• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

VAR: Sponsored by Chelsea

Why is someone who makes such a wrong call — even with slow motion replays — allowed to then ref the NL derby in a few days?

Also the constant Man U bias sickens me. They want them in the CL so badly.

Clownland.

Why is someone who makes such a wrong call — even with slow motion replays — allowed to then ref the NL derby in a few days?
Exactly this, he should be stood down for a round of games not given the biggest game of the weekend

Feels like they are rushing it, if they can come out later on and say they made a mistake then they need to take more time over the decisions in the first place.

There is no excuse of fans getting home now, no reason not to absolutely nail it.

Exactly this, he should be stood down for a round of games not given the biggest game of the weekend

Yeah the lack of accountability is a problem.

Atm Refs can make huge errors and are then just back the following week to make some more.

If a referee makes a blatantly wrong decision when looking at video replays from all angles then surely they should have a break for “training” on the rules of the game. This would also help avoid bias, as they would strive for the correct decision to avoid this.

Also the constant Man U bias sickens me. They want them in the CL so badly.

Clownland.
They have had 18 penalties I believe so far this season

VAR/refereeing decisions are not the problem at Spurs at the moment.
It is just a red herring and Jose always uses it as a distraction from his current and resent ineptitude.

VAR/refereeing decisions are not the problem at Spurs at the moment.
It is just a red herring and Jose always uses it as a distraction from his current and resent ineptitude.

Yes you're completely right that this is separate from our problems.

It's just bloody annoying to have VAR set up, yet have it run in such an inconsistent way.

Yes you're completely right that this is separate from our problems.

It's just bloody annoying to have VAR set up, yet have it run in such an inconsistent way.

Don't get me wrong VAR/refereeing is not good.
But we have to rise above it or we could be reading "Jose says Spurs would be in Europe" and more worryingly next season "not been relegated if was not for refereeing decision in crucial games"
The typical excuse of poor teams

Feels like they are rushing it, if they can come out later on and say they made a mistake then they need to take more time over the decisions in the first place.

There is no excuse of fans getting home now, no reason not to absolutely nail it.
Is it the VAR ref saying they got it wrong, or someone who wasn't involved at the time?

Oliver probably stands behind his original decision, and has made a mental note to give us less than his usual nothing on Sunday.

Is it the VAR ref saying they got it wrong, or someone who wasn't involved at the time?

Oliver probably stands behind his original decision, and has made a mental note to give us less than his usual nothing on Sunday.

It's the PL Match Centre, so yeah Oliver could be annoyed about the whole thing.

I'm sure even with VAR Michael Oliver would've disallowed the Mendes goal all those years ago.

That's how little faith I have in VAR's implementation and Oliver's integrity.

Those blatantly wrongfully given/not given penalties is what fans wanted VAR to correct, not endless "is his nose hair in offside?" analysises.

And accountability? Where is that? How can they simply say "sorry, we fudged up three times", move on and that's that?

These refs are - supposedly - highly trained professionals who even with the benefit of slow motion replays fudges up the easiest decisions. As a result Spurs are denied the opportunity to gain momentum from a penalty goal, while Manure get that momentum from their wrongly awarded penalty.

These are big moments in a match. The kind of moments you'd expect refs to step up - to man up - and make use of VAR for the benefit of an impartial and correct decision. Especially when it's clear as day for everyone to see what call to make.

Then they fudge up. And there are no consequences. It's baffling.

I'm sure even with VAR Michael Oliver would've disallowed the Mendes goal all those years ago.

That's how little faith I have in VAR's implementation and Oliver's integrity.

Those blatantly wrongfully given/not given penalties is what fans wanted VAR to correct, not endless "is his nose hair in offside?" analysises.

And accountability? Where is that? How can they simply say "sorry, we fudged up three times", move on and that's that?

These refs are - supposedly - highly trained professionals who even with the benefit of slow motion replays fudges up the easiest decisions. As a result Spurs are denied the opportunity to gain momentum from a penalty goal, while Manure get that momentum from their wrongly awarded penalty.

These are big moments in a match. The kind of moments you'd expect refs to step up - to man up - and make use of VAR for the benefit of an impartial and correct decision. Especially when it's clear as day for everyone to see what call to make.

Then they fudge up. And there are no consequences. It's baffling.
This whole post in a nutshell is how I feel about VAR
It's a clear mistake by the ref, VAR will sort it, and then no
I'm sure I heard something about Fifa taking it over for next year

Back