• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Anybody who thinks Levy (and by association Lewis) settles for second best in anything has clearly had their head up there ar5e for the past decade and not been to WHL in the last however many months :rolleyes:

I would hate us to become a money club in the old sense of it. Like us to be like a Dortmund but when we get good again be able to keep the players this team because the stadium will give us extra revenue.

Chairman’s message

“We are painfully aware that it seems wholly inappropriate to be giving any attention to the prior year’s financial results at a time when so many individuals and businesses face worrying and difficult times. We are however legally required to announce these by 31 March 2020.

“We are all facing uncertain times both at work and in our personal lives. I have spent nearly 20 years growing this Club and there have been many hurdles along the way – none of this magnitude – the COVID-19 pandemic is the most serious of them all.

“You will have noticed that we have, as a necessity, ceased all fan-facing operations. With such uncertainty we shall all need to work together to ensure the impact of this crisis does not undermine the future stability of the Club. This will include working with the wider football industry and its stakeholders to seek to restore the season – but only when it is safe and practical to do so.

“Our priority is the health and wellbeing of our staff, players, partners, supporters and their families.

“We shall look to come out of this stronger and more resilient than ever. Our hope is that the virus peaks over the coming weeks and that we have a summer to enjoy.

“Please look after yourselves and stay safe and healthy. This is more important than football.”

#TogetherTHFC

Was that filmed at Villa Park? Just saying, as you don't see the doors actually open. Think the emergency button was pressed

BREAKING NEWS:

Statement from chairman Daniel Levy.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

As recently as 18 March I said: “We shall all need to work together to ensure the impact of this crisis does not undermine the future stability of the Club.” The decision by governments around the world to effectively close down economies with unheard of peacetime impacts on civil liberties in order to minimise the terrible effects of the COVID-19 pandemic is the right one to protect human lives. The crushing devastation on industries in many countries, the inter-dependence of international trade and travel in every aspect of our daily life is only now beginning to be felt. Every person on this planet will be affected and in my lifetime I cannot think of something so impactful.

When I read or hear stories about player transfers this summer like nothing has happened, people need to wake up to the enormity of what is happening around us. With over 786,000 infected, nearly 38,000 deaths and large segments of the world in lockdown we need to realise that football cannot operate in a bubble. We maybe the eighth largest Club in the world by revenue according to the Deloitte survey but all that historical data is totally irrelevant as this virus has no boundaries.

The Club’s operations have effectively ceased, some of our fans will have lost their jobs and most will be worried about their future. Our sponsors will be concerned about their businesses and our media partners have no certainty when we may play games again or whether we will be allowed to play in front of our fans. In the meantime, the Club has an annual cost base running into hundreds of millions of pounds.

We have seen some of the biggest clubs in the world such as Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus take steps to reduce their costs. Yesterday, having already taken steps to reduce costs, we ourselves made the difficult decision – in order to protect jobs – to reduce the remuneration of all 550 non-playing directors and employees for April and May by 20% utilising, where appropriate, the Government’s furlough scheme. We shall continue to review this position.

We hope the current discussions between the Premier League, PFA and LMA will result in players and coaches doing their bit for the football eco system.

I have no doubt we will get through this crisis but life will take some time to get back to normal. I hope we will never take for granted so many basic things such as getting off the train at Seven Sisters, walking along Tottenham High Road, entering our stadium with our family and friends, and buying a beer and pie ahead of watching Spurs play at home.

Many families will have lost loved ones, many businesses will have been destroyed, millions of jobs lost and many Clubs whether big or small may struggle to exist. It is incumbent on me as Chairman to ensure we do everything we can to protect our employees, our fans, our partners, our Club for future generations – and equally important – our wider community where we have such an immense sense of responsibility.

I wish everyone good health, a speedy return to normal life and watching Spurs at home in front of our fans. Stay safe.

BREAKING NEWS:

Statement from chairman Daniel Levy.
- - - - - - - - - - - -

As recently as 18 March I said: “We shall all need to work together to ensure the impact of this crisis does not undermine the future stability of the Club.” The decision by governments around the world to effectively close down economies with unheard of peacetime impacts on civil liberties in order to minimise the terrible effects of the COVID-19 pandemic is the right one to protect human lives. The crushing devastation on industries in many countries, the inter-dependence of international trade and travel in every aspect of our daily life is only now beginning to be felt. Every person on this planet will be affected and in my lifetime I cannot think of something so impactful.

