• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless he's at immediate risk of injury I'd start Ndombele wherever possible.

He needs to get used to the league, and even if he's knackered after 30 mins keep him on for a bit longer to give him a workout.

I'd be interested in seeing Ndombele in the right inside forward position, as a way of getting him used to the league and increasing creativity in our forward line but I wouldn't be starting him there yet.

yq3if7h.jpg

I like that midfield three alot.

I'd be interested in seeing Ndombele in the right inside forward position, as a way of getting him used to the league and increasing creativity in our forward line but I wouldn't be starting him there yet.

that was the Dembele path wasn’t it for a while? Poch had him either left or right forward.

Why/ hasn't Mourinho thought of this!?

Getting the coordinating for Ndombele and LeCelco to help Sissoko screen would be the key or challenge. Neither Ndombele or Le Celso are natural defensive players. Something they need to hone. But otherwise its an exciting setup.

I like that midfield three alot.

Why/ hasn't Mourinho thought of this!?

Getting the coordinating for Ndombele and LeCelco to help Sissoko screen would be the key or challenge. Neither Ndombele or Le Celso are natural defensive players. Something they need to hone. But otherwise its an exciting setup.

All the way back when Poch was persisting with the diamond it as aimed at eventually the midfield looking like that. La Celso and Ndombele are perfect for the left and right points of that shape.

La Celso injured, Ndombele inj/looking poo and I'd probably guess Poch thought Dier could play the holding role as well, and his form was poo as well.

So we never got close to trialling it. Although we did persist with other players in that shape to disastrous effect.

Jose has had little opportunity to try it as well BUT if he's bold enough to throw Ndombele in and see if he sinks or swims, now could be a good time as realistically we have little to play for.

It is almost impossible for us to finish in top 4 or even top 5 this season. We are now 10 points behind 5th placed ManU with only 6 matches to play. We have to forget about the CL places and concentrate on winning all our remaining matches. We have a great record against Everton, being unbeaten against them home or away in 14 matches since 2012. But we have drawn our last 2 matches against them, including the 1-1 draw away earlier in the season. We need to get back to winning ways by beating them at home in this match.

Good to see Kane scoring in his last 2 matches. He has now scored 13 league goals this season. Hope he can continue scoring to reach at least 20 league goals this season. Unlike Kane, others like Son, Moura, Alli, Bergwijn and Lamela are not looking sharp in front of goals now. Bergwijn seems to enjoy scoring against big teams like ManU but struggle against small teams. He needs to be more consistent. Moura has not been the same since scoring that hattrick against Ajax in the CL semi finals last season. Lamela helped set up our goals against West Ham and Sheffield United but wish he can score more goals.

Our midfield is one of our weak links. It has not been the same since Dembele left. We badly need a defensive midfielder to improve our midfield next season. For all his hard work, Sissoko still lacks the quality to control the midfield. Not convinced Ndombele has a long term future at Spurs as he never been convincing until now. Lo Celso works hard but needs to improve his end products. Others like Winks and Fernandes just lacks the quality to start the matches.

After the way we conceded the soft goals against Sheffield United, hope Mourinho will start with Alderweireld and Vertonghen in defence in this match. Sanchez and Dier badly lacks and composure in defence to be reliable defenders. Lloris too should be more alert as he could have done better against all the Sheffield United goals. With due respect to Everton, it will be annoying if we cannot stop them scoring in this match.

It has been a disappointing season, easily one of our worst season for a long time. After the way we progressed to the CL final last season, it is really annoying how badly we did in the CL this season and there is every chance we might miss the CL next season. We should at least aim to win all our remaining 6 matches to finish the season in a winning form.

Everybody dance now!

Regardless of who will play, we badly need to win this match. We need an early goal to help us settle down. Wish we can get a comfortable win for once ! Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Everton and get back our winning form.

I almost don’t care^ how we do too. I’d give up on the rest of the season if it meant that Mourinho would be gone. Arteta took over up the road and his impact is markedly better than the impact Mourinho has had. Arsenal now have a better system, better tactics and getting results, and all this with a weaker team. Mourinho isn’t the right manager for us, never has been.
*I obviously do care a LOT. Just fed up with what’s happening right now.

Everybody dance now!

Regardless of who will play, we badly need to win this match. We need an early goal to help us settle down. Wish we can get a comfortable win for once ! Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and meteorology to beat Everton and get back our winning form.
Credit where credit is due, you are an optimistic soul.

Lamela has played the key pass in all of the goals I can remember since the restart.
I don't blame you for not remembering our goals as they are rarely memorable these days. However....

Aurier to Bergwijn for the goal against Man Utd (may even have actually been Rashford's touch instead of Aurier's).
First goal against West Ham was an own goal after a brush off of Sanchez's arm.
Son to Kane for the consolation goal against Sheff Utd.

Lamela did play the key pass for our second goal against West Ham though.... In fact I just watched the goal again. It was Son who played in Kane for that second goal.

Last edited:
I don't blame you for not remembering our goals as they are rarely memorable these days. However....

Aurier to Bergwijn for the goal against Man Utd (may even have actually been Rashford's touch instead of Aurier's).
First goal against West Ham was an own goal after a brush off of Sanchez's arm.
Son to Kane for the consolation goal against Sheff Utd.

Lamela did play the key pass for our second goal against West Ham though.... In fact I just watched the goal again. It was Son who played in Kane for that second goal.

I meant goals we scored from open play, had forgotten the United one.

Who played the defence splitting pass to Son against Sheffield though...

Back