• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2019/20 Premier League Thread

Suspending it for the rest of this month and taking stock when we know more, sounds like a sensible first step.

That's fair enough, although setting a date as opposed to an indefinite suspension of all games sounds like blind optimism to me when this pandemic is expected to last throughout the summer.

I love the fella but it stinks of opportunism.
Well maybe
But it’s speculation it’s us anyway
I’m sure there will have been plenty who would have said can it
Saudi Sportswashing Machine would gain
West Ham... yeah

I guess it depends on what the plan is if the league is never finished

We could do with another 2 or 3 weeks on top of April 3rd.
We may well get it, we have hardly peaked in the U.K. so I expect it will get delayed again further as cases get ramped up. Question is if they decide to cancel this season, does Liverpool not win the title lol?

GHod knows what they’ll do if that gets extended further?

How on earth will they decide relegation, promotion and the CL/Europa positions?

Might have to end up sharing money between PL and Championship or something? Compensating clubs that are currently in CL places or played in it last year and are no longer in hose positions?

How on earth will they decide relegation, promotion and the CL/Europa positions?

Might have to end up sharing money between PL and Championship or something? Compensating clubs that are currently in CL places or played in it last year and are no longer in hose positions?

I suspect there won't be any european championship this summer. A few more weeks to play proper football if necessary and possible.

They should just play the matches behind closed doors as non-contact.

Then Ham Salad and his protege Mane can't dive, the victims won't get another point and humanity can celebrate.

The only legitimate option is to reset season next year (likely)

Otherwise the lawyers will have a field day for all the sides around relegation, CL spots, promotions.

I will laugh for years if Pool loses the PL title this way .. oh can you imagine the victims .. they will be telling their grandchildren about the time they were robbed ... hahahaha

That's fair enough, although setting a date as opposed to an indefinite suspension of all games sounds like blind optimism to me when this pandemic is expected to last throughout the summer.

I doubt that the season will resume but they may be doing this in anticipation of the government stepping up measures and seeing what impact they have.

"Dear Mr Levy, given the unprecedented situation, we're going to take some of your money and give it to the poor clubs in the Championship".

"Donna, unleash the lawyers..."

All elite football in England has been suspended until at least 3 April as a result of the spread of coronavirus.

All Premier League games, EFL fixtures and matches in the FA Women's Super League and Women's Championship have been postponed.

The Premier League said action would resume on 4 April "subject to medical advice and conditions at the time".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51867989

Back