• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The positives

Entire season declared void and last season's qualifications remain. Imagine having this clusterfudge of a season wiped from the history books. :D

Would be nice .. but it's the key reason the PL hasn't already shut down the games

Either they take the in place results right now, or last seasons. Potential lawsuits are lining up because of the lost of revenue implications to clubs (and what do you do about the relegation situation)

The only feasible answer I can see is either they restart the season or they try to push through empty stadium games later in season to get some kind of result.

I don't doubt for a second that the games will resume in a few weeks - 6 to 8 at a minimum. There's too much money at stake, too many complications to arise, if the season was declared null and void. And, of course, the protection of property in a distraught Liverpool and environs to think of.

But the delays will be good for Spurs, who need time for injured players to heal and return to match fitness. Imagine resuming play with a full squad and a very manageable run in over the final 5-6 games.

I don't doubt for a second that the games will resume in a few weeks - 6 to 8 at a minimum. There's too much money at stake, too many complications to arise, if the season was declared null and void. And, of course, the protection of property in a distraught Liverpool and environs to think of.

But the delays will be good for Spurs, who need time for injured players to heal and return to match fitness. Imagine resuming play with a full squad and a very manageable run in over the final 5-6 games.

Yeah, this is obviously a horrible situation no one wants from a public health perspective.

But from a footballing perspective the postponement is good for us. We were going to struggle against an in-form United at the weekend. Lose that and it was pretty much season over. Now we could have Son, Kane, Sissoko and Bergwijn back. Presumably training will continue so Jose can have no excuses about not having time with the squad and having a chance to impart his style of play and ideas.

Of course, I'd much rather they just cancel the season for a host of reasons but even if they play it out, we'll be in a better position.

And we'll finish ahead of the popguns, where the first positive diagnosis amongst league personnel occurred.

We'll see the players come back full of enthusiasm after being granted this massive, unexpected reprieve from the current gloom. I'm optimistic now about our chances for a top four-five finish.

What happens if they decide to continue the season and to start say mid-May end of May which is realistically when any peak will end. We could be in a scenario where the season is still going when the transfer window reopens

There's two months left in the current PL schedule. The earliest we can expect them to resume play is mid-May and if they play it out over a like-for-like time span, that brings the season to an end in mid July. Realistically, they can't play any later than that without impacting the following season, due to begin play in mid-to-late August. There's a lot to think through as the league moves forward and that extends to all leagues in Europe.

The Euros are toast.

But what can the league do to tighten the time lines? Schedule matches for weeknights, CL be damned? Even a couple of weeks like that would help compress the schedule and bring the finale into June. Maybe even play matches early in such scheduling behind closed doors, just to minimize inconvenience and health risks for travelling fans. Of course, that would mean refunding some money, never a popular option.

Some have suggested that a playoff system might be implemented to determine the CL, EL and relegation placings. Can't see Liverpool wanting to risk their massive lead on a set of home-and-home playoff rounds. Can't see Leicester or ManCity or Chelsea being keen to adopt that either.

But here's where the rubber meets the road. Even if they resume play by May, all it will take is one new positive diagnosis of a player, coach or staff member to bring about another closure. At that point, there will be no option but to declare the season null and void. And begin anew in August with last season's placings determining European participation.

So Spurs either resume play in some weeks with a stronger, healthier squad or the season's blanked out. Not seeing the downside to either option for us.

There's two months left in the current PL schedule. The earliest we can expect them to resume play is mid-May and if they play it out over a like-for-like time span, that brings the season to an end in mid July. Realistically, they can't play any later than that without impacting the following season, due to begin play in mid-to-late August. There's a lot to think through as the league moves forward and that extends to all leagues in Europe.

The Euros are toast.

But what can the league do to tighten the time lines? Schedule matches for weeknights, CL be damned? Even a couple of weeks like that would help compress the schedule and bring the finale into June. Maybe even play matches early in such scheduling behind closed doors, just to minimize inconvenience and health risks for travelling fans. Of course, that would mean refunding some money, never a popular option.

Some have suggested that a playoff system might be implemented to determine the CL, EL and relegation placings. Can't see Liverpool wanting to risk their massive lead on a set of home-and-home playoff rounds. Can't see Leicester or ManCity or Chelsea being keen to adopt that either.

But here's where the rubber meets the road. Even if they resume play by May, all it will take is one new positive diagnosis of a player, coach or staff member to bring about another closure. At that point, there will be no option but to declare the season null and void. And begin anew in August with last season's placings determining European participation.

So Spurs either resume play in some weeks with a stronger, healthier squad or the season's blanked out. Not seeing the downside to either option for us.
Maybe down side is what happens to the qualifications for the European Comps for next season and of course relegation
Do they start again.. do they use the current table (which teams would challenge)...

What happens if they decide to continue the season and to start say mid-May end of May which is realistically when any peak will end. We could be in a scenario where the season is still going when the transfer window reopens
The windows would be frozen as also players would be out of contract

I don't understand how you can be so confident about something so shrouded in uncertainty.

