• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

Whose coming into this set up now...
We have to literally bin off 7/8 players
And buy in replacements
That’s not appealing to anyone

Maybe part of the reason we have to bin those players off is that Mourinho is failing to get the best out of them. Look at teams like Sheffield United. Ahead of us in the table but are their players really better than our’s?
If we had a manager who could increase the level that his players played at, perhaps we wouldn’t be looking at such a drastic overhaul.

He's gone from "I'm very happy with this squad, love this group of guys" to...

“The message is, this is what we have. These are the players we have.”

... Forgive me if I'm feeling more alarmed each day.

At least he's now admitting that the third best squad stuff was gonads.
Pity others won't.

The worrying thing is that he had a year out of work to watch football and its only now dawning on him. As he supposedly courted our job I have to question if he actually watched us beforehand.

As i said previously, i think Jose is a busted flush/has-been because of the following:

- he cannot seem to coach forward/attacking movements that are NOT based on hoofing it to a big number 9 OR hoofing it into space for a quick sprinter to outrun a defence; when a team has parked the bus and not allowed him to play counter-attacking football, he genuinely hasn't got a clue
- he relies too much on the above AND set-pieces
- now he does not have the best players in the league and the biggest budget (by far) to acquire such he is clueless as to what to do when he meets teams with similar resources
- he's getting out-coached by so many coaches who are more progressive, even relative newbies like Fat Frank, Ole and even Farke and Hassenhutl
- he has not moved with the times to realise that the way football rules and conditions have changed that often AT TIMES attack is the better form of defence; our defence is woefukl and has no strong defensive medfielder to help protect them; but by golly should we REALLY be so blunt and predictable in our attacking play?
- Remember how poor our general play, especially attacking was BEFORE the Kane and Son injuries?
- Can you count even on one hand how many of our players looked like they are coached better than previously?
- He has become a man of excuses and talking down the team - does not generate an "up and at em" type of mentality and instead the players fold (not like they need much encourage, but you get my point)

Honestly, this may be his last chance to save his ailing reputation as a 'top coach' and if he was to realise the writing is on the wall for him (which club after us would take him that has a bigger stature than us?) he'd resign in the summer and give his excuses about "Spurs not being ambitious" or "lying about how much backing he'd get" or "they wouldn't get me some of what i needed in January" etc etc.
Those excuses might get him the benefit of the doubt at his next job (though many might still see through it and realise he's a modern-day George Graham).

Personally i'd love that outcome so we could go for a more progressive and attacking coach to get the best out of our talented (if fragile) midfielders and attackers, whilst then trying to rebuild our defence.

But, i then realise not much will change with ENIC/Levy at the wheel; i'm sure they hired Jose in a panic to "just get through the season" and hope we win the FA Cup to look like they have got footballing ambition.
But it's clear they didn't really have the ambition to back him any more than they did Poch; the fact that they couldn't get in a number 9 to work within Jose's (albeit dated) method of play or, more importantly, a defensive midfielder to help us at least become more solid (Gedson, good player overall, but why was he bought, what was the thinking there?) says all one needs to know about how they operate and their footballing ambition.
Why hire Jose - the antithesis to the last guy they hired - and not give him money to spend on neccesary areas, when he is the guy who's known for only being able to operate with big spending? Well, as i say, just proof they are 'winging it'...

When the Lady Gaga concerts, Boxing fights and other non-football entertainment gigs start being booked at NWHL it will then be clear that success on the field wont be of importance to their business model; the money will roll in anyway regardless of whether we finish 3rd or 10th.
Happy days for ENIC. Terrible for us, the football fans.

As Burkenshaw said: "There used to be a football club over there..."

Oh well.

It's got to be the players though if both Poch and now Jose can't get anything out of them.

And for the record we've looked toothless going forward for longer than Jose's tenure.

The biggest thing we have been missing is intensity in our play, both with and without the ball. Last night we actually got at them until the goal, then our heads dropped and all that was gone.

Truth of the matter is I am considering if Jose is the right person considering Tottenham's philosophy of 'To Dare is To Do'.

I am willing to give him till he has a full transfer window. However I expect him at this stage to separate the wheat from the chaff and make greater use of the youth. I was extremely happy to see Parrott, Tanganga, Skipp etc.

It's got to be the players though if both Poch and now Jose can't get anything out of the.
No it’s clearly the manager....

