• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ossie Ardiles

Edit - I forgot to say... it is very interesting about Burkinshaw not telling him we were a Div2 team being promoted... how Ricky was not keen / a bit dumb... how the political turmoil at home made him want to leave Argentina... his links to the chief of police... his friends getting tortured and killed by the government... puts Dele Alli's fashion range into perspective
Completely agree, perspective is a wonderful thing.
Although Dele himself didn't have an easy journey so far either

Edit - I forgot to say... it is very interesting about Burkinshaw not telling him we were a Div2 team being promoted... how Ricky was not keen / a bit dumb... how the political turmoil at home made him want to leave Argentina... his links to the chief of police... his friends getting tortured and killed by the government... puts Dele Alli's fashion range into perspective

After the first training session with their new Spurs team mates ...

Ossie: "here, Ricky what do you think"?

Ricky: "they're a bit fudging brick"

Ossie: "fudging brick, yes"

:D

After the first training session with their new Spurs team mates ...

Ossie: "here, Ricky what do you think"?

Ricky: "they're a bit fudging brick"

Ossie: "fudging brick, yes"

:D

Losing against Liverpool 7-0 in their 4th game must have given them 2nd thoughts.

Always amazes me when I see few select him in all time great teams, he was a truly great player, always on the move and available to pass to, rarely stopped the ball and tried to go forward with quick passing, yet hundreds pick Ginola who was just a show pony who wasted his talent
Think that’s pretty clearly an age thing. Likewise with Blanchflower, Mackay and Greaves.

Cheap shot on Ginola there, I’ve no idea how anyone who actually went to games during that period couldn’t appreciate what Ginola did for us.

Think that’s pretty clearly an age thing. Likewise with Blanchflower, Mackay and Greaves.

Cheap shot on Ginola there, I’ve no idea how anyone who actually went to games during that period couldn’t appreciate what Ginola did for us.

I saw what he did for Ginola, I saw the number of times Ferdinand and Iversen made runs in the box while Davide chose the showboat out wide and trotted back went it all went wrong. Ginola was the epitome of "S p u r s y" and the policy of sign a "star forward" and keep the mugs happy, still popular with many today. I'd rather have Peter Taylor any day of the week and neither were good enough to tie Chris Waddle's boots.

I saw what he did for Ginola, I saw the number of times Ferdinand and Iversen made runs in the box while Davide chose the showboat out wide and trotted back went it all went wrong. Ginola was the epitome of "S p u r s y" and the policy of sign a "star forward" and keep the mugs happy, still popular with many today. I'd rather have Peter Taylor any day of the week and neither were good enough to tie Chris Waddle's boots.
This seems to be the famous Spurs fan trait of if you like 1 player you absolutely must hate another, like the Defoe vs Keane, Walker vs Trippier, Davies vs Rose, Dier vs Wanyama days. I’ll leave you to it, needless to say I couldn’t disagree more, but you and no doubt a few others know far better than the gullible mug masses, Ginola didn’t pull the wool over your eyes did he, well done you!

Loved Waddle By the way.

This seems to be the famous Spurs fan trait of if you like 1 player you absolutely must hate another, like the Defoe vs Keane, Walker vs Trippier, Davies vs Rose, Dier vs Wanyama days. I’ll leave you to it, needless to say I couldn’t disagree more, but you and no doubt a few others know far better than the gullible mug masses, Ginola didn’t pull the wool over your eyes did he, well done you!

Loved Waddle By the way.

I don't hate anyone, particularly our players, I'm frequently labelled a happy clappy fan as I try to see the best in our players, but after seeing some really great players in our shirts I don't buy into put some good players on a pedal stool simply because they had media appeal. The Ginola thing does annoy me as players like John Duncan was a far better player in terms of end product and team play but never gets a mention.

Loved Waddle By the way.

I don't hate anyone, particularly our players, I'm frequently labelled a happy clappy fan as I try to see the best in our players, but after seeing some really great players in our shirts I don't buy into put some good players on a pedal stool simply because they had media appeal. The Ginola thing does annoy me as players like John Duncan was a far better player in terms of end product and team play but never gets a mention.

Ginola was a little ray of light in what was a team full of crap ( mostly), but he was never in the same class as some of our top players over the years and i could never understand those who thought he was.

A bit of a long shot, but does anyone know if the Ossie & Ricky documentary from a few years ago (White Blue & White) is available to watch online anywhere, or to download?

Ginola was a little ray of light in what was a team full of crap ( mostly), but he was never in the same class as some of our top players over the years and i could never understand those who thought he was.

I cannot agree with a lot of the comments on here regarding Ginola. There is a reason he won the player of the year that year whilst we was total Dross. That never happens. He single handedly dragged out results for us and was the only shining light in what was a terrible team. When a player can lift a whole team and gain results on the back of his own talent that says something. Did he do it for us as long as Ossie and duncan? no. Of course not. But lets not just drag him down to the level of show pony. That was players like Dominguez. Ginola was amazing for us and got treated badly by Graham.

He did more for us than Klinnssmann every did and yet he is called a Legend> Which he was not. Left us as soon as he could and only came back as he was getting no game time. Strange the views of some people at times.

I cannot agree with a lot of the comments on here regarding Ginola. There is a reason he won the player of the year that year whilst we was total Dross. That never happens. He single handedly dragged out results for us and was the only shining light in what was a terrible team. When a player can lift a whole team and gain results on the back of his own talent that says something. Did he do it for us as long as Ossie and duncan? no. Of course not. But lets not just drag him down to the level of show pony. That was players like Dominguez. Ginola was amazing for us and got treated badly by Graham.

He did more for us than Klinnssmann every did and yet he is called a Legend> Which he was not. Left us as soon as he could and only came back as he was getting no game time. Strange the views of some people at times.

W ell its all about o pinions and i disagree, the fact is the best team he played for was us and when you think that we were a poor team around the time says a lot about how good he was. A player who was as good as some fans insist you would think he would have ended up with a real top team, the fact that he did not says a lot. imo

Back