• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham vs Sheffield United

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At least I don't have to bother watching anymore football now, and can concentrate on things I should have done long ago. Season over.

Like those great stressless years pre-Martin Jol. Mid table mediocrity most years, could plan the summer holidays with about a third of the season to go and not get emotionally involved.

I play football on a Monday evening. Was wondering whether to go next Monday or watch the Everton game. No decision to be made now. I’ll be strutting around the 5 aside pitch looking like Jan Molby and playing like Serge fudging Aurier.

He signed off of these players still, he was part of the recruitment.

I am not shifting the blame from Levy - but it was a complete mess.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes recruitment wise (what if the players he signed off on were the best of a bad bunch put to him?) but what should be clear is that holding a person accountable for a transfer policy that they themselves were quite obviously/openly vexed with is bit stupid

I concur. In possession our move breaks down when Aurier Sissoko davies or Moura has the ball. In defence Aurier doesn’t fear or see danger, Sanchez is awkward unless he is facing a straight ball, Dier is decent in the air but positioned too deep, I think there is hope for him but he needs a season at CB with the Dutch lads and I’d be happy to see him at RB now he has got his fitness back (he’s better in the ball than the 4 mentioned earlier). Davies is just a non entity, I really don’t recall Sessegnon doing worse than he did tonight.
We really have built the squad into two really disjointed halves. Attacking wise we have players who need space to run into, which would only come from having a defence capable of absorbing pressure to counter attack.
The target for the rest of the season is for Mourinho to show that his tolerance for being poor in training is matched by his tolerance for poor performance in the actual match.

Sanchez makes Luiz look solid and King-esq

Teams target him

I rate Aarons going forward, but I am not sure he is the answer to our leaky defence.

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes recruitment wise (what if the players he signed off on were the best of a bad bunch put towards him?) but what should be clear is that holding a person accountable for a transfer policy that they were quite obviously/openly vexed with is bit stupid
Or excusing a man who is part of it is too surely??

I’ll just add whilst I’m at it... if Danny Rose defended like our FBs did today he would be murdered by some fans

You can argue the need for more creativity etc, but this team for awhile lacks urgency and desire. Pretty nice passes side to side does nothing vs an organised team, you need to fight for the ball and some damn movement. Kane is not immune to that either, his hold up play is terrible right now and while some excuses can be given for 5/6 players around match fitness due to injuries, that would explain not lasting 90 mins not the sheer lack of real effort from the start

We don't know what goes on behind the scenes recruitment wise (what if the players he signed off on were the best of a bad bunch put towards him?) but what should be clear is that holding a person accountable for a transfer policy that they were quite obviously/openly vexed with is bit stupid

Fair point that we don't know.

But it looks bad anecdotally, with Southampton and us there were points when a big deal was made of him being given more control over incoming transfers, and at both clubs, that coincided with a series of signings that didn't work out.

The next club to hire him will have concerns there I'm sure.

so Mourinho has to move on?
The players look complacent?
Answer?
Come on it’s getting silly now. I’m not saying you won’t get your wish or that I’m feeling especially confident but You can’t judge a manager who has always delivered a trophy on a mid season take over with a pandemic enforced break in the middle of it!
It was an awful game for us but we have to give him at least a Pre season and a transfer window before he can take full responsibility for everything. Saying that I do hope to see him shuffling the pack, it’s the same players letting us and now him down.

Back