• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham v Everton

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’d like to see one team for everton and another against bournemouth town.

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Sissoko, Lo Celso
Bergwijn, Dele, Son
Kane

and for bournemouth town

Gazzaniga
Fagan-Walcott, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sessegnon
Winks, Gedson
Lucas, Ndombele, Lamela
Son (bring Kane on for last 30 mins)

Both really interesting line-ups and though I'd swap a couple would be happy to see either/both if only because they are different and trying something other than Roadrunnerball!

I'm not sure about the back 3, but despite my earlier post, I wonder whether in the short-term you're right about pushing GLC further forward even if it isnt his best position. He's the closest thing to Eriksen that we have so if we want to replicate the Son/Dele/Eriksen trio behind Kane which worked so well, then maybe he's our best bet? Problem is that then weakens the midfield....

The decision to haggle over Grealish a couple windows ago is looking even more stupid, particularly given Eriksen's contract. We really need a creative player in that front four somehow

I think, like Eriksen in his prime with us, he can play several places and be huge for us.

Defence (if playing a four) picks itself based on lack of options.
Shame about Tanganga as I think he'd be alongside Davo and allow Dier to move into DM, but there we are.

As I said in Mourinho thread I want to see if we can establish partnerships throughout the side. So...

Lloris

Aurier
Dier
Sanchez
Davies

Sissoko
Ndomele

Dele
Lo Celso
Son

Kane

From the back to front we have passers and unlockers, Sonny some speed (supplemented by the wonky Serge) and Dele/Kane dovetail.

I can't really see the point of playing Aurier so he can push on because he can't produce anything when he gets there... Therefore I'd go 4-1-4-1...

Lloris

Alderweireld
Dier
Sanchez
Vertonghen.

Sisskoko as DM with instructions not to enter the final third as he very seldom does anything good there. Full backs are not to not push forward and all five concentrate on defending... Toby and Jan haven't got the pace to get up and back and have both played there for Belgium.

Bergwein RM
Lo celso
Dele
Son.

Pace on both wings. Lo celso can pick a pass better than anyone at the moment and can do more damage further forward.. Dele can play off Harry.

Kane upfront.

I feel that team more supports our current strengths, for what there are, and doesn't play to our weaknesses.

Mourinho played 3 wingers against Sheffield United and they are a team who are happy to sit back and absorb pressure.... In my opinion he got it wrong...

We need some fight in the team more than anything though...

COYS.

Dele
Lo Celso
Son

This is the balance of a trio behind Kane which I advocated elsewhere, and similar to the Son/Dele/Eriksen trio in previous years

The problems are (i) Jose signed Bergwijn giving us 3 speedsters and as often played two at previous clubs....and I don't see how Dele fits with two quick guys and (ii) moving GLC to here leaves a gap in CM

Get Aurier and Sanchez out of the side, too many errors in those 2. I'd go for;
------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Dier--Alderweireld--Vertonghen--Davies-
-----------------------Sissoko------------------------
------------Ndombele---Lo Celso--------------
Bergwijn------------Kane---------------------Son

Jose will probably stick with the same back 4 against Sheffield though.

I’d like to see one team for everton and another against bournemouth town.

Lloris
Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Davies
Sissoko, Lo Celso
Bergwijn, Dele, Son
Kane

and for bournemouth town

Gazzaniga
Fagan-Walcott, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Sessegnon
Winks, Gedson
Lucas, Ndombele, Lamela
Son (bring Kane on for last 30 mins)
Poor Son.... being forced to play in both defeats! :D

I thought Davies was terrible against Sheffield Utd. We have Sessegnon, so let’s play him instead.

I also thought Lo Celso was terrible on Thursday and in normal circumstances a player would be dropped for a performance like that but we have nothing better in reserve.

Do not start the three speedsters all together this time. A massive error by JM against a packed defense with no speed to bring on once SU tired. Hope we never see this mistake repeated. I would like a back three and give Sess a chance at wingback and try and push their full backs back.

.............................Lloris.........................

........Toby...............Dier...........Verts...........

Aurier.................Sissoko/Winks/Skipp...........Sess

...............LoCelso...........TFM..........Bergy/Son/Dele

............................Kane............................

3-1. Sorted.

This team gives Aurier the proection of Toby, Sess the protection of Verts and TFM the protection of Sissoko/Winks/Skipp. It gives a solid foundation to build on. Width down both flanks and the creativity of TFM and LoCelso with Kane supported by Son/Dele/Bergy. What's not to like?

is that player back for Everton who was horribly injured with that collision with Son?

