• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

Seems we are interested in Joe Hart, which makes perfect sense.

HG third choice keeper - madness having 3 non HG keepers.
I would imagine it is to be second choice as opposed to third choice. IMO it is a waste of valuable overseas player spots to be using them on backup keepers.

Hart can replace Gazzaniga and I think whichever is the best of our young keepers should be the Vorm replacement. If all of our young keepers are considered too poor/inexperienced then I'd advocate bringing back Jordan Archer, who I think was out on loan from Fulham at somewhere like Stockport last season so should seemingly be gettable, has decent experience and I think even further value in that he would count as home grown having come through at Spurs originally.

I’m far fond convinced by Mitchell and many in his role as most are buying known quantities
The clever ones identify the Kantes and Mahrezs
Here are Leipzig's signings in the last two years (which I think is how long Mitchell has been there)?

Tyler Adams (19. New York Red Bulls). £2.4m
Marcelo Saracchi (20. River Plate). £10.8m
Matheus Cunha (19. FC Sion). £13.5m
Nordi Mukhele (20. Montpellier). £14.4m
Amadou Haidara (20. RB Salzberg). £17.1m
Patrick Schick (23. Roma). £3.2m (loan fee)
Luan Candido (18. Palmeiras B) £7.2m
Hannes Wolf (20. RB Salzberg). £10.8m
Christopher Nkunku (21. PSG). £11.7m
Ademola Lookman (21. Everton). £16.2m
Dani Olmo (21. Dinamo Zagreb). £17.1m

I guess the two from RB Salzburg you couldn't really give Mitchell any credit for as Salzburg to Leipzig seems to be something of a pre-determined path.

About £125 million in all so quite a bit of money spent. It does look like he has been forced/chosen to operate in the 10 to 17 million bracket for his signings however (~£11m average cost).

Time will tell on whether the rest of them prove bargains at those sort of prices.

The ages of the players signed is telling though. Leipzig's model is clearly to sign talented young players, develop them and sell them for profit that allows them to buy more young talented players

Of the above players I recognise Schick, Mukhele and Nkunku as names that started against us. Some of the others may have been on the bench though

Here are Leipzig's signings in the last two years (which I think is how long Mitchell has been there)?

I guess the two from RB Salzburg you couldn't really give Mitchell any credit for as Salzburg to Leipzig seems to be something of a pre-determined path.

About £125 million in all so quite a bit of money spent. It does look like he has been forced/chosen to operate in the 10 to 17 million bracket for his signings however (~£11m average cost).

Time will tell on whether the rest of them prove bargains at those sort of prices.

The ages of the players signed is telling though. Leipzig's model is clearly to sign talented young players, develop them and sell them for profit that allows them to buy more young talented players

Of the above players I recognise Schick, Mukhele and Nkunku as names that started against us. Some of the others may have been on the bench though
Yep your spot on

Their a rich club actually in comparison to their peers in Germany and their doing well because of it but it’s not a rocket science approach

Yep your spot on

Their a rich club actually in comparison to their peers in Germany and their doing well because of it but it’s not a rocket science approach
It could just be coincidence and a small sample size but it looks to me as though their approach has changed a bit in the last few years. For the 4 or 5 years prior to Mitchell being there they spent a lot more than they received on transfers every year. It seems that they invested a lot into the club to push them up the league and into the Champions League but were careful to do that with young players. However since they have got themselves there they have reigned the spending in (or probably more pertinently balanced the spending with sales). In Mitchell's two years there they have only spent a total of £6m net on transfers (and that's before accounting for the Timo Werner sale).

It could just be coincidence and a small sample size but it looks to me as though their approach has changed a bit in the last few years. For the 4 or 5 years prior to Mitchell being there they spent a lot more than they received on transfers every year. It seems that they invested a lot into the club to push them up the league and into the Champions League but were careful to do that with young players. However since they have got themselves there they have reigned the spending in (or probably more pertinently balanced the spending with sales). In Mitchell's two years there they have only spent a total of £6m net on transfers (and that's before accounting for the Timo Werner sale).
Maybe
I know they buy quite a lot but then their rich as I say

What about the Saudi Sportswashing Machine lad! Different style and we’ve already strengthened wide but he’s got bags of potential and on last nights evidence used the ball well to go with the rest.
He is class but their being brought out one way or another so they won’t sell

I would imagine it is to be second choice as opposed to third choice. IMO it is a waste of valuable overseas player spots to be using them on backup keepers.

Hart can replace Gazzaniga and I think whichever is the best of our young keepers should be the Vorm replacement. If all of our young keepers are considered too poor/inexperienced then I'd advocate bringing back Jordan Archer, who I think was out on loan from Fulham at somewhere like Stockport last season so should seemingly be gettable, has decent experience and I think even further value in that he would count as home grown having come through at Spurs originally.

Button is at Brighton and has looked ok few times he has played. Our young keepers would be wasted at the club, best going on loan to even the conference for game time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I'd sell any of our stars to fund a rebuild. A decent bid for Kane or Alli and they can fudge off. This group of players is broken.

I wouldnt sell Kane, but we're badly missing some creativity in the final third so would entertain decent offers for Dele. That said, I cant see anyone offering a decent value, or certainly compared to what we might have got 2-3 years ago

These are the kinds of signings that I really miss us making. I bolded five of those players, because they've all seen their value skyrocket since they signed w/ Leipzig while being impactful players. Schick is very good, but I'm not counting him b/c he was a loan. And though there are quite a few who haven't panned out (about 50-50), the value in signing more players and taking more punts will greatly exceed the value lost on a few misfires.

Dele was a massive punt, but the value we got out of a 5 mil from MK Dons GREATLY outstrips the losses for your N'Koudou's/Njie's/Janssen's, especially if you buy British. Maybe Jack Clarke isn't any good, but the max we'll lose on that investment is 5 million pounds. We should absolutely be signing 2-3 of these kind of players every season to go along with Lo Celso/Bergwijn-type marquee signings. Not everyone loves Foyth, but he is worth so much more than the 7 mil we paid for him. I remember scratching my head when we signed Trippier for 2.5 mil from Burnley, that one turned out ok too. In fact, we paid less than 10 mil for Dier, Rose, Walker, Lloris, Vertonghen, and Eriksen.

We MUST be adding those types of players into our squad every season and we can't expect our first team manager to be managing the team whilst unearthing these gems. And it further identifies that absolute abomination that was the summer where we signed nobody. Nobody thought Andy Robertson was an important signing because Liverpool already had paid 18 mil for a LB, Alberto Moreno. Joe Gomez was an untested 5 million punt, etc etc. With our budget, we can only compete with the best teams in the world if we are intelligent. We haven't been run intelligently enough over the last few years, and we're seeing the results of it over the last 12 months.

Was thinking earlier about Hojbjerg after seeing Everton linked with him. As well as being in the position we need, being PL ready and seemingly available for a sensible price, he's probably worth an extra £10m to us given he's a captain and we desperately lack leaders in the team

Was thinking earlier about Hojbjerg after seeing Everton linked with him. As well as being in the position we need, being PL ready and seemingly available for a sensible price, he's probably worth an extra £10m to us given he's a captain and we desperately lack leaders in the team
He ain’t worth and extra £10m
He is worth £15/£20m with his contract situation
Anymore and there is better out there

Back