• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fund raising for Jeremy @Yermiyahu

Really saddened to hear this today. I lost my aunt last week to cancer so was feeling pretty down anyway and this sort of made it a bit worse. Silly given I didn't know Jeremy but, ah fudge, I've tears in my eyes writing this now.

@DTA, you should be proud of yourself man. So many virtue signalling f**kers in this world will write nice words about stuff or put a post on Facebook and think that makes a difference. You did so much more than that. You mobilised an online community, you've provided something tangible for Jeremy's family and I'm sure he knew that you cared as he was in his darkest hour. If that's failing him, I hope I fail a few people in the future. @scaramanga , I always suspected you were a decent sort and now I have proof. However, in the interests of maintaining your entertaining online persona, I'm going to forget that you ever displayed any decency.

And for everyone on this board - I always believed this was more than a message board. I'm a member of a load of them. But this one feels different, the people here have always struck me as genuine as well as us all having that one common cross to bear in the form of the serial underachievers we support. The generosity shown for Jeremy here is really touching.

I never met Jeremy, I never PM'd him but he always seemed a good sort to me. Hopefully, he's gone somewhere where he can exert a bit of influence to ensure that we never taste the disappointment of Spurs choking again.

Thoughts, prayers and much love are with his family.

Really saddened to hear this today. I lost my aunt last week to cancer so was feeling pretty down anyway and this sort of made it a bit worse. Silly given I didn't know Jeremy but, ah fudge, I've tears in my eyes writing this now.

@DTA, you should be proud of yourself man. So many virtue signalling f**kers in this world will write nice words about stuff or put a post on Facebook and think that makes a difference. You did so much more than that. You mobilised an online community, you've provided something tangible for Jeremy's family and I'm sure he knew that you cared as he was in his darkest hour. If that's failing him, I hope I fail a few people in the future. @scaramanga , I always suspected you were a decent sort and now I have proof. However, in the interests of maintaining your entertaining online persona, I'm going to forget that you ever displayed any decency.

And for everyone on this board - I always believed this was more than a message board. I'm a member of a load of them. But this one feels different, the people here have always struck me as genuine as well as us all having that one common cross to bear in the form of the serial underachievers we support. The generosity shown for Jeremy here is really touching.

I never met Jeremy, I never PM'd him but he always seemed a good sort to me. Hopefully, he's gone somewhere where he can exert a bit of influence to ensure that we never taste the disappointment of Spurs choking again.

Thoughts, prayers and much love are with his family.

Nice words, @DeanoAustin. And I'm very sorry for your loss.

I feel gutted that we couldn't give him the money when he was alive... i did offer to transfer some before the end of the appeal but he asked me to wait and send it all in one go... nevertheless I feel like I have let him down.

"GHod grant me the Serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can, and
The wisdom to know the difference."

Sorry, I'm not religious in any way shape or form, but you really should take comfort in these words mate.

As for Jeremy, whether you believe in an after-life or not, everybody lives on in the mark they made on the world. This thread is testament to the mark he's left on us and I hope his family can, in some small way, take comfort from that. RIP my custardy friend.

Can I make a suggestion to admin? Jeremy was obviously a well liked and respected poster here, so, If its not a crass suggestion, how about renaming (or creating a new one) one of the awards in the gg end of year awards in his honor? seems a nice way to keep his memory alive on here.

Hi guys the funds reached my account today. £2,731.39 (including the fees that 'just giving' took), as stated I will top this up to 3k

I will contact Jeremy's wife now to transfer it over to her. Once she has the funds I will ask her to confirm that, with another member of this board that knew Jeremy.

Thank you once again to everybody who contributed.

Hi guys the funds reached my account today. £2,731.39 (including the fees that 'just giving' took), as stated I will top this up to 3k

I will contact Jeremy's wife now to transfer it over to her. Once she has the funds I will ask her to confirm that, with another member of this board that knew Jeremy.

Excellent work. Did you ever find out why Justgiving dropped the total like that?

Also, I'll remove the side bar now - if anyone has a few words or an image they'd like up for a while I can do that.

Excellent work. Did you ever find out why Justgiving dropped the total like that?

Also, I'll remove the side bar now - if anyone has a few words or an image they'd like up for a while I can do that.

They said it was just the total is the amount of funds that cleared from donations minus their fees.

Before contacting Jeremy's wife could I ask a question for the Jewish members of this board please.

Would it be better for me to wait till after the traditional 7 day mourning period before contacting her about this? Or is it ok for me to contact her now?

Well played mate.

Reactions: DTA
Before contacting Jeremy's wife could I ask a question for the Jewish members of this board please.

Would it be better for me to wait till after the traditional 7 day mourning period before contacting her about this? Or is it ok for me to contact her now?

Anyone?

I'm not qualified to comment (not Jewish), but his faith was obviously important to him and his family, so I'd personally observe the 7 days.

That said, hasn't that now passed or does it not start immediately?

Thanks again for sorting this all out @DTA.

Reactions: DTA
I'm not qualified to comment (not Jewish), but his faith was obviously important to him and his family, so I'd personally observe the 7 days.

That said, hasn't that now passed or does it not start immediately?

Thanks again for sorting this all out @DTA.

That was my thinking as well, I think the intense mourning period is 7 days from the funeral. Which I think was a couple of days after he died.

Back