• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

Two of the greatest players I've seen at this club couldn't tackle or run any further than they had to, but both Greaves and Hoddle delivered results and terrified opponents.

Fitness levels are in a different world to those times. Back them no-one thought about diet, people had beers the night before a game, people smoked etc and the game is so much faster

I watched it and Ally Gold asked him was there an argument and his words, from memory, were “There is nothing, I can only play 11 players.” There was no “Tanguy and me are fine, there was no argument.”

Watching it, I was thinking the reports could well be true and Jose hasn’t lied there. Likewise there could be nothing in it.
I think it’s a clear response
He can only play 11 players and he is playing him no less than Poch do who signed him
He I still young ish too and needs to adapt

If he shows the right attitude them I'm sure he will work out. The fans would love someone with his ability. However if he continues to be a lazy **** then he wont get on the pitch so will fail

It wouldn't do him or us any good giving him an easy route into the team. We need to get him working as hard as the other players, then we really have a player on our hands.

Well obviously it has something to do with Jose in the sense that he is manager. But tell me a top team these days who has a player so absent in fitness and can only do somethings on the ball and doesn’t do any work when not in possession? The days of your Ginolas, Le Tissier etc are gone if you want to play at a team in the higher bracket. Would Klopp or Pep play him? No chance. He’s trying to get his fitness to the required level which by the state of him pre lockdown is going to take a while. Lo Celso is a good example, so many were going on about their concerns Jose wasn’t playing him straight away whilst Mourinho was saying he wasn’t ready. When Jose perceived him as ready he played him and hasn’t looked back since. I think will end up being the same with NDombele but the player has to show he wants it and rightly so. He wouldn’t be getting anymore game time at other clubs on our level, he needs to get his head right and buckle down this summer and I’ve no doubt he will be big for us next season....
But thats the point. Why is he lacking in fitness? Look around him, best training ground in the world and staff to go with it. If he doesn't have excuses that stack up, Jose will treat him with contempt especially when others appear to step up to the levels expected. His sporadic appearances that are then followed by disappearing from Jose's thoughts, is that because Jose doesn't like what he sees on the pitch or what he then sees in training? Such a costly (and talented) member of the squad would normally be in and around the 11 and expected to get minutes even as a sub. It wouldn't surprise me that if Jose thinks, figuratively, that Ndombele is 'sitting on his arse' then he can sit on his arse on the bench. He's been with us since pre-season, lets give him a pass until next season, and if not then, maybe the season after:rolleyes:.

If he shows the right attitude them I'm sure he will work out. The fans would love someone with his ability. However if he continues to be a lazy **** then he wont get on the pitch so will fail

It wouldn't do him or us any good giving him an easy route into the team. We need to get him working as hard as the other players, then we really have a player on our hands.

This really is the crux of the whole thing, but don't think 'getting him to work hard' or 'showing the right attitude' (especially one aligned to Jose's way of working) is easy, in fact it is more likely to be impossible, some are just wired the way they are.

This really is the crux of the whole thing, but don't think 'getting him to work hard' or 'showing the right attitude' (especially one aligned to Jose's way of working) is easy, in fact it is more likely to be impossible, some are just wired the way they are.

You could well be right but he should be given a chance to show that he can do it before we decide to get rid.

It’s got nothing to do with Mourinho, it’s the basic demands on a Premier League player. No matter what your ability is if you’re not fit enough to get around the pitch especially in a CM position you won’t make it here. Much as I love his skills, every time I’ve seen him he’s blowing out of his backside by the 30 minute mark. Not having any games for 3 months he isnt suddenly going to come back fitter than ever regardless of his lockdown fitness regime. I really think all we are going to see is a couple of cameos this season, then we will see after a proper pre season where he truly stands next season....

tickle my balls with a feather for me, the boy has talent for sure but IF he is not willing to put the hard graft in while training then Jose is doing the right thing by not playing him.

Tottenham transfer news: Tanguy Ndombele could join Barcelona in a player-swap deal for Philippe Coutinho?

Discuss.

Tottenham transfer news: Tanguy Ndombele could join Barcelona in a player-swap deal for Philippe Coutinho?

Discuss.

Hard pass. We are already stocked in our front 6, and Coutinho is 27 and has massive wages. As much as I'd truly hate to get rid of Ndombele for any reason, if he goes, the money MUST be used to solve our huge problems with DM and full-back.

Again, I wouldn't sell him under any circumstances, but if we can get the 65 mil and turn it into Hojbjerg, Aarons, and Eze (for example), I could at least see the logic in that b/c that could help us build a more balanced squad on our super small post-COVID budget. Coutinho would be the opposite of that.

Hard pass. We are already stocked in our front 6, and Coutinho is 27 and has massive wages. As much as I'd truly hate to get rid of Ndombele for any reason, if he goes, the money MUST be used to solve our huge problems with DM and full-back.

Again, I wouldn't sell him under any circumstances, but if we can get the 65 mil and turn it into Hojbjerg, Aarons, and Eze (for example), I could at least see the logic in that b/c that could help us build a more balanced squad on our super small post-COVID budget. Coutinho would be the opposite of that.
That would be a good trade off

Coutinho has gone to Barcelona and not done so well, and Bayern do not want to keep. Not sure he does anything for us that Son doesn't.

In terms of Tanguy - Jose had an issue with Shaw in the past, he was tubby and didn't train well, Poch saw the same in Shaw from memory. I think the player needs to buckle up or otherwise we lose all that cash.

You could well be right but he should be given a chance to show that he can do it before we decide to get rid.

I fear we are past this point of salient logic. He is in Mourinho's crosshairs and it seems (from this perspective) he will not be given a chance. Infuriating as even 20 mins against West Ham would've resulted in a few more clear cut chances IMO.

Back