• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
But what you are proposing only really works if he is part of a 2. And who? Are you saying someone like Jimenez as an example?

I think that if we want Harry to regain his form and retain his legs, we need to make sure he has intelligent service on the floor and intelligent movement around him. Poch always wanted a front four which could switch and move throughout the match, thus Eriksen would be left then right, Dele in the 10 then uptop, and Harry could work that 35 yards from goal area, dropping into pockets of space, taking advantage to get into the box or simply lurk. But the movement around him has always been vital. A bruiser uptop is not the answer for me, the answer remains finding a player like Bruno Fernandes or hoping GLC can own it. We need intelligence, movement and smart interchanging players to bring the best out of Harry. Put it this way, if he ends up at Madrid or Barca, they won't have him there primarily as a 10. It is, however, incredible that he is our best passer right now!

Yes I am proposing he be part of a two up front. Possibly in a 442 formation. Like this:

........Bergy.........New DM.......LoCelso......Son

..................New CF........Kane

I don't see why the interchanging between Bergy, Kane, LoCelso and Son would be much different to what you suggest above, except LoCelso having more defensive duties and Kane more offensive ones. This system does rely on two things. A brute of a DM who will protect the back four and break up play and a CF who will lead the line well, occupy the centre halves and hold the ball up to enable our attacks to have a focal point. This system maximises Kane's intelligence in the box as well as his passing and scoring abilities but removes from him the heavy lifting and physical battles necessary for a Mourinho CF.

But what you are proposing only really works if he is part of a 2. And who? Are you saying someone like Jimenez as an example?

I think that if we want Harry to regain his form and retain his legs, we need to make sure he has intelligent service on the floor and intelligent movement around him. Poch always wanted a front four which could switch and move throughout the match, thus Eriksen would be left then right, Dele in the 10 then uptop, and Harry could work that 35 yards from goal area, dropping into pockets of space, taking advantage to get into the box or simply lurk. But the movement around him has always been vital. A bruiser uptop is not the answer for me, the answer remains finding a player like Bruno Fernandes or hoping GLC can own it. We need intelligence, movement and smart interchanging players to bring the best out of Harry. Put it this way, if he ends up at Madrid or Barca, they won't have him there primarily as a 10. It is, however, incredible that he is our best passer right now!

The thing that makes Bruno so successful is his movement. If you watched him for Portugal it was uncanny how many loose balls/short basic passes he was on the end of. This isn't luck. It's someone being able to manipulate little areas and having an instinct of how play will pan out, and constantly being on the move. Its a largely unmeasurable attribute and is therefore often overlooked or worse still unnoticed. Remember Lamela vs Man U - he's probably the one for us that has that quality - he picks up an uncanny amount of possession in dangerous positions - unfortunately, he's not quite as clinical as Bruno.

The problem at the moment is we don't really have a Bruno, doing all the work in those areas between midfield and attack (Dele and Lamela have threatened), which would mean Kane could move himself back to the top of the attack and wait for things to pan out - saving his legs and making sure he can be on the end of as many final balls as possible.

I know there is some talk that GLC may be that player - His numbers alone at Betis would suggest so. I would like to see more of him in an advanced position. So far we've mainly seen him from deep with his head up looking forward, rather than the other way round.

The thing that makes Bruno so successful is his movement. If you watched him for Portugal it was uncanny how many loose balls/short basic passes he was on the end of. This isn't luck. It's someone being able to manipulate little areas and having an instinct of how play will pan out, and constantly being on the move. Its a largely unmeasurable attribute and is therefore often overlooked or worse still unnoticed. Remember Lamela vs Man U - he's probably the one for us that has that quality - he picks up an uncanny amount of possession in dangerous positions - unfortunately, he's not quite as clinical as Bruno.

The problem at the moment is we don't really have a Bruno, doing all the work in those areas between midfield and attack (Dele and Lamela have threatened), which would mean Kane could move himself back to the top of the attack and wait for things to pan out - saving his legs and making sure he can be on the end of as many final balls as possible.

I know there is some talk that GLC may be that player - His numbers alone at Betis would suggest so. I would like to see more of him in an advanced position. So far we've mainly seen him from deep with his head up looking forward, rather than the other way round.
Moura can’t play with GLC IMO
He takes up similar lines and wants to come central too often
I do believe that Jose wants to play GLC in the hole and he is saving Bergwein for the arsenal game

How is it cowardly
It’s actually brave surely
And son argued his case too
For once we’re seeing the passion we haven’t had for a few years (other than cup wins)
See below.
Hugo had a go at Son for being lazy (which he isn't really), knowing that Son is not the violent retaliation type.
Son, not being the violent retaliation type, but not wanting to look soft in front of the lads, had a half-hearted go back, hoping he would be restrained.
Which he was. Honours even.

It is good to get back to winning ways. But it was another unconvincing performance. The fact we won by an own goal despite playing at home shows how much we are struggling now. Traditionally, Everton have always been a "friendly" team to us, always giving us positive results. So, it was supposed to be a rountine win over Everton but we made hard work if it.

For some reason our attack were toothless and we didn't look like scoring apart from the own goal. Credit to Lo Celso for forcing the own goal but his shot was actually going wide until being deflected into goal. Thought Kane would continue his goal scoring run but he was poor. He even wasted another freekick. Son has a few chances which he could have done better. But the most annoying moment was Son's on-the-field fight with Lloris which was embarassing. Others like Moura and Lamela who replaced him had a quiet game as well.

Our midfield didn't help our attack much as we failed to control the midfield. This match shows again how we miss a defensive midfielder who can control the midfield. Too bad we don't have a player like Dembele nowadays.

Our defence didn't have much to do but did enough to keep the clean sheet. Great to see Alderweireld returning to the defence. Hope he will start all our remaining matches. Everton didn't attack us much but we did rode our luck a few times. Lloris was right to scold Son for not helping out the defence but he should not have done it on the field. It was another embarassing moment which we could have done without.

With this win, we are now 12 matches unbeaten against Everton, which is our longest unbeaten run against the same team in the PL history. But this was our first win in 3 matches over Everton. Let's hope we can beat them home and away next season to help our top 4 race.

Back