• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Yet he won't put his own unions on a leash......

Of course he would have sacked him, he has to say that as leader of the opposition.

My partner and me have some great conversations (well I think they are) about these things and we trash out many point of views on subjects because we find it interesting.

She came up with the view today that she felt sacking him would have shown poor leadership as it would have shown an ability to think on your own feet and potentially harm the country by sacking someone who may be excellent at their job because it was the view of those that are most vocal. Which I think she has a point with. In situations like this it is usually those that scream for sacking that scream loudest, those that believe the status quo would be achieve by not sacking him don't have a reason to shout so often stay quiet, it does not always mean that its the majorities opinion.

Its done now he kept his job, I expect the FBPE merchants who would sell their kids to win an argument to carry on the fight for him to be sacked, but there you go. Onwards and up

Good for you, luckily there are people who don’t run away from difficult decisions or situations.
Or stand up for what they believe.

I wouldn't quit because it was difficult, I'd quit because it's wrong. There's a Godwin somewhere about "just following orders" but I suspect you've heard that plenty in your line of work.

Not to his elderly parents.
Who left shopping at his door and, at worst, may have had to look after a child that had nobody else to look after them.

I don’t know the full details but he appeared to carry out a non essential journey from one end of the country to the other. I don’t care if he quits or not, but it was a terrible error of judgement, one of many by the those in charge of the pandemic.
It's what I would have done in his position, as would many others, I suspect.

Of course he would have sacked him, he has to say that as leader of the opposition.

My partner and me have some great conversations (well I think they are) about these things and we trash out many point of views on subjects because we find it interesting.

She came up with the view today that she felt sacking him would have shown poor leadership as it would have shown an ability to think on your own feet and potentially harm the country by sacking someone who may be excellent at their job because it was the view of those that are most vocal. Which I think she has a point with. In situations like this it is usually those that scream for sacking that scream loudest, those that believe the status quo would be achieve by not sacking him don't have a reason to shout so often stay quiet, it does not always mean that its the majorities opinion.

Its done now he kept his job, I expect the FBPE merchants who would sell their kids to win an argument to carry on the fight for him to be sacked, but there you go. Onwards and up

Lets hope so but like you i expect those foaming at the mouth with moral indignation will carry on with their outrage.

In one way it might be better ( but wrong) if he was sacked then we/Boris can get back to something important; ie trying to deal with this awful virus.

They will not read that they prefer to foam at the mouth with moral indignation.

One thing that article hit on that is certainly true is that it has Brexit at its heart. So many of the people going after him in the media and even on here have mentioned brexit when actually this current situation has nothing to do with brexit.

The fact those racist remoaners want him gone means that though i think he is in the wrong and i did not vote for his boss i hope he stays just to fcuk them off more.

Childcare angle is irrelevant. He had a brother in London who could have taken care of it in an emergency. No need to travel halfway across the country to Durham.

Maybe he is a kiddy fiddler

Maybe he was ill as well

Maybe like me he cant stand or trust his brother(mine has been dead 20 years and i still have not got a good word to say about him)

Maybe he is a kiddy fiddler

Maybe he was ill as well

Maybe like me he cant stand or trust his brother(mine has been dead 20 years and i still have not got a good word to say about him)

Maybe, it certainly is odd that more has not been made of this, so perhaps there are good reasons.

What about his wife's family though?

Lets hope so but like you i expect those foaming at the mouth with moral indignation will carry on with their outrage.

In one way it might be better ( but wrong) if he was sacked then we/Boris can get back to something important; ie trying to deal with this awful virus.
Again I don’t disagree. But you will only deal with this awful virus once the government actually take it seriously. We need to contain this virus so we can lift the lockdown. I’m just not seeing any evidence that government know how to do that. There have been so many delays and false starts. The Cummings issue just compounds it.

Back