• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

If we're talking full on PPE, as long as you can put it on and take if off properly, it is 400% full-proof. Its one of the ways the Chinese finally got it under control in Hubei, their staff would work 4-6 hour shifts in the full gear (basically the hazmat suit stuff) with adult nappies included as you weren't supposed to get out of it when you got in.

I think Singapore have essentially avoided HCW Covid-19 as well, as have some hospitals in Italy by having the full and appropriate PPE.

Failing that, something is better than nothing but some workers are feeling pretty demoralised by the lack of it in some trusts right now. It isn't helped that the general morale of the staff has been gradually eroded over the past 5-10 years, which is very sad.

I agree that there would potentially be some casualties from frontline staff, though of course, unlike soldiers, healthcare workers don't sign up to potentially die at work. They are definitely avoidable though. Having said that, despite my criticisms, I acknowledge that the UK is currently in an unprecedented global bidding war for PPE so not everything is their fault in this instance.

Sadly, I think many HCWs have lost their trust of the government over the past 10 years and goodwill towards them and the NHS as a whole has dwindled, which doesn't help matters. I hope this changes soon as I genuinely think, for all its faults, the NHS and the idea behind it is one of the greatest things about this country.

Others have said similar already. But I just wanted to say a genuine thank you, to you and your colleagues.
You are appreciated, even if sometimes it may feel you are not. So thank you.

Also specifically, your comments on this thread are especially insightful into what is going on, on the front line, and I am sure they are appreciated all round.

Lastly... I'm loving your schooling of @scaramanga ;)

Ohh of course but everywhere I look here as an example people are vigilant about those breaking the rules, we are a long way off protesting to say we want to be free of lockdown, even in low numbers.

And although I understand it’s probably selective reporting but I keep hearing the term “constitutional right” which also comes out about guns.

Honestly mate, I think to fully comment on the US it Is really important to factor in the size of the place versus the numbers involved on any issue. Proportionately, the "protests" are the same as if 25 Tommy Robinson-fuelled knob heads came out to protest in Welwyn Garden City, Digbeth, Blyth and Cricklewood. It is small sample of people who are being trumped by the media/recycled and relaunched by Trump's people.
US population as of 2019 was approximately 320 million.
UK population as of 2019 was approximately 66 million.
As well as the difference in numbers of people (the US being roughly 4.5 times more populated) add in the extra space where pockets can trundle off and park themselves in away from anything close to a blended society, and you're left with greater numbers of dingdongheads who live in bubbles in the arse-ends of wherever banding together behind the "DUH" factor of stupid.

I think it is a fudging miracle that the entire West Coast, with California leading, shut down so quickly. I also think it is a fudging miracle that MOST in the country are abiding by the common sense rule factors.

Trust me, we didn't look too amazing when we continued to crowd into pubs long after thousands were dying across continental Europe.

I am not trying to protect the US per se, I just think it's worth taking into account that everyone has their "geniuses" and no country should be judged by them however juicy a story they make.

Honestly mate, I think to fully comment on the US it Is really important to factor in the size of the place versus the numbers involved on any issue. Proportionately, the "protests" are the same as if 25 Tommy Robinson-fuelled knob heads came out to protest in Welwyn Garden City, Digbeth, Blyth and Cricklewood. It is small sample of people who are being trumped by the media/recycled and relaunched by Trump's people.
US population as of 2019 was approximately 320 million.
UK population as of 2019 was approximately 66 million.
As well as the difference in numbers of people (the US being roughly 4.5 times more populated) add in the extra space where pockets can trundle off and park themselves in away from anything close to a blended society, and you're left with greater numbers of dingdongheads who live in bubbles in the arse-ends of wherever banding together behind the "DUH" factor of stupid.

I think it is a fudging miracle that the entire West Coast, with California leading, shut down so quickly. I also think it is a fudging miracle that MOST in the country are abiding by the common sense rule factors.

Trust me, we didn't look too amazing when we continued to crowd into pubs long after thousands were dying across continental Europe.

I am not trying to protect the US per se, I just think it's worth taking into account that everyone has their "geniuses" and no country should be judged by them however juicy a story they make.

Yeh I get that and it’s not an attack it’s just a view on specific characteristics, like yes we went to pub because we were allowed to and that’s very British but it is very American to say after being told to stay home that it’s against constitutional rights.

It’s no way me saying we are great the US are poor, just find it typically American the way they are acting

Good same way we shouldn't be paying to prop up Virgin whilst Branson sips roostertails on his private island. Apparently the cruise companies are in big trouble as most of their ships are registered in tax havens so never pay any tax and therefore won't get US support.

By paying to prop up so you mean a loan Which he is offering his island as collateral?

Yeh I get that and it’s not an attack it’s just a view on specific characteristics, like yes we went to pub because we were allowed to and that’s very British but it is very American to say after being told to stay home that it’s against constitutional rights.

It’s no way me saying we are great the US are poor, just find it typically American the way they are acting

Again mate -and without wishing to be an argumentative dingdonghead- that is what I am getting at. Your frame of "typically American" is based on small sample snapshots and comedy stereotypes. It'd be like thinking every British person wears a knotted hankie on their head, gets violently drunk and vomits on locals whenever abroad...the stereotypes get worse as you go down national lines. Good for media and division, bad for any sensible analysis.

The behaviour you're commenting on is stupid, self-centered, macaronic people. They are also
American.

Again mate -and without wishing to be an argumentative dingdonghead- that is what I am getting at. Your frame of "typically American" is based on small sample snapshots and comedy stereotypes. It'd be like thinking every British person wears a knotted hankie on their head, gets violently drunk and vomits on locals whenever abroad...the stereotypes get worse as you go down national lines. Good for media and division, bad for any sensible analysis.

The behaviour you're commenting on is stupid, self-centered, macaronic people. They are also
American.

Also the people kicking off are in the majority low paid with no income coming in as they have been sent home.

American.

No you don’t sound argumentative and I’m sorry if I sounded like a ding dong

So by the looks of it the lockdowns working well and we could be ahead Italy in the flattening of the curve not bad considering.

Back