• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Spurs v Spammers***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There weren't many who had a poor game tonight, bar Dele. Everyone has offdays though

Still think we need a RB, CB and DM....and ideally another LB and back-up CF, but tonight was encouraging.

Very pleasing to see Jose setting us up better (i.e. not defending the edge of our own box)

Out of interest did you watch from the KO?

I think it is funny when players get coated and subs venerated in these situations. Spam packed 10 behind the ball and looked to stop any runs behind for 45 mins (Dele twice was on the verge of breaking that he just needed better passes). Game became stretched, he was replaced by Lamela who took advantage of the situation.

I think Dele is a player who some people simply don't like. Was he Cruyff tonight? No.
But he was involved and decent for his first game in months. Others were rustier IMO.
I think Dele misses the long ball through from Toby... he got a lot of joy from that accurate through pass and he isn’t getting that service now. I thought we were pretty good tonight to be honest although it was just West Ham!

That’s what worries me. If you can’t get a 60m pound player on the pitch with 5 subs in that situation then it probably indicates he’s on his way.
I think the issue for Jose is he sees Tanguy playing the same role that Lo Celso does and he is the best player we have in that role
It’s a square peg problem now

tumblr_msi8h8pHJ51sngki6o3_r2_250.gif

That’s what worries me. If you can’t get a 60m pound player on the pitch with 5 subs in that situation then it probably indicates he’s on his way.

Not really. He has to play centrally, meaning there were only 3 positions he could come on in.

Sissoko was playing well as DM so wasnt coming off. Lamela had come on in the no 10 role already....there weren't many options

I think Dele misses the long ball through from Toby... he got a lot of joy from that accurate through pass and he isn’t getting that service now. I thought we were pretty good tonight to be honest although it was just West Ham!
I think he misses game time
He will be fine with games I’m sure

Mopo snapped at the media when asked why he didn’t start Against Liverpool.

why should he be starting over players that show desire rather than just let players run by him/stop tracking

As a manager, would you pick a player like this, or Sissoko?
Yes he snapped l, but why did the press ask? Because up to till that point he was mainly a starter so again as I said Poch did not treat the way Jose has. Poch was very happy to select him to start the majority of games with him only really losing that starting berth due to slow recovery from injury. There has been quite a bit of revisionist history that forgets that Ndombele actually started this season very well and was by far our leading light at the very start before injury.

Lo Celso was the player Poch weirdly didn't seem willing to select not Ndombele. Their positions have changed with the change of manager.

And re your question I would pretty much never pick Sissoko over a talented player, I think he's brick (although I though he was rather good today).

I think that is lazy. Right before being subbed, Dele has defended a corner and quickly fed Gio who has found Kane, etc. Again, if you don't like him no arguments, but suggesting he doesn't work is unfair.
Dele is a runner, he always works hard for the team whether in form or not. He has been out of form for some time, although to be fair to him a lot of that time was being played out of position. If he continues to be played in no.10 role he will get back to his best soon enough....

Dier was imperious again. Is he getting Vidic-y now he's fit? Imagine if we had proper full-backs with him and Davo centre?

LoCelso was lovely to watch, great finish from Kane and was delighted to see him sliding in on that poor Aurier cross at the end, that's where we want him. Why couldn't Serge just dink it in? Fatigue? Overall he was decent today.

Back