• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

That "5th biggest revenue to the same ball park now" line completely ignores the interveening years where a vast casm grew financially because of Sky/Top 4/CL money. Closing that gap is no mean feat, let alone over turning it, whislt building a benchmark stadium.
Look at the other traditional big clubs of England (Leeds, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Everton, Villa) who were all at one point in a position to threaten that established order and you'll see why our owners are well supported. Not only did they not put us to the wall or relegate us they actually succeeded in smashing through that glass ceiling - the big 4 is now a big 6 and it's a big 6 because 2 clubs have muscled their way in, one is ourselves and one is oil state funded Emirates Marketing Project....

Again, I have no issue with our owner being well supported. I also support them a lot and, in any discussions outside of this board, am often the most vociferous supporter of Levy.

The original point is the absolute unconditional support.

As I've said before, a huge amount of that on field progress has come under one manager. So I'll hold off full judgement on us 'joining the elite' until we're consistently there under multiple managers. I hope beyond hope that this happens.

I'm also not quite as interested as others in having a 'benchmark' stadium and, while I was excited about it, found the obsessing over biggest TV screens and number of LED lights and all of this kind of stuff during the build incredibly strange. As if I care how big the TV screens are or what types of bulbs they're using.

*Can I say before I get lynched that I completely agree with the Everton/ Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc points and it is a point I've made many times before too.

Last edited:
Can't get onto the OS, below taken from the Standard :

A statement read: "In our last update we said we would keep our position under review, especially in the context of revised budgets and cost-cutting. Having done so we have decided that all non-playing staff, whether full-time, casual or furloughed, will receive 100 per cent of their pay for April and May. Only the Board will take salary reductions."

It adds: "We are acutely aware that many supporters were against the decision we made regarding furloughing staff who could not carry out their jobs from home - due to the nature of their work - and our intention to apply, if applicable, for the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme (CJRS), a scheme designed to ensure that jobs and employment rights are protected.

"Indeed we have seen opposition from fans to fellow Premier League clubs accessing the CJRS too. This once again underlines that we bear different pressures to other businesses, many of whom have and will continue to apply for support from the scheme as the Government intended.

"In view of supporter sentiment regarding the scheme, it is now not our intention to make use of the current CJRS that runs until the end of May. We shall consult with stakeholders, including the Tottenham Hotspur Supporters' Trust with whom we have been in dialogue over the past week and who share our desire to protect jobs, should circumstances change going forward."

Daniel Levy, Chairman: "The criticism the Club has received over the last week has been felt all the more keenly because of our track record of good works and our huge sense of responsibility to care for those that rely on us, particularly locally.

"It was never our intent, as custodians, to do anything other than put measures in place to protect jobs whilst the Club sought to continue to operate in a self-sufficient manner during uncertain times.

"We regret any concern caused during an anxious time and hope the work our supporters will see us doing in the coming weeks, as our stadium takes on a whole new purpose, will make them proud of their Club."

Again, I have no issue with our owner being well supported. I also support them a lot and, in any discussions outside of this board, am often the most vociferous supporter of Levy.

As I've said before, a huge amount of that progress has come under one manager. So I'll hold off full judgement on us 'joining the elite' until we're consistently there under multiple managers. I hope beyond hope that this happens.

I'm also not quite as interested as others in having a 'benchmark' stadium and, while I was excited about it, found the obsessing over biggest TV screens and number of LED lights and all of this kind of stuff during the build incredibly strange. As if I care how big the TV screens are or what types of bulbs they're using.

You think its incredibly strange that some supporters would take an interest in the minute details of their clubs stadium build? Ok but I'm not really sure what that has to do with my post or the wider topic.

The absoloute unconditional support you believe exists is just the way social media polarises opinions i would wager

As I've said before, a huge amount of that on field progress has come under one manager. So I'll hold off full judgement on us 'joining the elite' until we're consistently there under multiple managers. I hope beyond hope that this happens.

*Can I say before I get lynched that I completely agree with the Everton/ Saudi Sportswashing Machine etc points and it is a point I've made many times before too.
Well Redknapp got CL
jol would have if not for Lasagne gate
And ultimately none of those got a trophy either

You think its incredibly strange that some supporters would take an interest in the minute details of their clubs stadium build? Ok but I'm not really sure what that has to do with my post or the wider topic.

The absoloute unconditional support you believe exists is just the way social media polarises opinions i would wager

Because you talked about building a benchmark stadium. I assumed that is what you meant, building a truly premium, luxury stadium.

And yes, I'd wager you're right there. I find the conversations on this topic in real life a bit more nuanced and, funnily enough considering how I know I must come across on here, I am often his most vociferous supporter.

Well Redknapp got CL
jol would have if not for Lasagne gate
And ultimately none of those got a trophy either

Well yeah, we finished in the top 4 once (twice I guess in reality though we got some bad luck second time). Same as Everton, though Moyes obviously fudged that up.

I'm genuinely not trying to criticise Levy on this point, he's done a lot of great work and some things have been out of his hands. The overall trajectory has undoubtedly been upwards. But let's actually finish top 4 in a sustained manner with more than 1 manager before we start to proclaim that as our new norm now.

Because you talked about building a benchmark stadium. I assumed that is what you meant, building a truly premium, luxury stadium.

And yes, I'd wager you're right there. I find the conversations on this topic in real life a bit more nuanced and, funnily enough considering how I know I must come across on here, I am often his most vociferous supporter.

The point with regards to mentioning the stadium was that we have managed to close the gap to the the sides above (on and off the field) despite having a huge project like the stadium build on the go at the same time.

Well yeah, we finished in the top 4 once (twice I guess in reality though we got some bad luck second time). Same as Everton, though Moyes obviously fudged that up.

I'm genuinely not trying to criticise Levy on this point, he's done a lot of great work and some things have been out of his hands. The overall trajectory has undoubtedly been upwards. But let's actually finish top 4 in a sustained manner with more than 1 manager before we start to proclaim that as our new norm now.
Well it was twice under redknapp so IMO that’s consistently in his reign

but we need to maintain it

what we have down is create a top 6 now rather than a big 4

I don’t understand the point of this, surely the outcry over the furloughing was because some staff members were having their salary cut to 80%/2500pm?

So now we are paying them full wage to do nothing?

How is that better for the finances of the club?
It’s not
It’s better for the fans that complained though
Its better for those employees too

I don’t understand the point of this, surely the outcry over the furloughing was because some staff members were having their salary cut to 80%/2500pm?

It’s ridiculous, completely non sensical, but “the optics” are good!

the only people doing anything at the club are the ones taking a pay cut now.

I think the outcry was over us daring to use the government scheme, full stop. The 20% cut was a peripheral concern is how I took it (and as several posters have already pointed out would've probably balanced out in many cases, taking into account work-related expenses).

In answer to your final question; it isn't.

Last edited:
Back