• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

And that's exactly who we should be targeting. Remember close season people touting McGinn over Grealish because he had better numbers or something. But what was evident to me was that Grealish had the tools to go up a level. I think he's shown that this year in a very poor team. He's held his own against better players and would go up again in a better team.

Back to Eze....When I had a look at him last season he looked like he had the Eriksen passing potential around the box, but like you say - with power and mobility to go with.
Exactly. You can see that certain players just have that swagger about them. Eze has that bravery and confidence to always demand the ball and be prepared to stay on it. Same as Bedford I like the way Eze uses both feet, I like his quick and close control, I like that he plays with his head up most of all though I like his confidence, that is what tells me that he will step up.

Was thinking about him today actually. He does seem a Mourinho player doesn't he.
Apparently we enquired for him in January so there was interest back then. I know we no longer have Kane and Son injured but we still need a second decent number 9 option and this guy ticks a lot of Mourinho type boxes. I also thought he played well for Kosovo against England, that was his audition and he passed it.

I see people mentioning selling Sissoko. If you think Mourinho is in the habit of selling powerful, multi positional, generally fit players that are happy enough to be part of a squad then I think you may be surprised. Either you will or I will.
I think he'll still be here next season. The season after will be a step too far though. I am hoping that we might be able to get him to agree to go to China so that we get a decent fee for him then.

Apparently we enquired for him in January so there was interest back then. I know we no longer have Kane and Son injured but we still need a second decent number 9 option and this guy ticks a lot of Mourinho type boxes. I also thought he played well for Kosovo against England, that was his audition and he passed it.

I heard Comolli talking about him on a podcast and saying how good he is mentally and well suited he'd be for the PL.

He was great in all their internationals
And for him it would be a move to make him
He strikes me as the kind of hungry player we could do with more of

Is this us? Plays for Lille and is a left footed centre back.
Everton face a fight to sign Lille defender Gabriel Magalhaes after a second Premier League club made a late bid for the player.

The Brazilian is expected to decide his future this week with Everton and Serie A side Napoli the front runners to sign him.

But Gabriel has now been made aware of a late bid by an unnamed Premier League club, thought to be in excess of £22m.

The 22-year-old is expected to leave Lille this summer following the curtailment of the 2019/20 campaign.

He has attracted rival offers from Italy and Spain but Everton and Napoli remain favourites to clinch a deal for the defender.

Gabriel starred in a Lille side that finished fourth in Ligue 1, helping them secure a place in next season's Europa League.

He joined the French club in 2017 after arriving from Brazil and has made 52 appearances since.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...sign-lille-defender-with-premier-league-rival

We'll be short on money, getting funding by selling will be more difficult than usual because of the general lack of money going around unless we get lucky.

Hoping for one or two great deals, contract situations, young players that fulfill their potential quickly.

More realistically I think we need to look primarily at functional players that can do a job and thus allowing our existing players to excel. Plug some gaps in the first team and squad with players that won't be great, but will give us better options and thus flexibility than we have now.

Why have Lille got ( and recently had) so many sought after players? We need to sign their DoF and entire scouting team.

Campos. Leaving at the end of the season, friends with Mourinho from their time together at Madrid and linked with us for a while.

More realistically I think we need to look primarily at functional players that can do a job and thus allowing our existing players to excel. Plug some gaps in the first team and squad with players that won't be great, but will give us better options and thus flexibility than we have now.

This is key for me too. We look a little overstocked in some positions with nothing in others.

Back