• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can no longer be caught by the following :-

Norwich City - gw 31

Think positive, no bottom place for us this year. The only way is up !

1592512175720-png.483333

hopefully no EL for us, reduce the squad size (backups) save their wages then buy the RB CH DM and maybe backup striker
fill the other squad positions with u23's and coach them
without EL/Cl less matching more coaching time

I think every club is going to struggle between now and the new season financially, if THFC are expecting revenue losses of around £200m then all clubs will be in a similar position but without the backup of good profits in previous years. The transfer market will be deflated.

It would not surprise me to see a lot of clubs not come through the Covid period, Wigan have already filed for administration.

Throw in the uncertainty of work permits for EU players on the back of a No-Deal Brexit and professional football could well be a different animal over the next few seasons.

Top 7 league places are excluded from next season's league cup. So i think we will win that next year anyway.

I can see that, that would be a return to silverware tinged with a bit of irony...Still, better than nothing though, I am big in to the concept of success breeding success and even if it would be mocked big time there'd still be tough teams + situations to overcome that the squad could learn from.

As for the EL, I need TP for my bunghole (assuming we don't completely collapse this month...). With savvy squad management it's doable as long as we have options and it can be the making of players like Skipp.

Battling it out with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Crystal Palace to finish top of the bottom half of the table.

Back to the days of seeing the fair play table as a viable way into Europe.

The way things are going I think we’re going to struggle to make the EL
Good, gives us a year like what Leicester & Chelsea had with no distractions, no ridiculous travelling to timbuktoo for games
38 league games and a good go at the cups, perfect for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back