The last time we had a run of 1 win, 2 draws and 6 losses from our last 9 games was back in 2004.
Pleat was caretaker after Hoddle was sacked.
It can't possibly get worse than this can it?

I can't really see the point of playing Aurier so he can push on because he can't produce anything when he gets there... Therefore I'd go 4-1-4-1...

Lloris

Alderweireld
Dier
Sanchez
Vertonghen.

Sisskoko as DM with instructions not to enter the final third as he very seldom does anything good there. Full backs are not to not push forward and all five concentrate on defending... Toby and Jan haven't got the pace to get up and back and have both played there for Belgium.

Bergwein RM
Lo celso
Dele
Son.

Pace on both wings. Lo celso can pick a pass better than anyone at the moment and can do more damage further forward.. Dele can play off Harry.

Kane upfront.

I feel that team more supports our current strengths, for what there are, and doesn't play to our weaknesses.

Mourinho played 3 wingers against Sheffield United and they are a team who are happy to sit back and absorb pressure.... In my opinion he got it wrong...

We need some fight in the team more than anything though...

COYS.

I like that side largely because it deals with Aurier, my big worry would be pace at the back where Toby and Jan will both get done repeatedly, Sissoko cannot be two places at once and we will rely on Bergwijn and Son to cover them.

Do not start the three speedsters all together this time. A massive error by JM against a packed defense with no speed to bring on once SU tired. Hope we never see this mistake repeated. I would like a back three and give Sess a chance at wingback and try and push their full backs back.

.............................Lloris.........................

........Toby...............Dier...........Verts...........

Aurier.................Sissoko/Winks/Skipp...........Sess

...............LoCelso...........TFM..........Bergy/Son/Dele

............................Kane............................

3-1. Sorted.

Rubber on road time though, who would you start out of Sissoko/Winks/Skipp and Bergy/Son/Dele? THAT is the question my friend!

Let’s hope the players have more passion than this abomination of an OMT.

now Alli is injured I think I will review my team to include Lo Celso at 10 and Sissoko and Ndombele as the 2 centre mids. Sissoko has said that NDom is struggling with the language (thank the lord for the McDonald’s app eh?) so that might help with relaying specific instructions from Mourinho during the game.

I wouldnt get too drawn into what team we should play as these games are meaningless now and clear deficiencies in the squad must be addressed in the summer.

I set out two different teams for everton and bournemouth town only due to the fixture congestion we now face.

In the summer we need to bring in aarons, ruben diaz and soumare. If we bring these in there is plenty we can sell to help raise funds like alderweireld, sissoko, aurier, kwp and so on.

We need to develop sessegnon into a flying left back, so we get back to having reliable attacking full backs in the mould of rose/walker robertson/taa.

If we dont do these things then due in part to the strength of our competitors, not only will the rest of this season be meaningless but all of next season too, as this side has zero chance of getting into the top 4 next season.

We might though win the league cup if others take their eyes off the ball.

Hopefully this near 18 month period of pathetic PL results will make it plain to the board what needs to be done, otherwise both the board and fans will have to accept at least two mid-table finishes in a row and maybe a league cup as the height of what we can achieve.

there is plenty we can sell to help raise funds like alderweireld, sissoko, aurier, kwp and so on.

You need to find takers for these players, and in this years' market, they won't raise much. The players which we'll be selling will only attract lower half PL teams or overseas teams, and loads of those just won't have cash as they're more focussed on not going bankrupt. Those clubs might also struggle to pay the wages which our rejects are on today, which will also make them hard to shift

Toby - £5m? He's 31 after all
Sissoko - £10m? He's 31 this summer
Aurier - good luck trying to sell him - £15m?
KWP - £5m?
CCV - £2m plus add-ons? Lower league teams will be broke this summer - he might be unsell-able
Lamela - £15m?

So if we can find takers for them, maybe we can raise £50m? If we're looking at a net zero market, perhaps that funds 2 of the 3 which you're after (aarons, ruben diaz and soumare)

Let’s hope the players have more passion than this abomination of an OMT.

now Alli is injured I think I will review my team to include Lo Celso at 10 and Sissoko and Ndombele as the 2 centre mids. Sissoko has said that NDom is struggling with the language (thank the lord for the McDonald’s app eh?) so that might help with relaying specific instructions from Mourinho during the game.

Big Mac's a Big Mac, but they call it Le Big Mac.

Back