but as a unit we seem much more cohesive....

Back