• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer thread

very interesting but a little underwhelming!
Hope springs eternal - the true Spurs moto!

I think you need to view it in the context of the likely window. Cash will be short everywhere, so we need to think about where we can free up capital to invest in priority areas. Agree that this is underwhelming but, per my above comment, if we get him for free and flog Lamela, even for £15m given the market conditions, then thats a big gain in the context of the market for someone of no worse quality. That £15m might mean that we can then sign a FB or DM

I think you need to view it in the context of the likely window. Cash will be short everywhere, so we need to think about where we can free up capital to invest in priority areas. Agree that this is underwhelming but, per my above comment, if we get him for free and flog Lamela, even for £15m given the market conditions, then thats a big gain in the context of the market for someone of no worse quality. That £15m might mean that we can then sign a FB or DM

I think your mental if you think anyone will pay 15m for Lamela. Just name me one club that would pay that and wages for a player who should have retired years ago.

Given we need to wheel and deal better than a vintage Arry transfer window, then this deal and flogging Lamela would be a great start

edit: I cant say that he's someone who I've ever thought was that amazing and worth paying a fee for, however as a squad player he'd be worth it - hard working, PL-ready, can play on both flanks,...

Dont mind him.

But why would he sign a pre contract when the window opens in a few weeks.

Dont mind him.

But why would he sign a pre contract when the window opens in a few weeks.

It seems the rule is that you can only enter into talks with clubs in the same country in the last month of your contract. They normally run to the end of June, so next week is when he can officially announce his intention to sign for us, but not sure how that works with contracts being extended to complete the season.

For a free, he's a good squad option. So long as we get the player that Bournemouth had a couple of years back we will see the benefits.

DM and CB for me are where we have to focus our money the most.

Never been that impressed with Fraser....not saying he's rubbish because he at least works hard and looks committed to the cause. Rather Willian fill a gap (if there is even a gap) for 2/3 seasons than this fella.

Steed was a good comparison.

Never been that impressed with Fraser....not saying he's rubbish because he at least works hard and looks committed to the cause. Rather Willian fill a gap (if there is even a gap) for 2/3 seasons than this fella.

Steed was a good comparison.
Fraser creates with crosses and balls in the box. He stays wide
Willian creates more by coming central
I’m guessing we want a player who can play wide as most of our attackers do their damage coming in from wide

Fraser creates with crosses and balls in the box. He stays wide
Willian creates more by coming central
I’m guessing we want a player who can play wide as most of our attackers do their damage coming in from wide
So what system you saying we are heading towards......or is it a case of having the two options?

Him and Bergwin as wide hard working talented players BUT in that formation it makes you wonder where lucas, dele, sonny fit in (if you're saying 433)

I think it gives you 4 options for the wide roles, whether in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1: Son, Bergwijn, Moura and Fraser. Provides some depth.

If you go 4-2-3-1 then Dele (or Ndombele perhaps) play as the no 10. If you go 4-3-3, then you play some combination of [New DM], GLC, TN, Gedson, Winks, Sissoko etc in midfield (or Coutinho if you believe the rumours!)

In terms of the Fraser vs Willian, Levy would prefer Fraser given we could still get a fee for him in 3-4 years

I think it gives you 4 options for the wide roles, whether in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1: Son, Bergwijn, Moura and Fraser. Provides some depth.

If you go 4-2-3-1 then Dele (or Ndombele perhaps) play as the no 10. If you go 4-3-3, then you play some combination of [New DM], GLC, TN, Gedson, Winks, Sissoko etc in midfield (or Coutinho if you believe the rumours!)

In terms of the Fraser vs Willian, Levy would prefer Fraser given we could still get a fee for him in 3-4 years
I don’t believe the Coutinho rumours
They make no sense to me
He is a decent player of course but doesn’t add anything that we don’t have other already than wages vs what we need to fix which is FBs

I get slagging them off i really do. But they wont, this is the same as Bentley when people thought we would get a fee for him and actually we paid out millions in wages over th years then he went for free.

Lamela was 30m and say he is on 3m a year he has cost us 24m in wages. I would like to know what idiot gave him a new contract.

Back