• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serge Aurier

I recall one instance (second half I think) when he did look up before crossing the ball, the ball ballooned high over the box and went out of play on the other side of the pitch.

Only one player has more assists than Aurier this season for us. There are hardly any full backs that consistently cross the ball well and when we had one he wasn’t much appreciated on here anyway....

Only one player has more assists than Aurier this season for us. There are hardly any full backs that consistently cross the ball well and when we had one he wasn’t much appreciated on here anyway....
Yeah but the amount that are missed is probably higher too
He gets a lot Kroeber chances to cross than most FBs

Yeah but the amount that are missed is probably higher too
He gets a lot Kroeber chances to cross than most FBs
Don’t disagree just saying it’s pointless complaining about our full backs inconsistent crossing, it’s the same for most FBs and he has one of the highest assists in the league for a FB. We have bigger concerns than that.....

Don’t disagree just saying it’s pointless complaining about our full backs inconsistent crossing, it’s the same for most FBs and he has one of the highest assists in the league for a FB. We have bigger concerns than that.....
Yep
His inability to defend
It’s strange though as last two games eh has defended, and done a decent job

Yep
His inability to defend
It’s strange though as last two games eh has defended, and done a decent job
This is the frustrating thing with him though. He can defend, he has the physical attributes, he has the technique to put in a good cross he’s proven that often. If Mourinho could tap into him mentally and get him consistently putting it all together we wouldn’t have to think about upgrading....

The lack of targets in the box is not helping with his crossing much either. And to be honest, Kane is not attacking the ball well these days.
Yep, blaming Aurier at the moment is blaming the symptom rather than the cause. It’s the same story when Davies gets into a crossing position on the left. We have only one or two attackers in the box vastly outnumbered by the opposition. Watch other teams when they get it out wide, there will be four in the box moving in tandem and creating space and opportunity. Kane isn’t even trying to get himself in line with our crosser at the moment.

The lack of targets in the box is not helping with his crossing much either. And to be honest, Kane is not attacking the ball well these days.

I'd agree Kane isn't making the same runs he has in the past but with Aurier he has no clue where the ball is going to end up. His delivery is just so inconsistent.

When Trips was here EVERYONE was making runs in the box because they knew he'd find them.

Aurier's just not as good as our past two right backs. Walker was better defensively and Trippier was able to deliver going forward. The worst part for me is that Mourinho keeps putting Sissoko out there to help protect the right side when Aurier does go forward so we end up with a right side that completely lacks creativity and consistency kills our own attack.

I'd agree Kane isn't making the same runs he has in the past but with Aurier he has no clue where the ball is going to end up. His delivery is just so inconsistent.

When Trips was here EVERYONE was making runs in the box because they knew he'd find them.

Aurier's just not as good as our past two right backs. Walker was better defensively and Trippier was able to deliver going forward. The worst part for me is that Mourinho keeps putting Sissoko out there to help protect the right side when Aurier does go forward so we end up with a right side that completely lacks creativity and consistency kills our own attack.
I’m sorry but that just isn’t sensible. Get more people in the box offering movement and Aurier (or Davis) just has to get the ball into a general area. Watch even Sheff Utd’s goals against us they had 4 in the box for 2 of their goals and 7 for the first goal. Watch us attack, it’s often 1 player, sometimes 2. Neither really looking to get themselves free, it’s lazy football that won’t result in goals even if David Beckham was the person delivering the crosses.

I’m sorry but that just isn’t sensible. Get more people in the box offering movement and Aurier (or Davis) just has to get the ball into a general area. Watch even Sheff Utd’s goals against us they had 4 in the box for 2 of their goals and 7 for the first goal. Watch us attack, it’s often 1 player, sometimes 2. Neither really looking to get themselves free, it’s lazy football that won’t result in goals even if David Beckham was the person delivering the crosses.

I just think your compensating too much for Aurier's poor delivery. Any RB in the premier can find a "general area". If we want a guy that can just find a general area we should at least expect him to be a top defender and Aurier's proven he's prone to make too many mistakes at the back.

I completely agree that our attack currently lacks movement but this is a thread about Aurier specifically not the rest of the side. If we want to be competitive again with the top 3/4 Aurier's just not good enough. Would you legitimately want him ahead of Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, or even Leicester's options?

I just think your compensating too much for Aurier's poor delivery. Any RB in the premier can find a "general area". If we want a guy that can just find a general area we should at least expect him to be a top defender and Aurier's proven he's prone to make too many mistakes at the back.

I completely agree that our attack currently lacks movement but this is a thread about Aurier specifically not the rest of the side. If we want to be competitive again with the top 3/4 Aurier's just not good enough. Would you legitimately want him ahead of Chelsea, United, City, Liverpool, or even Leicester's options?

Agreed. I was thinking the other day about our tactic of playing a wonky at the back so that Aurier can push on. You'd assume that that would be because he was an excellent crosser...however he really isn't. Really need to replace him this summer

Agreed. I was thinking the other day about our tactic of playing a wonky at the back so that Aurier can push on. You'd assume that that would be because he was an excellent crosser...however he really isn't. Really need to replace him this summer
It’s because he offers us nothing else s

Nothing wrong with any of his crosses today really, 1 was to close to the keeper but there was plenty for Kane of 2yrs ago to attack

Back