• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The press have no one else to sell currently
Has been some talk about Aubemeyang leaving which IMO is very likely due to his age as contract but he isn’t a big star by comparison

I still find it odd that they all talk united up as the team who win things when their no closer than we are in reality ... their last a manager to win anything is here and 5/6 good games doesn’t change a team
Solskjær has only been there a season and a quarter mate.... They’re still in 2 competitions this season aren’t they?

Solskjær has only been there a season and a quarter mate.... They’re still in 2 competitions this season aren’t they?

But they haven’t won anything have they?
There are no guarantees in football least of all
In the English league and competitions

they have been awful for most of the season so what’s changed? Good from before an unforeseen break that’s all

they have been awful for most of the season so what’s changed? Good from before an unforeseen break that’s all
If I was a player and wanted to win trophies then Man Utd would be one of the four English clubs I would be looking at joining.

If I was a player and wanted to win trophies then Man Utd would be one of the four English clubs I would be looking at joining.
Their a chaotic mess of a club and have been since Fergie left
Their fans have been saying that consistently
What has changed?
Nothing ... apart from timing of a good run of form before a break
It’s always the same
Lose before international break and you get dug out by the press as they have nothing else to say
We’re that team currently and united are suddenly world beaters

Their a chaotic mess of a club and have been since Fergie left
Their fans have been saying that consistently
What has changed?
Nothing ... apart from timing of a good run of form before a break
It’s always the same
Lose before international break and you get dug out by the press as they have nothing else to say
We’re that team currently and united are suddenly world beaters
They have the buying power to buy their way out of problems. If Solskjær doesn’t work out they are one of about 5 clubs Worldwide who could go and get Diego Simeone for instance.

They have the buying power to buy their way out of problems. If Solskjær doesn’t work out they are one of about 5 clubs Worldwide who could go and get Diego Simeone for instance.
True
They have done that before and brought in big name managers
One actually won them a few trophies
Problem there is no structure or strategy at the top (we may well be the same now, time will tell)
Their focus has been money, money and money. They even paid more for a player in January than they needed to last summer for example. Their now quote reckless
Doesn’t mean they won’t come good but doesn’t mean they will either

and as I say their fans wanted a new manager in charge come January
Now they think Kane isn’t good enough for them
The shortermism of money football

I mean, they've won 3 trophies since Fergie retired or in the past 5 years, when they've been a shambles (not counting ones like community shield). Which is as many as we've won in the past 30 years.

Not exactly a leap of faith to think that the odds of him winning trophies there is higher than it is here, especially with their turnover.

I mean, they've won 3 trophies since Fergie retired or in the past 5 years, when they've been a shambles (not counting ones like community shield). Which is as many as we've won in the past 30 years.

Not exactly a leap of faith to think that the odds of him winning trophies there is higher than it is here, especially with their turnover.
Who won those trophies?
The same managed that plenty on here think has lost it and is clueless
It’s why I keep on banging that drum

True
They have done that before and bought in big name managers
One actually won them a few trophies
Problem there is no structure or strategy at the top (we may well be the same now, time will tell)
Their focus has been money, money and money. They even paid more for a player in January than they needed to last summer for example. Their now quote reckless
Doesn’t mean they won’t come good but doesn’t mean they will either

and as I say their fans wanted a new manager in charge come January
Now they think Kane isn’t good enough for them
The shortermism of money football
Yes they paid more for Fernandes in Jan than they could’ve got him for in August, but they still got their first choice player, just as they did with Wan Bissaka and Maguire. If Solskjær is successful then happy days for them. If he isn’t, well then they will replace him and likely with a top manager who will have money to spend.

Who is more likely to win a trophy.... A Mourinho level manager given a fortune to spend, or a Mourinho level manager given a little bit to spend?

Yes they paid more for Fernandes in Jan than they could’ve got him for in August, but they still got their first choice player, just as they did with Wan Bissaka and Maguire. If Solskjær is successful then happy days for them. If he isn’t, well then they will replace him and likely with a top manager who will have money to spend.

Who is more likely to win a trophy.... A Mourinho level manager given a fortune to spend, or a Mourinho level manager given a little bit to spend?
Well they don’t have a Mourinho level manager do they? And over spending to get your choice target is actually what we did to get Tanguy and Lo Celso
I’d argue a Mourinho level manager inheriting some quality players and adding to them will do better than a manager whose never won anything as a manager

I’d recommend this evening’s Monday Night Club on 5Live. Really good discussion on the likely (massive) financial impact on football of COVID - touched on the Kane transfer rumours as part of it.

Essentially saying that big money transfers are gone for a couple of years at the very least - and possibly for a very very long time.

I’d recommend this evening’s Monday Night Club on 5Live. Really good discussion on the likely (massive) financial impact on football of COVID - touched on the Kane transfer rumours as part of it.

Essentially saying that big money transfers are gone for a couple of years at the very least - and possibly for a very very long time.
But that’s speculation
I can’t see how what’s happened affects clubs like PSG and City for example the way their bankrolled
Barca are screwed and so are Madrid but that’s not new news as their finances have been poor for a very long time

Back