• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

No it is having a disproportionate effect on clubs who budget relies heavily on match day income.

The likes of City and Chelsea are okay. United and Liverpool have a huge commercial income to make up the shortfall.
Whereas us and Arsenal are fudged.

5 years ago when we were in the old WHL we would have been okay.
We would have had to sell the land we owned probably at the old ground just to stand still
The ground didn’t generate enough income to cover the ages and transfer money we owe

The 14th was a anomaly as about 11 teams were separated by 5 points.

If moving past the likes of Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Palace is seen as progress then we’re in bigger trouble than I thought.

You reckon he can still spin it round?
It’s a tough ask but we might just finish above Burnley on goal difference.

I can take the fact we are poor and it’s a new manager and he needs time, so I’m not saying sack him.

But the performances against the absolute cack in the league needs to be addressed.

Burnley play with a solid base like we try but they at least have a plan going the other way to build on those negative-esq tactics and that’s based around feeding Wood and his strike partner.

Our system seems be negative and hope the front 4 work something out.

It reminds me of when I was at school and we lumped it to my mate who was class and hope he does something.
I didn’t know we went to school together mate..... those were brick passes you kept lumping up to me by the way.

Reactions: DTA
Fair point. Poch is gone, wanted him to stay but it is what it is.

I was massively against getting Jose in, think he’s washed up compared to his earlier years. His football at Man U,and this was a point generally shared by their fans, was awful to watch.

But having a third manager in less than a year for this group of players will create more instability.
Also how much will it cost to pay him off? We can ill afford this at the mo.

let’s see the window through, his plan and hope he can get ndombele playing because this guy will be worth every penny we paid for him.
We can’t afford to sack him anyway.

he might sack us

maybe it’ll be like Clough at Leeds, he couldn’t believe the players were as bad as they had looked under the previous manager (attitude rather than effectiveness in that case) and was confident he could get them playing to a higher level, turned out they were wall to wall clams and it couldn’t be done

But the colour coding doesn’t make comparisons between different years, it makes comparisons between different teams in any given year. So it shows that our net spending on transfer fees was more than Arsenal and similar to Man U and Liverpool before the stadium was announced.
So when Levy said the stadium build would not affect our transfer budget???

So when Levy said the stadium build would not affect our transfer budget???

Do you think publicly stating that money was going to be tight for a few years might have had a negative knock on effect in certain areas? Puts you on the back foot during negotiations commercially id have thought and would invite interest for players who'd be more keen to listen to offers

Personally I think this is what’s happened to us under Mourinho:

Around the time Poch was sacked the mood around the squad was awful - 2+ years of backward momentum, brick league form entrenching disappointment of losing a CL final, everyone knowing there were several players who didn’t want to be here, and the Poch era having ended without a trophy.

Then we got a bit of a new manager bounce under Mourinho, which got us close to 4th.

But then we had lots of injuries (most damagingly to Kane), and our performances and league position went massively backwards - end of bounce.

Then we had a weird covid-induced break, which I thought might have re-energised the players, but maybe instead just allowed a lot of the players’ morale at the club to fester (based on the disappointing last 2+ years and the disappointing last 10 matches).

Then everyone came back to the weird and deflating experience of playing in an empty stadium, without the noise of the fans to turn their morale around.

And I can’t imagine Mourinho’s dour, tough love approach is helping to turn around this group of players - many of whom have been here for ages and probably just want a fresh start at another team due to all of the above.

———

Personally I think our best bet is therefore to sell any of Kane / Alli / Son / Ndombele who understandably don’t have their heart it in here (Ndombele for different reasons to the others), and use that windfall to buy some young, hungry players that are excited at the thought of playing under one of the most successful managers of recent times in Mourinho. (And then when he fails, we’ve still got a decent young squad for a new, younger manager the following season :D)

It would be cheaper to sack him then need him to buy us a new team. A young energetic coach might be a better bet.

Can’t see Levy sacking him though. Levy doesn’t strike me as someone who would give up on his plan that quickly.

Although player power could be the only thing that does force Levy’s hand.

Any talk of sacking is embarrassing to be honest. The guy has had six months, no pre season, no summer transfer window. Any manager would deserve better but especially one that has his record. Anyone who is seriously suggesting we sack him obviously has an agenda but whether you like him or not as a person, he consistently delivers success.

Back