• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Wireless Headphones

So pleased to hear someone else say this! It is literally the thing that makes me the most angry in the world. The Apple clams who design such brick fudging leaky earphones, and the consumer clams that buy them. Surely the fundamental purpose of earphones is to prevent other people from hearing what you’re listening to? Does my fudging head in!

———

P.S. I’ve just bought a pair of those Sony in-ear ones, so will share my thoughts once they’ve arrived.

My Sony wf-1000 xm3 arrived today. The sound and noise cancelling is fantastic, and they work great with my iPhone. But with my laptop the sound stutters every few seconds, and it’s doing my head in. Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? This is my first time using wireless earphones.

My Sony wf-1000 xm3 arrived today. The sound and noise cancelling is fantastic, and they work great with my iPhone. But with my laptop the sound stutters every few seconds, and it’s doing my head in. Anyone have any experience with this kind of thing? This is my first time using wireless earphones.

Sounds like interference.

Could be wifi or 2.4ghz, turn off/unplug things and see if anything helps.

That's a pretty common issue with many wireless headphones. It's got nothing to do with the headset, but is related to Windows bricky Bluetooth stack.

That's a pretty common issue with many wireless headphones. It's got nothing to do with the headset, but is related to Windows bricky Bluetooth stack.
I haven't found something that completely solved this problem, but you might try a few things that has improved it for me.
Disable all effects/sound enhancements and chose stable connection priority instead of sound quality.

Pair the computer with the headphones, then disconnect the connection to the pc. Then launch the app on the phone, select sony headphones app, switch to stable connection mode (the headphones will then reboot automatically to that mode). Then disconnect ur phone from the xm3s and reconnect with the PC without switching the headphones off. And your set.

I haven't found something that completely solved this problem, but you might try a few things that has improved it for me.
Disable all effects/sound enhancements and chose stable connection priority instead of sound quality.

Pair the computer with the headphones, then disconnect the connection to the pc. Then launch the app on the phone, select sony headphones app, switch to stable connection mode (the headphones will then reboot automatically to that mode). Then disconnect ur phone from the xm3s and reconnect with the PC without switching the headphones off. And your set.

Thanks for this. Before reading your post I tried my fiancée’s wh xb900n’s, and they actually work fine - no stuttering at all. Plus I prefer their touch controls. So I’m gonna try and exchange for them.

Next issue is that I bought a Bluetooth transmitter for my TV, but there’s major lag so the audio is out of time with the video. Gonna try and exchange for a better transmitter.

Who knew this would be so hard!

Thanks for this. Before reading your post I tried my fiancée’s wh xb900n’s, and they actually work fine - no stuttering at all. Plus I prefer their touch controls. So I’m gonna try and exchange for them.

Next issue is that I bought a Bluetooth transmitter for my TV, but there’s major lag so the audio is out of time with the video. Gonna try and exchange for a better transmitter.

Who knew this would be so hard!
I also have the wh 900's and like you have no issues with them. Sound is not quite as good as the xm3 1000, and the noise cancelling is not on the same level, but considering the price, I think the 900 gives you more bang for the buck.

Back