• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Levy has done great things away from the football side of the club. But name another currently successful football club where the CEO is in charge of making football decisions. Every successful team right now has a DOF, a full analytics team, a scouting department.

Spurs have Levy deciding to appoint Mourinho because she's always wanted to. And he's a big name to keep us in the limelight.

Instead of a scouting department we are now linked to every Jorge Mendes player. Mended client Gedson wasn't getting in the Benefica. So he ends up on Spurs on loan for 2 seasons with a 50m future fee. This isn't down to the scouting department. This would never happen at Liverpool or City. They would never develop another clubs player for free.

I don’t believe the club has sides, it’s one thing, it’s all interconnected.

There may not be a comparable club, but that’s primarily because there isn’t another club in the game (that I’m aware of) trying to do what we are.

Our blueprint is very clear, and I wouldn’t want anyone else running it.

I don’t believe the club has sides, it’s one thing, it’s all interconnected.

There may not be a comparable club, but that’s primarily because there isn’t another club in the game (that I’m aware of) trying to do what we are.

Our blueprint is very clear, and I wouldn’t want anyone else running it.
I don't get that at all really. If we have a clear blueprint (that involves buying young, not too expensive players and developing them). Then I would absolutely want the very best football man running with that blueprint. Levy can create the blueprint, he doesn't need to execute it as well.

Just can't see Levy and ENIC leaving Spurs anytime soon. But Levy's time as chairman is surely one of the worst period in Spurs' history. It is really unacceptable to have won just 1 trophy in 19 years since Levy became the chairman.

Just can't see Levy and ENIC leaving Spurs anytime soon. But Levy's time as chairman is surely one of the worst period in Spurs' history. It is really unacceptable to have won just 1 trophy in 19 years since Levy became the chairman.
I know
He should change his shooting boots at least

View attachment 8923 Got this message the other day on teletext

Probably posted by these two idiots.

th

I just can’t understand it, most football club ownership changes go badly wrong.

Also, what kind of business would be able to afford us, it would have to be an extremely well run one, surely their ownership blueprint would be the same as ENIC’s...

I’m firmly in the Levy is ace camp, but surely, for those that aren’t, it’s better the devil you know?

ENIC have consistently improved us, it’s not been all forward progress, we’ve been knocked back before, but the trend line hasn’t changed.

I just can’t understand it, most football club ownership changes go badly wrong.

Also, what kind of business would be able to afford us, it would have to be an extremely well run one, surely their ownership blueprint would be the same as ENIC’s...

I’m firmly in the Levy is ace camp, but surely, for those that aren’t, it’s better the devil you know?

ENIC have consistently improved us, it’s not been all forward progress, we’ve been knocked back before, but the trend line hasn’t changed.

They’ve done very well to get us into the top 4 consistently, I just don’t think they are the people to get us to number 1-2. The ownership have done brilliantly in some areas and poor in others. The biggest faus pas being the decision to make no signings last season. Has left us with a stagnated squad with too much work to do in a short space of time.

As strange as this may sound, it comes across that some love ENIC more than Spurs. Remember when Levy decided to furlough the non-playing staff. The club got pelters from all sides in the media and from our fans and the club’s reputation took a hit, even if short term. Levy did the right thing and reversed the decision and people were upset that Levy had to back track and lose for once rather than praising him for coming to the correct decision in the end.

They’ve done very well to get us into the top 4 consistently, I just don’t think they are the people to get us to number 1-2. The ownership have done brilliantly in some areas and poor in others. The biggest faus pas being the decision to make no signings last season. Has left us with a stagnated squad with too much work to do in a short space of time.

As strange as this may sound, it comes across that some love ENIC more than Spurs. Remember when Levy decided to furlough the non-playing staff. The club got pelters from all sides in the media and from our fans and the club’s reputation took a hit, even if short term. Levy did the right thing and reversed the decision and people were upset that Levy had to back track and lose for once rather than praising him for coming to the correct decision in the end.

Fair enough, if you were offered new owners, with no real knowledge of who they were or where the money came from, would you stick or twist?

I can only speak for myself here, but one of the things I most like about them is their business first policy, I didn’t like that they backtracked on the furlough scheme as I think they did so for PR reasons rather than financial. I’m not sure it was the right thing to do for a business with a large hole in the income sheet.

Asides from the fact that we have finished in the '1-2' position in the last few years i don't think there are many owners that can get a club in to that position regularly when there are several bigger, richer clubs to compete with - are there any examples that I'm unable to think of? the key to doing that is money and the club is closing the financial gap between itself and the clubs above, due in no small part to the owners management of the club.

I'd say they have more than earned the right to show where they can take us now that the stadium is a reality and in theory we can start to compete on a more even financial footing. The mismanagement of the squad during the last 3 years throws a bit of a spanner in the works though as the focus right now is rebuilding the team rather taking the final step.

Last edited:
Fair enough, if you were offered new owners, with no real knowledge of who they were or where the money came from, would you stick or twist?

I can only speak for myself here, but one of the things I most like about them is their business first policy, I didn’t like that they backtracked on the furlough scheme as I think they did so for PR reasons rather than financial. I’m not sure it was the right thing to do for a business with a large hole in the income sheet.

Would depend on the offer of course. The club would have to do their due diligence and consider the nature offer, the people who were making the offer etc. I’d be guarded for sure. If it were a responsible, well run business like ourselves but with more money then sure I’d be open to it.

Re the furlough, I imagine the club weighed up the negative publicity we were receiving and were mindful of future sponsorship deals being impacted. Not unreasonable to think some companies may have had second thoughts about jumping into bed with us.

Would depend on the offer of course. The club would have to do their due diligence and consider the nature offer, the people who were making the offer etc. I’d be guarded for sure. If it were a responsible, well run business like ourselves but with more money then sure I’d be open to it.

Re the furlough, I imagine the club weighed up the negative publicity we were receiving and were mindful of future sponsorship deals being impacted. Not unreasonable to think some companies may have had second thoughts about jumping into bed with us.

I’d be surprised if there was a brand involved in football commercial partnerships who hadn’t made use of the furlough scheme too.

Back