• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fund raising for Jeremy @Yermiyahu

Hi guys the fund raising is has ended now. It is showing £2830 which I don't understand. As it was showing above 3k before. So not sure what happened???

Regardless I will top it up to 3k and as promised pay the 'just giving fees' to ensure that every penny that you guys have given will reach Jeremy and his family.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed in these difficult times. This board really is a great place, filled with great people. Well done everyone.
Thank you too DTA, for putting this together and administering it, giving us the opportunity to contribute something to help.

I haven't been on for a while and just saw this. When I went to the link I couldn't find a way to donate. How do you donate?

Might be that some donations are going through a security check with people's banks.

My second one triggered an alert on mine.
That is a reasonable explanation. Unfortunately sites like justgiving are exploited by criminals for credit card fraud and laundering money, so such sites are closely monitored, and might trigger a few false positives.

Might be that some donations are going through a security check with people's banks.

My second one triggered an alert on mine.

Same here, but in my case the transaction was automatically reviewed by my bank because I was paying from Canada into a UK charity - cleared up in a day. Maybe cross-border transactions are also a factor.

Hi guys the fund raising is has ended now. It is showing £2830 which I don't understand. As it was showing above 3k before. So not sure what happened???

Regardless I will top it up to 3k and as promised pay the 'just giving fees' to ensure that every penny that you guys have given will reach Jeremy and his family.

Thank you to everyone that has contributed in these difficult times. This board really is a great place, filled with great people. Well done everyone.
Did you get to the bottom of it yet?

Did you get to the bottom of it yet?

Unfortunately not. Just giving are saying the total is the same.

Gutted to say that Jeremy's wife contacted me today and let me know that Jeremy died.

Don't know what to say... I'm gutted. But he had his family surrounding him when it happened which must of been a comfort.

When 'just giving' pass on the funds I will transfer it to his wife for her and the kids. I hope everyone is OK with that?

I feel gutted that we couldn't give him the money when he was alive... i did offer to transfer some before the end of the appeal but he asked me to wait and send it all in one go... nevertheless I feel like I have let him down.

I know it is not for everyone. But Jeremy would have appreciated it if you pray for him no matter what faith.

And for those of you that don't belive your thoughts he would appreciate as well.

Don't really know what else to say.
You have been awesome! Do not, under any circumstances, think that you have let anyone down! You have gone through a lot, supported @Yermiyahu and his family, set up the charity fund, and done exactly what Yermiyahu wished for.
You have done more than enough! Don't bring yourself further down mate. We all very much appreciate the effort you have put in, and I know Yermiyahu did too.
Again, a massive thank you for setting up the charity and letting us contribute at least a little bit in helping out. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!

Gutted to say that Jeremy's wife contacted me today and let me know that Jeremy died.

Don't know what to say... I'm gutted. But he had his family surrounding him when it happened which must of been a comfort.

When 'just giving' pass on the funds I will transfer it to his wife for her and the kids. I hope everyone is OK with that?

I feel gutted that we couldn't give him the money when he was alive... i did offer to transfer some before the end of the appeal but he asked me to wait and send it all in one go... nevertheless I feel like I have let him down.
You have let no one down, least of all Jeremy and his family. On the contrary, I imagine your friendship and bond with Jeremy is something that gave him great solace towards the end and is a testament to your own good character. Well done mate.

The complete opposite DTA, you’ve done a great thing facilitating the fund raising and the timing of the transfer doesn’t matter. I’m sure knowing the fund was in existence would have given Jeremy a lot of comfort regardless of when the transfer was made.

Last edited:

Mate, you did a wonderful thing for a friend. You went above and beyond to set this up, and you're the type of friend absolutely anyone would be lucky and proud to have.

Don't blame yourself for little things like this - you're a hero.

I'll pray for Yermiyahu and his family - and I sincerely hope you find peace too, mate.

Please take care of yourself right now.

Please do not feel that mate because i am sure Jeremy would not want that and from what you have done for him you have been a star. Never met Jeremy but we have talked on a few occasions on private message and enjoyed our chats. So sad.

You have lifted him up.
You have exemplified friendship
You have shown him care and love which will have let Jeremy know his worth.

You have done good.

Back