• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

Back when @parklane1 was a sprightly young 40 years old.....

Respect for your elders young man. :D

OIP.ffLiS26TRIUO7iqS97RrRgHaGP

It's win-win for him, no matter how this plays out.

This is the issue I am getting at in previous posts, this plays into his hands. The issue is regardless how right the protesters are and wrong Trump is its the silent previous non voters etc who look at the looting etc and feel mobilised to vote.

I know you may of not be referring to this but I thought the point was a relevant point to use.

Again, we'll leave the accuracy aside as it becomes irrelevant if there is no discernible downside to what you think will happen.

So you think it's a bad fit - why? What is it you're so concerned about a close relationship with the US that bothers you so much?

:D
For a lot of reasons. If you don't immediately know, I'd suggest your homework assignment would be to see how the US is currently run/operating. if your research leaves you unfussed about things such as decimation of public health, further decimation of public education, decline in food safety standards and a leadership which openly lies to people and moves on placing fingers in ears when called on it/gaslights the world, then we have very different views on what is (or isn't) "bothersome"...

“My whole family was flabbergasted,” said Benjamin Horbowy, 37.

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘GHod give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’”

“My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues. I haven’t heard her speak in tongues in years,” he said. “I thought, look at my president! He’s establishing the Lord’s kingdom in the world.”

Did he feel that conflicted with the Gospel of John, where Jesus said “my kingdom is not of this world”?

“Well,” Horbowy said, “that’s a philosophical question.”

After watching Trump’s gesture, Horbowy changed his Facebook profile photo to one of Trump outside St John’s, with added rays of light emanating from the Bible. “It was the coolest thing he could do. What more could he do, wear blue jeans and ride in on a horse?” he said.

The catalyst for the protests was the killing of 46-year-old George Floyd by Minneapolis police. Asked about that, Horbowy said, “There’s a Bible verse that says we shouldn’t talk about evil things. We can just say, ‘There’s evil’ and move on.”

He couldn’t remember the exact verse, he said.

The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘GHod give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’”

“My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues. I haven’t heard her speak in tongues in years,” he said. “I thought, look at my president! He’s establishing the Lord’s kingdom in the world.”

Did he feel that conflicted with the Gospel of John, where Jesus said “my kingdom is not of this world”?

After watching Trump’s gesture, Horbowy changed his Facebook profile photo to one of Trump outside St John’s, with added rays of light emanating from the Bible. “It was the coolest thing he could do. What more could he do, wear blue jeans and ride in on a horse?” he said.

The catalyst for the protests was the killing of 46-year-old George Floyd by Minneapolis police. Asked about that, Horbowy said, “There’s a Bible verse that says we shouldn’t talk about evil things. We can just say, ‘There’s evil’ and move on.”

:D Americans

Or for a more sinister analysis , this thread is a wild ride...

Last edited:
Back