• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Spammers***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dele should not be a guaranteed starter, if his form deserves selection then cool if not then we have other players or shapes that can be tried.
I agree
I’ve said it before but we now have two goal scoring players who are rapid in son and Bergwein and for me they start every game their fit
Kane starts so it comes down to that no 10 role

Yes he snapped l, but why did the press ask? Because up to till that point he was mainly a starter so again as I said Poch did not treat the way Jose has. Poch was very happy to select him to start the majority of games with him only really losing that starting berth due to slow recovery from injury. There has been quite a bit of revisionist history that forgets that Ndombele actually started this season very well and was by far our leading light at the very start before injury.

Lo Celso was the player Poch weirdly didn't seem willing to select not Ndombele. Their positions have changed with the change of manager.

And re your question I would pretty much never pick Sissoko over a talented player, I think he's brick (although I though he was rather good today).

Prett clear the difference in handling by the two managers, not sure what Legohamster is playing at equating the two tbqh

Dier was imperious again. Is he getting Vidic-y now he's fit? Imagine if we had proper full-backs with him and Davo centre?

LoCelso was lovely to watch, great finish from Kane and was delighted to see him sliding in on that poor Aurier cross at the end, that's where we want him. Why couldn't Serge just dink it in? Fatigue? Overall he was decent today.

Agree with all of that although you may be going slightly over the top in comparing Dier to Vidic as good as he was today.

To nit-pick, Aurier tinkled about on the ball again at the end and left us badly exposed. He did it twice against United and got away with it from a great Hugo save and VAR. He has to stop that brick. Those sorts of mistakes aren’t acceptable.

Calm, composed, controlled.

Words that I haven't actually been able to use in the context of Tottenham Hotspur for upwards of 12 months - but they fit that performance.

Yes, there were still shaky moments - Aurier gave it away late on for another bomb scare, a couple of flaps from Hugo. We won't ever achieve 100% solidity with this team..but the signs are there that we can and are tightening up rapidly.

Highlights -

Sanchez looked imperious out there - he's clearly grown in confidence over the lockdown, and is now consistently winning battles, covering for Aurier, and spraying some surprisingly adept balls around the field.
Dier was assured - lots of communication from him, and apart from being outpaced by Antonio for that one Spam breakaway, he held his own. Very good game from him.
Lo Celso - the guy absolutely ran the midfield. He was everywhere - left midfield, right wing, defensive midfield, in the box. He's getting better every game, and he has the sort of Argentinian snarl in his challenges and pressing that Poch loved, and that Mourinho hopefully will love. The fact that he played DM for PSG also augurs really well for him making that deep spot his own.
Sissoko - almsot never got beaten, played surprisingly penetrative passes past West Ham's first line, and with Lo Celso, formed a pretty effective double lock in midfield.
Aurier - we're going to get a bomb scare a game. That is now inevitable. And his delivery is mostly sub-par. That is also inevitable. But, those factors aside, he ran his flank well, and his ability to make runs off the last man is first class - just a shame the finishing touch isn't there after that.

There were a few disappointments. Dele looked a lot less dangerous than Lamela did, and he's genuinely in danger of losing that spot if Erik can stay fit. However, on the flip side, Dele did play against a fresh, packed Spam midfield - Lamela had the freedom of playing against a ragged Spam backline that was rapidly losing steam.

And the same caveats go for most players. Kane looked a little bit rusty - but a lot better than he did against United, and his goal was a goddamn beauty of a counterattack. Sonny was quietly effective - no major moments, but plenty of danger (including the assist). Davies didn't have the greatest of deliveries, but handled Antonio well.

So there's not much criticism of this one. A clinical performance, a deserved win, and some of our counter-attacking is becoming very, very satisfying to watch. If I wasn't constantly worried about a defensive disaster, I might even enjoy the waiting more - it's pretty cathartic to watch us wait and then pull off a clinical sucker punch when we feel like it. :)

He is a ghoster, gets on end of things rather than makes it happen. Headers and finishing in box.

That’s why for years he worked well as the 2nd striker playing close to Kane in my opinion

...and with Eriksen clipping those early crosses in. Dele has been off the boil since Eriksen started fading away a year or so back.

I think the issue for Jose is he sees Tanguy playing the same role that Lo Celso does and he is the best player we have in that role
It’s a square peg problem now
I think we considered that to be a possible issue when we signed both of them. I remember pages and pages of discussions trying to work out what shape Poch intended to play to fit them both in there. I believe Poch was going to change the shape to make it work, but we have a new coach now with different ideas.

He did try Ndombele quite deep in his first few games I specifically remember Ndombele being the deepest cm/DM but obviously his workrate and commitment to the role wasnt up to Jose's standards and so here we are with a very talented player that the coach just can't use.

I think that is lazy. Right before being subbed, Dele has defended a corner and quickly fed Gio who has found Kane, etc. Again, if you don't like him no arguments, but suggesting he doesn't work is unfair.

well yeah I dont like him because in GENERAL over the last season his attitude and commitment have been lacking. Nothing tinkles me off more than a professional footballer who's earning vast sums and playing for a great club not consistently showing us paying fans the undoubted talent he has.

I think we considered that to be a possible issue when we signed both of them. I remember pages and pages of discussions trying to work out what shape Poch intended to play to fit them both in there. I believe Poch was going to change the shape to make it work, but we have a new coach now with different ideas.

He did try Ndombele quite deep in his first few games I specifically remember Ndombele being the deepest cm/DM but obviously his workrate and commitment to the role wasnt up to Jose's standards and so here we are with a very talented player that the coach just can't use.
To me you can play them ... you have to go with a 4-3-3 or play them in a swapping role for that 10 position
You can then play son, Kane and Bergwein in front
Issue is no role for Dele, winks, Lamela, moura and others he likes
We would also need a DM who can pass

Back