I mean we were amazing last season weren’t we. We lost the semi final of the league cup on penalties and got to the CL final. We could have gone 2 points off top if we beat Burnley that day....

or...
The defence started waning the day we aid walker
We over relied on moments of brilliance to get any results
The players we brought in aren’t good enough and never will be, I mean who needs time when your young in a new country. I know I wouldn’t as I’m fecking hard
Our first coach was dead on his feet and needed a break which he couldn’t get
The players looked to that coach for inspiration and heard him make comments about a final win being the end of it all for him...
We have had more key players injured than anyone
We moved into a new ground which actually can be quite negative and toxic if things aren’t going your way with the new fans with higher expectations coupled with tourists and of course the old guard of negativity

I mean it’s not like there are too many variables at play here

Truth of the matter is I am considering if Jose is the right person considering Tottenham's philosophy of 'To Dare is To Do'.

I am willing to give him till he has a full transfer window. However I expect him at this stage to separate the wheat from the chaff and make greater use of the youth. I was extremely happy to see Parrott, Tanganga, Skipp etc.
This is the same youth though that Poch chose not to use don’t forget

Does that make Poch a yesterday's man and a has-been as well?

I didn't bring up Poch, so i wonder why you did?
Maybe you think i'm some sort of Poch fanboy who is criticising Jose purely because i'm "still crying over Poch"...sorry to disappoint you fella..i'm criticising Jose for what he is doing (or not doing) now. If you must push me, Poch has never been and he left because he ultimately was failing. Does not mean that Jose is not yesterday's man and failing now.

A downward trend that included a League and Europa double with a team arguably as brick as this one?

Haha, this old chesnut...so spending gazzillions on the likes of Pogba, Ibrahimovich, Bailley, MkHitarian etc means he had such a brick team eh? Haha, i see you've swallowed the Mendes PR pill. That makes the fact that Ole has elevated them to being and playing better than us all the more galling...we'l likely see more of this on Sunday...

Fits our poor excuse of a fan base too.

Haha, i'm sure you love the fact that we'll be having a few more Lady Gaga type concerts before we identify players like a defensive midfielder to improve the team's on-field performance make you the very best ENIC fan. Keep up the good work

An excerpt from an article by Jonathan Liew (courtesy of bankruptspurs)

ES0ZovUWAAA34Kw

It's got to be the players though if both Poch and now Jose can't get anything out of them.

And for the record we've looked toothless going forward for longer than Jose's tenure.

The biggest thing we have been missing is intensity in our play, both with and without the ball. Last night we actually got at them until the goal, then our heads dropped and all that was gone.

The malaise goes back to not signing anyone in the summer of 2018, because "our squad is so good we find it hard to find players to upgrade or augment it".
Yesterday was proof the football strategy at the club died that summer. In the end Poch became infected by the lack of ambition shown above, and hence he eventually started rolling out the excuses and talking about how "trophies don't matter" etc

Players are part of the problem (as is our current coach and the last one in his last few months) but ultimately what we're seeing on the pitch is a reflection of where things are at at the very top of the club

When the Lady Gaga concerts, Boxing fights and other non-football entertainment gigs start being booked at NWHL it will then be clear that success on the field wont be of importance to their business model; the money will roll in anyway regardless of whether we finish 3rd or 10th.
Happy days for ENIC. Terrible for us, the football fans.
Yeah I think leaving the stadium empty and doing nothing over the summer is the best plan:rolleyes:

And a few events over the summer is going to 'clearly' take the place of their (by far) biggest income generator.

Perhaps it will all add to the bottom line, a percentage of we can spend on players and wages. Unless Levy ring fences it for coke and fluffy bunnies cuddlings?

An excerpt from an article by Jonathan Liew (courtesy of bankruptspurs)

ES0ZovUWAAA34Kw

I appreciate the sentiment, and agree with his portrayal of the miracle that Poch pulled off.

But I wouldn't read anything Jonathan Liew writes, myself. He's had it out for Mourinho for a long while now, and it shows. Plus, he's like a pound-shop version of a mix of Michael Cox and Barney Ronay - all the pretensions of being tactically astute and lyrical with words, but none of it actually shows in his articles.

Yeah I think leaving the stadium empty and doing nothing over the summer is the best plan:rolleyes:

And a few events over the summer is going to 'clearly' take the place of their (by far) biggest income generator.

Perhaps it will all add to the bottom line, a percentage of we can spend on players and wages. Unless Levy ring fences it for coke and fluffy bunnies cuddlings?

Perhaps..but actions speak louder than words. And so far actions by ENIC suggest they're not so interested on the footballing side in a big ambitious way. See last transfer window despite hiring the guy that mainly operates by spending money on key positions he cannot do without..

Back