• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Coronavirus

Not sure what Russia is doing, but yeah Brazil is another to add to that list.
Russia is hiding it, it would appear. I follow a few Russian speakers on twitter and the social media posts coming out of Russia are bad. I know this is only anecdotal evidence but they paint a horrible picture. I saw one vid of a mile long ambulance tailback to get into a hospital. The strong man dictator types like to project strength rather than tell the truth.

The plight of India is scary. Having been there for longish visits...a chaotic environment and a chaotic virus is only ending one way.

The written piece sheds much light on their multi layered issues/problems that are just not going to compute with a highly contagious virus...that will kill many but will be supplemented by many many more deaths due to their circumstances.

The plight of India is scary. Having been there for longish visits...a chaotic environment and a chaotic virus is only ending one way.

The written piece sheds much light on their multi layered issues/problems that are just not going to compute with a highly contagious virus...that will kill many but will be supplemented by many many more deaths due to their circumstances.

Love India but has to be one of the most two layered society of seen, mega rich and sickly poor

I'm finding it an interesting dichotomy on this board to hear people talk about how the East Asian countries have controlled it to some extent due to their sheep like population while we have people on this admittedly quite right wing board queuing up to defend their own government's handling of it, refusing criticism and parts of our media worshipping them in a nauseating way.

This is an interesting assertion, one I think I've heard on here before. I don't suppose it's directly relevant to the topic, but I just wanted to note that it's a viewpoint I find quite surprising.

As a semi-active poster of what I consider to be generally centre-right views, I very often feel in the minority on this board. There are a handful of regular posters who seem to hold broadly similar views to my own, but I usually feel that the 'opposing' positions draw at least equal and often greater, numbers. I haven't counted, but my feeling would be that in this thread, more posters are attacking the government than defending it, despite another assertion I just read about posters 'queueing up' to defend them. And if you were to flick through the politics threads around the time of the last couple of general elections, I would expect you'd find it quite hard, in the face of what you'd read to retain the opinion expressed above.

But that's just my gut feeling. Not really important, just something that stood out to me.

Last edited:
This is an interesting assertion, one I think I've heard on here before. I don't suppose it's directly relevant to the topic, but I just wanted to note that it's a viewpoint I find quite surprising.

As a semi-active poster of what I consider to be generally centre-right views, I very often feel in the minority on this board. There are a handful of regular posters who seem to hold broadly similar views to my own, but I usually feel that the 'opposing' positions draw at least equal and often greater, numbers. I haven't counted, but my feeling would be that in this thread, more posters are attacking the government than defending it, despite another assertion I just read about posters 'queueing up' to defend them. And if you were to flick through the politics threads around the time of the last couple of general elections, I would expect you'd find it quite hard in the face of what you'd read to retain the opinion expressed above.

But that's just my gut feeling. Not really important, just something that stood out to me.

I've been on this board a long time (mid 2000s I believe) and it has always been a right leaning board. I haven't counted either but there's what 3-4? posters who are posting criticising the government? In my opinion, far more saying we've not done that badly, we should blame x, y, z instead.

I have flicked through the politics threads, it is because of those threads and the general leaning of this board that I barely post anymore, especially in random. Genuinely not meant as some woe is me, look at me post, I just rarely have the time or energy to discuss topics with multiple people anymore (which is exactly what happens when I have posted on this thread) and I tend to feel bad for posting and then not replying because I don't have the time. Not to mention that ultimately, almost nobody changes their minds online anyway, regardless of the force of argument.

I should clarify when I say right wing, I mean by my own self professed left political leanings. I fully believe that this board represents the UK political arena relatively well, especially in the South of the country.

I've been on this board a long time (mid 2000s I believe) and it has always been a right leaning board. I haven't counted either but there's what 3-4? posters who are posting criticising the government? In my opinion, far more saying we've not done that badly, we should blame x, y, z instead.

That immediately strikes me as a significant underestimation.

But there's little point getting pedantic about it. As I think you've suggested elsewhere, we're unlikely to agree on this.

Mid June.
Tighter lockdown towards end of April once people are "used to it", so it only leaves the minority not towing the line and becomes somewhat people policed by society.
Not a chance of that happening, the Country would be skinter than skint by then

Mid June.
Tighter lockdown towards end of April once people are "used to it", so it only leaves the minority not towing the line and becomes somewhat people policed by society.

That's just sealed me laying off those daily press conferences from here on in, then.

No way can I take 6x 'when is the lockdown going to end?' media questions daily for another 60 odd days...

How long do people think we will be on lockdown?

The furlough period was three months. I think that’s the biggest clue. June seems likeliest. We are 2 -3 weeks behind Italy and I believe they’ve just added another fortnight to their lockdown.

Even when we come out of this stage of lockdown, I think a lot of people will be surprised at what they are still not able to do. Life, imo, is going to remain pretty limited until good therapeutic treatments or a vaccine arrive.

How long do people think we will be on lockdown?

Think this is actually 2 questions

How long will the lock down be

How long before lockdown Fatigue kicks in - it’s already showing signs of cracking.

I concur, other countries are opening up - we won’t want to be left behind - we will be skint and the unemployment rate will be sky high.

It’s a balancing act of course

Back