• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Official TV Thread ***

The Sinner S3,very good...it seems now after watching S2,is that the storyline is the detective not the case that he handles is the main thrust of the show.
He’s got some deep brick to sort out...S4 already given go ahead.

Public service announcement: ASFS is as wrong as wrong can be. Seasons 1 & 2 were watchable B- stuff. Season 3 is horrendous. Nothing that any character does - personally, or professionally - makes any sense. Acting is fine, direction is fine, but the storyline and script must have come from an overfitted AI trained on a few years of whydunnit police procedurals. By episode four or five, moderate interest will have been replaced with cold fury at the time you have wasted. I bailed after six. Mrs SoT carried on bravely to the end, but regretted it.

New season of Dark out! Can't wait to watch it. First couple of seasons were phenomenal.

Yep, one of the best series I have seen. I'm definitely gonna need to watch a few recaps on YouTube or somewhere first though to remember everything and everyone first!

What did you think?

Did you enjoy it? Im jealous you get to enjoy two more series.

It has a lovely 'way' about it...if you know what I mean?

Given the subject matter it could so easily be twee, but it's not. Its subtle, beautifully shot and the music is perfectly matched. The relationships between the main characters are well constructed and nuanced beyond the norm.
Like a lot of the best series, there are some great supporting characters.

It's a nice watch because of the pace of it, you can lose yourself for half an hour watching the complicated world of an uncomplicated world.

It's not as good as Office, Partridge and Peep Show but maybe the comedy of them resonates for longer in the memory? And probably unfair holding it up against them?

Does anyone remember Northern Exposure from the 90's?

Thinking back, I think it was a bit ahead of its time with its quirkyness and un-obvious character development.

That said, perhaps I'd watch it now and think it's average?

Given the subject matter it could so easily be twee, but it's not. Its subtle, beautifully shot and the music is perfectly matched. The relationships between the main characters are well constructed and nuanced beyond the norm.

It's a nice watch because of the pace of it, you can lose yourself for half an hour watching the complicated world of an uncomplicated world.

It's not as good as Office, Partridge and Peep Show but maybe the comedy of them resonates for longer in the memory? And probably unfair holding it up against them?

I just enjoyed the slow pace of it. Even the rivalry with those dastardly dirt sharks was done with a warmth.

If the country was like that and it is in parts it is a better place then i sometimes think.

It is well written because most people would make the mother in law a battle axe but he does not do that, which is what makes it feel more true to life.

Not ground breaking alternative comedy but just so lovely and my favourite ever.

Watch 15 storeys high for a different sort of a laugh, best thing sean lock ever did. Rat in a can? Yes please haha.

That's pretty much how I feel. It takes me to a happy place.

Does anyone remember Northern Exposure from the 90's?

Thinking back, I think it was a bit ahead of its time with its quirkyness and un-obvious character development.

That said, perhaps I'd watch it now and think it's average?

Yep i do and i really enjoyed it. I think it was the cop who rode a Harley ( best bikes ever).

Last edited:
Back