• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Joe Hart

Wilheldiva

Kevin Scott
Is anyone else completely puzzled by the direction Joe Hart's career has taken over the past few years?

Admittedly, I dont watch out for Joe Hart's performances, but I remember being immensely impressed by him at Birmingham, and numerous times for Emirates Marketing Project too.

Guardiola dropping him was understandable if it were for stylistic reasons - but why did literally no elite team want him? I dont recall him having any drastic turn in form during that period.

And has he really been that bad at Burnley too?

He seems to be a likeable guy without many off-field issues either. I know hes a millionaire prem footballer, but this must be taking a huge mental toll on him too - i hope for his sake that he can find a way to enjoy the last part of his career.

Is anyone else completely puzzled by the direction Joe Hart's career has taken over the past few years?

Admittedly, I dont watch out for Joe Hart's performances, but I remember being immensely impressed by him at Birmingham, and numerous times for Emirates Marketing Project too.

Guardiola dropping him was understandable if it were for stylistic reasons - but why did literally no elite team want him? I dont recall him having any drastic turn in form during that period.

And has he really been that bad at Burnley too?

He seems to be a likeable guy without many off-field issues either. I know hes a millionaire prem footballer, but this must be taking a huge mental toll on him too - i hope for his sake that he can find a way to enjoy the last part of his career.

Yeah I'm amazed by it. Almost like Paul Robinson who was great for us for a few years and then his form fell off a cliff. Everyone traces that back to the "mistake" against Croatia - dunno if that's right or fair. But Hart's one is puzzling. Never was a massive fan of Hart but always thought he was decent and his career has just fallen apart.

I'll be interested to see what comes out after he's retired. Not that I think it'll be anything scandalous but I'd be interested to get his take once he can view it in perspective. Was Guardiola's rejection that much of a factor?

I heard a rumour that he was part of the group of players that included Andy Carroll and Jack Wheelchair who would holiday in Vegas together.

He showed a lot of promise early on, but it seems a lack of confidence and inability to improve his game during his time with Pep really finished him off, he was also prone to the odd calamity.

I have no idea about his life outside football but perhaps the money and fame took his focus away and it’s something he’s never recovered from.

I was only on google last night reading up about Harts fall from grace.

For a period he was Head and shoulders above every other keeper but when Guardiola dropped him, he went into his Man Cave

Tres drole. If not intentional then it's even better, that advert seemed to be the beginning of the end.

Guess the MLS beckons? I've nothing against the guy personally, who knows whether he just lost his passion or didn't work hard enough at flaws in his game. I imagine there was a lot of people thinking / hoping Pep was wrong to not rate him but his decision has been vindicated. Doesn't stop Bravo still being brick mind.

When did people simply stop rating him? Was it when Pep insinuated that he was wasnt good enough at playing out from the back with his feet OR before that when he seemed to have a spell where he let a few saveable low shirts squirm under him (A bit like Robinson).
I don't really remember, just one minute he was England and City No.1 then he was out of England and scrounging around for a loan to Torino!

Robbo’s form seemed to correlate with the own goal for England that wasn’t even his fault!

I think in the case of Hart he might have emerged as a young keeper with everything going his way, City’s new money and a dearth of competition for England allowed him to establish himself which allowed him to build up a decent amount of credit on both sides.
He always seemed a little over confident for me and I guess it’s harder to earn a place back than keep it as a keeper when your reputation and confidence are reduced. I was also really surprised Burnley went for him, they had a good keeper already so I can only assume he took a massive pay cut to not be taking a big chunk of a low wage budget and unsettle the squad.

Robbo’s form seemed to correlate with the own goal for England that wasn’t even his fault!

I think in the case of Hart he might have emerged as a young keeper with everything going his way, City’s new money and a dearth of competition for England allowed him to establish himself which allowed him to build up a decent amount of credit on both sides.
He always seemed a little over confident for me and I guess it’s harder to earn a place back than keep it as a keeper when your reputation and confidence are reduced. I was also really surprised Burnley went for him, they had a good keeper already so I can only assume he took a massive pay cut to not be taking a big chunk of a low wage budget and unsettle the squad.

Burnley paid him 45k/week on a 3 season contract. Low for a an England international albeit a gk.

The question is why did no other club come in for him when it was clear Guardiola didn’t want him.

Tres drole. If not intentional then it's even better, that advert seemed to be the beginning of the end.

Guess the MLS beckons? I've nothing against the guy personally, who knows whether he just lost his passion or didn't work hard enough at flaws in his game. I imagine there was a lot of people thinking / hoping Pep was wrong to not rate him but his decision has been vindicated. Doesn't stop Bravo still being brick mind.

I think we can agree that Bravo was hardly a better gk but he could use his feet better. Ultimately that’s what Guardiola wanted.

He was never that good, but he was English and the best of a pretty bad lot.
Over hyped by the press and almost heresy to say anything bad about him until pep came along, and you can't really argue with pep.

It’s a different discipline playing for a side that have to defend a lot where you are constantly busy and playing for a team where the ball only comes into your area twice a game, too much time to think not always a good thing.

The type of CB you play with at each is different too, meaning a different contrast to your strengths and weaknesses.

Players have 150 games coming up 250 games at the top if there lucky then 150 games at the end where they live on past glories.

Rooney finished earlier then he should have because he started so young. Same thing happened with Hart.

It is what i think happens with a lot of players. Man u keeper was player of the season a couple of years ago. Now he is a liability.

I personally think Kane is finished for similar reasons. Not many players can excel for more then 4 years.

Burnley paid him 45k/week on a 3 season contract. Low for a an England international albeit a gk.

The question is why did no other club come in for him when it was clear Guardiola didn’t want him.
As it wasn’t a position they were weak in I’d have thought 45k a week would have been better served on an outfield player.
I agree it was a surprise more weren’t in for him, most players get one or two decent moves based on past glories.

I would have expected someone like West Ham or Saudi Sportswashing Machine making a move on that basis, just didn’t see Burnley as a suitor. Maybe he approached them as he didn’t want to unsettle his family, have a good chance of staying in the Prem and a sniff of Europa, and let them dictate wage negotiations to make it happen.

I think De Gea isn't putting the work in because he doesn't want to be there anymore
Maybe it’s also a trait that when keepers are young they have full confidence and a youthful trait of not worrying about mistakes, then as Hart, De Gea maybe even Pickford have aged they have started over thinking their actions and it causes more issues. Plus a I guess not many keepers lose their places over their performance in training which take away some of the jeopardy of the real match situations.

Maybe it’s also a trait that when keepers are young they have full confidence and a youthful trait of not worrying about mistakes, then as Hart, De Gea maybe even Pickford have aged they have started over thinking their actions and it causes more issues. Plus a I guess not many keepers lose their places over their performance in training which take away some of the jeopardy of the real match situations.

maybe, I can think of plenty of keepers who got better as they got older though

Back