The quarantine time alone is two weeks. So at whatever time this is getting under control you'd still need a couple of weeks until everyone was back and available.

No doubt money is a big issue. I don't think the virus will care.
Moving the transfer window will be the smallest issue I'd guess. But even if the current delays are the end of it getting everything sorted and getting some kind of preseason done by the time the next season is scheduled will be very difficult.

I think we will be heading towards some shortened end of this season or delayed start to the next one even if just neutral estimates are right. Of course we're all crossing our fingers for the hopeful estimates.

Scenarios

1. This blows over by late April, and they jam the remaining games in on some kind of overrun
2. This does't blow over for another 2 months or more, and they void/reset season, start over next.
3. This doesn't blow over and they take the current standings as is
4. This doesn't blow over, they "finish" this season next season, then have a truncated (everyone play each other once) "next" season

Scenario 3 is a legal nightmare, no side in regulation zone or contention for CL or EL spot will accept the result, and the fact that teams have played different opponents and even different numbers of games will allow the lawyers to have a field day in damages. While the side in line for promotion into PL will have a complaint, keeping current status is always easier. The only real loser in this scenario is Pool
Scenario 1 for me is unlikely, I think we are months away from playing again, but theoretically could happen, we would have one competition and more fit players
Scenario 2 is probably easiest (and yes, best for us), incumbent status is kept, those affected will be promotion potential sides, Pool and the Leicester/Sheffield/Wolves who could argue they have a unique opportunity this season only
Scenario 4 is another possibility with the more proactive approach, but creates a brick next season and causes issues with players out of contract in "middle" and weird transfer window implications

Scenario 5.

FA chairman Greg Clarke's dark pronouncement that football will not resume again until September at the earliest. And, stick a fork in it, the current season is done like dinner.

Works for me. Mind you, I'm enjoying an end-of-a-fine-work-week glass - well, my second - of a splendid wine from Spain, a Monastrell red called Goru Gold.

And groovin' thru the headphones to the funky soul sounds of former high school class mate Lou Pomanti cranking out his swinging hit, Boogaloo Lounge. Dig that bass line. And, yes, jazz lovers, that is a very young Larnell Lewis, now of Snarky Puppy fame, hitting the beats:

Scenario 5.

FA chairman Greg Clarke's dark pronouncement that football will not resume again until September at the earliest. And, stick a fork in it, the current season is done like dinner.

Works for me. Mind you, I'm enjoying an end-of-a-fine-work-week glass - well, my second - of a splendid wine from Spain, a Monastrell red called Goru Gold.

And groovin' thru the headphones to the funky soul sounds of former high school class mate Lou Pomanti cranking out his swinging hit, Boogaloo Lounge. Dig that bass line. And, yes, jazz lovers, that is a very young Larnell Lewis, now of Snarky Puppy fame, hitting the beats:

Many of those, in Madrid imposed lockdown now, so will be enjoying a few of those this week-end

hahaha .. just the thought of denying the victims will keep me in a good mood for some time.

Positives
-Mourinho... if we cant make it work with him , then all blame goes to levy, enic and the board.
-Covid ..... reminds them management that we are first a football club ...and if they are using the club to support an event hosting business theyve got to relook their priorities.
-ndombele vs bruno fernandes...bargain vs upcoming purchases needs to be viewed in context. Nows not the time to take gambles
- injuries / lack of depth .... our committe dont know what if takes

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Positives
-Mourinho... if we cant make it work with him , then all blame goes to levy, enic and the board.
-Covid ..... reminds them management that we are first a football club ...and if they are using the club to support an event hosting business theyve got to relook their priorities.
-ndombele vs bruno fernandes...bargain vs upcoming purchases needs to be viewed in context. Nows not the time to take gambles

You greatly over estimate the manager Mourinho is these days - if/when it goes wrong it will be a reflection of where he stands in the modern game.

Ndombele vs Fernandes is a strange one, both similarly rated although playing in different positions and if anything it was the former who was considered to be the better player/more sure thing by the wider footballing community. Lo Celso v Fernandes would have been a better comparison

Last edited:
Ndombele vs Fernandes is a strange one, both similarly rated although playing in different positions and if anything it was the former who was considered to be the better player/more sure thing by the wider footballing community. Lo Celso v Fernandes would have been a better comparison

And where we found ourselves at the end of the summer

Positives

They don’t need to review their priorities as the Club is rightly being used in that way, because the stadium was again rightly built in a multi functional fashion

This was done to reap maximum reward from one of the most momentous occasions in the Clubs history, thus increasing exposure wherever possible and boosting revenue streams.

Profits derived from such activities all go back into the club, with transfer funds the primary beneficiary.

Positives

If your creating an events hosting business you would snag one near public transport with facilities to match... that isn’t Tottenham

Back