When I read or hear stories about player transfers this summer like nothing has happened, people need to wake up to the enormity of what is happening around us. With over 786,000 infected, nearly 38,000 deaths and large segments of the world in lockdown we need to realise that football cannot operate in a bubble. We maybe the eighth largest Club in the world by revenue according to the Deloitte survey but all that historical data is totally irrelevant as this virus has no boundaries.

The Club’s operations have effectively ceased, some of our fans will have lost their jobs and most will be worried about their future. Our sponsors will be concerned about their businesses and our media partners have no certainty when we may play games again or whether we will be allowed to play in front of our fans. In the meantime, the Club has an annual cost base running into hundreds of millions of pounds.

We have seen some of the biggest clubs in the world such as Barcelona, Bayern Munich and Juventus take steps to reduce their costs. Yesterday, having already taken steps to reduce costs, we ourselves made the difficult decision – in order to protect jobs – to reduce the remuneration of all 550 non-playing directors and employees for April and May by 20% utilising, where appropriate, the Government’s furlough scheme. We shall continue to review this position.

We hope the current discussions between the Premier League, PFA and LMA will result in players and coaches doing their bit for the football eco system.

I have no doubt we will get through this crisis but life will take some time to get back to normal. I hope we will never take for granted so many basic things such as getting off the train at Seven Sisters, walking along Tottenham High Road, entering our stadium with our family and friends, and buying a beer and pie ahead of watching Spurs play at home.

Many families will have lost loved ones, many businesses will have been destroyed, millions of jobs lost and many Clubs whether big or small may struggle to exist. It is incumbent on me as Chairman to ensure we do everything we can to protect our employees, our fans, our partners, our Club for future generations – and equally important – our wider community where we have such an immense sense of responsibility.

I wish everyone good health, a speedy return to normal life and watching Spurs at home in front of our fans. Stay safe.

I sincerely hope so. I'll 100% defend a player's right to earn the money they do but they have to do their bit now. Taking their full wages when they aren't playing and the country is on its knees would be obscene.

I sincerely hope so. I'll 400% defend a player's right to earn the money they do but they have to do their bit now. Taking their full wages when they aren't playing and the country is on its knees would be obscene.
I’m truly amazed at the amount of slagging off so called fans are giving the club online and Levy in particular
I’m not convinced any have read the release TBH as it clearly says directors too will be taking pay cuts
And of course the flip side is the club is loaded and makes Laos all money... with people forgetting that we have paid about £50m in taxes on the last year or so as a club
Now it’s the players turn to man up

I’m truly amazed at the amount of slagging off so called fans are giving the club online and Levy in particular
I’m not convinced any have read the release TBH as it clearly says directors too will be taking pay cuts
And of course the flip side is the club is loaded and makes Laos all money... with people forgetting that we have paid about £50m in taxes on the last year or so as a club
Now it’s the players turn to man up

Why are people criticising Levy and the club?

Because we’re Rich basically and they think it’s a cheap move to Rob the poor people

We aren't. They'll get paid by the government. We're a f**king business with little/no money coming in and probably about a million in player wages a week going out at this point as well as a whole load of other expenses related to the stadium. Probably the same f**kers that will be whinging if we sign no-one in the summer.

You'd swear Levy was pocketing the money himself.

We aren't. They'll get paid by the government. We're a f**king business with little/no money coming in and probably about a million in player wages a week going out at this point as well as a whole load of other expenses related to the stadium. Probably the same f**kers that will be whinging if we sign no-one in the summer.

It’s exactly that
Same plebs banging the same drum

It’s exactly that
Same plebs banging the same drum

It really is sad but as i have said before some can not wait to dig the chairman out.

Makes perfect sense, it's been really odd seeing us linked to tons of players recently. Who the hell will want to buy in this market?

I would be interested to see the figures - you would think -20% for all those directors would cover the wages for the admin type staff.

That said, I think this is a PR statement - if you look at it it focuses on the severity of the situation, what other clubs of great stature have done and the need for the PFA,LMA etc to make a decision.
The last bit is key - it sounds like a pressure email to get a decision made.

Back