• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets not.
normally id agree with you BUT for one year i think we could do without it.

Chelsea and Leicester showed the benefits of not having it, and i think it would improve our chances of a domestic cup.

I know its a route back to the CL but a top 4 finish is and easier path imo. And CL is important to keep our players and to recruit others as we rise again.

We can no longer be caught by the following :-

Wet Spam ....... - gw32
Aston Villa ….... - gw32
Watford ...….... - gw 32
Bournemouth .. - gw 32

Norwich City .... - gw 31

Think positive, no relegation for us this year. Always aim high!

*Sorry, Google says no to the pic*​

Last edited by a moderator:
normally id agree with you BUT for one year i think we could do without it.

Chelsea and Leicester showed the benefits of not having it, and i think it would improve our chances of a domestic cup.

I know its a route back to the CL but a top 4 finish is and easier path imo. And CL is important to keep our players and to recruit others as we rise again.
I used to think this and I’ll use it as a comfort if we don’t get it, but as much as I hate the games from a scheduling and season ticket holders point of view, it could potentially be an easier comp to win than a domestic cup, Mourinho has form for it and will take is seriously and it gives a second shot at CL.
I’d also hope the extra games would help with implanting Mourinho’s tactics, enable us to blood a couple of youngsters and help develop a winning mentality.

I used to think this and I’ll use it as a comfort if we don’t get it, but as much as I hate the games from a scheduling and season ticket holders point of view, it could potentially be an easier comp to win than a domestic cup, Mourinho has form for it and will take is seriously and it gives a second shot at CL.
I’d also hope the extra games would help with implanting Mourinho’s tactics, enable us to blood a couple of youngsters and help develop a winning meteorology.
As I said normally I agree (plus Europa away trips from a fans perspective can be decent) but I just feel we could do with a fixture light season next year to focus on domestic cups and more importantly the league. I personally don't think the EL is easy to win and it's a load of games if you end up losing in the semis or final with those extra games still impacting you elsewhere.

As I said normally I agree (plus Europa away trips from a fans perspective can be decent) but I just feel we could do with a fixture light season next year to focus on domestic cups and more importantly the league. I personally don't think the EL is easy to win and it's a load of games if you end up losing in the semis or final with those extra games still impacting you elsewhere.

I think we have a big enough squad to be able to cope with the EL, and I think Jose would actually use the squad sensibly and in a way which Poch didnt tend to. I could see Jose leaving half the first 11 at home for each EL game, and playing a lot of squad players and then putting more squad players and youngster on the bench. That way, it wouldnt burn the players out.

Its a tough call though, and the point you make is valid. I guess if I thought that we would bring in a couple first 11 standard players this summer, and Jose would improve the team anyway, then I'd be happier not being in the EL as we'd have a good shot at the top 4. However I'm not remotely optimistic for the transfer window or next season; unfortunately I can see Utd and Cheatski pulling away from us. We have a few tough years ahead of ourselves I'm afraid

We can no longer be caught by the following :-

Brighton …...….. - gw33
Wet Spam ....... - gw32
Aston Villa ….... - gw32
Watford ...….... - gw 32
Bournemouth .. - gw 32
Norwich City .... - gw 31

Appallingly poor - my brain hurts

107367988_10157384602568342_8596952998385158061_n-jpg.488132

If we didn’t make it, it would leave a clear run at top 4, FA Cup and League Cup*. No excuse then for Jose.

*Isn’t there talk of some sort of League Cup exemption? So we could have one realistic trophy chance, in a competition where we won’t have made the final for 30 years by the time it comes round.

If we didn’t make it, it would leave a clear run at top 4, FA Cup and League Cup*. No excuse then for Jose.

*Isn’t there talk of some sort of League Cup exemption? So we could have one realistic trophy chance, in a competition where we won’t have made the final for 30 years by the time it comes round.
That would be so fudging sexy, the one year we have no Europe, reduced revenue to make up for and manager who would take it seriously we have no league cup!!

There will be a league cup, but it might not include the teams that qualify for Europe.

Would be a very Spurs like thing to fail to win a cup that didn't have any of the other big six teams taking part.
Ah ok.

I’ll take it!

There will be a league cup, but it might not include the teams that qualify for Europe.

Would be a very Spurs like thing to fail to win a cup that didn't have any of the other big six teams taking part.
...and if we won it, there would be a big asterisk bolted onto the side of the trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back