• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Arsenal

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think lots of people (fans, pundits and journalists alike) are overly swayed by possession.

I think they are when you lose, I think conceding possession at home to turgid teams and not producing anything or showing any real attacking intent gets questioned. Win and it’s questioned less.

I heard plenty of “had all the possession and done nothing with it” when we lost

Possession is great if you use it well and create chances, but yesterday they did little with it and we had far more of the dangerous opportunities than they did and simply put their goalkeeper was their best player.

upload_2020-7-13_18-46-47.jpeg

This was always a bit like the above Now with City overturning their ban it turns out it was this.......
PETTINE%20ROTTO_0.jpg

Possession is great if you use it well and create chances, but yesterday they did little with it and we had far more of the dangerous opportunities than they did and simply put their goalkeeper was their best player.

Yeh and look it’s the NLD we won and it’s a time to be happy.

The issue has been in many games that we concede possession and don’t create barely any chances and we have done so to poor teams and at home, so the conceding possession to create a positive tactic isn’t full proof either.

Not back to his best but getting closer especially last time out, love the two-pronged attack.
He did a lot of good work outside the box and one of our more creative players. But I guess if he's not scoring or directly involved in a goal then some won't be happy with his performance.
Still think a lot of the problem with the forwards is that we don't have a player upfront, besides Kane, that can play a decent pass. I'd really like to see Bergwijn get more time.
He created a couple of chances in the 10 mins he was on and looks like he could work well with Kane.

Back