• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Spurs vs Leipzig***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can’t get rid of your best players without having suitable replacements ready. We have done that so many times and fudged several managers as a result. Think Jol with Carrick, think Ramos with Berbatov and Keane, think AVB and Modric.
They weren't through manager choice though. If you want to refresh your squad, and you work for a tight wad, you're going to have to sell someone good.

Defensively shambles, offensive not really clicking fully, but there was still some sort of fight and the occasional decent attack in that game for us. First ten min were great! Clutching at straws here, but I want to see us high pressing like that again.

We will never do anything with a manager that is here for any less.
We don't have the money to change squad every three years when we change management.
And no manager at that level isn't going to come in without being able to bring in his own players.
That's why Jose is not a good fit for us.

We're no longer in the 'be patient with up and coming players' to create a team ... We need inspirational forward thinking managers, with regular investment into the squad for top tier players...With the new stadium and training facilities and top ticket prices to boot, Enic are in a different game now.

We need new owners.

They weren't through manager choice though. If you want to refresh your squad, and you work for a tight wad, you're going to have to sell someone good.
Then you are going to struggle if you are not able to bring in a like for like replacement. It is not a great choice for a manager.

That's not the point. It's been damage mitigation for a while, and any manager would be in the same boat.

Like I said, I'm not Mourinho's biggest fan but he needs to be given time to build and prepare a team.

Do you see him making a success of coaching the current squad with one or two minor additions?

there is the tickle my balls with a feather!
We dont need a Jose we need a young buck who is hungry!
Jose has been there and got the tea shirt!
We don’t have the set up for Jose!
It was a nice from Levy just never got off the ground!

I didn't agree with getting rid of poch, I could understand it, but didn't agree with it.
Getting in Jose, I neither agreed with it or seen the sense in it.
He is not suitable for us.

He's the most successful active manager in the sport, if he's not suitable for us we're not suitable for football.

I look at the squad, and I'm fudging furious with most of them, but on metrics and ceiling, who the hell could we improve on them with?

People adhere to cliches.
There are one or two here who blindly hate the bloke based on falsehoods. Their loss.

The interview was candid steff, but I am more interested in the language on the pitch, not just Dele, all of them, all season haven’t been right for well over a year.

I thought Jose could galvanise us...initially he did, but we have wallowed back into bad, bad habits.

to be honest mate the goalkeeper situation at our club is paramount, I long for the day when Hugo is no longer between our sticks, another player who destroys our collective confidence is Aurier, he has to go whatever the hit may be.

As a club we should have so much to be thankful and optimistic for, but their is something dreadful happening to all of us...the lack of buzz and fight in watching our boys in lillywhite.

we can talk about managers and injuries, but their will come a time to kill this ‘feeling sorry for ourselves mentality’ and like you mate, a beacon of positivity...I long for the fudging day!

Thats it too. Jose can't afford to fail especially in this fashion where the performances are clueless and he's being negative all the time and hanging players in public. His reputation and future employability is as much at risk as his job at Spurs.

I think this a no lose job for jose,
If it fails he can walk away and blame Levy.
Champagne ambition with lemonade budget.
Jose won't be like any other of our past managers, he wont shrink I to the background and keep his mouth shut.

Putting aside my concerns about Mourinho as a coach, I don't know. I think that our primary issue right now, other than our best two forwards being injured, is confidence. A full pre-season, a fit squad and a few additions could change a lot.

it will come down to the same old thing. He will need the backing he wants from Levy.

The interview was candid steff, but I am more interested in the language on the pitch, not just Dele, all of them, all season haven’t been right for well over a year.

I thought Jose could galvanise us...initially he did, but we have wallowed back into bad, bad habits.

to be honest mate the goalkeeper situation at our club is paramount, I long for the day when Hugo is no longer between our sticks, another player who destroys our collective confidence is Aurier, he has to go whatever the hit may be.

As a club we should have so much to be thankful and optimistic for, but their is something dreadful happening to all of us...the lack of buzz and fight in watching our boys in lillywhite.

we can talk about managers and injuries, but their will come a time to kill this ‘feeling sorry for ourselves meteorology’ and like you mate, a beacon of positivity...I long for the fudging day!

Agreed mate.

With regards to the keeper, again I agree. I did not see him taking the post-match interview tonight. As our skipper and "senior pro" I would expect it.

Putting aside my concerns about Mourinho as a coach, I don't know. I think that our primary issue right now, other than our best two forwards being injured, is confidence. A full pre-season, a fit squad and a few additions could change a lot.

Confidence is everything in life, needs desire and passion to boot. Agree with that, we need to shift a fair few players though.

I think this a no lose job for jose,
If it fails he can walk away and blame Levy.
Champagne ambition with lemonade budget.
Jose won't be like any other of our past managers, he wont shrink I to the background and keep his mouth shut.

I think it's a huge job for him, if he fails, and I mean that by his own standards, thats it, he'll probably never manage a proper football team again, he'll retire to international football.

I hate the budget narrative, he's been backed with two really good signings so far, longer term, every manager under ENIC has been given funds commensurate with our situation and we have continuously improved.

He's the most successful active manager in the sport, if he's not suitable for us we're not suitable for football.

I look at the squad, and I'm fudging furious with most of them, but on metrics and ceiling, who the hell could we improve on them with?
He will add some players and that’s what will make a difference
We played tonight with a team arguably missing 6 starters. You get 4 of them back (there will always be injuries) and maybe add 3/4 more players of the right quality and it’s a much much better picture
I’ve seen so many games lately since the Villa game and you can see that with one striker we would have won them...and were not missing some average players were missing some record signings and two players who would arguably get in any side in the world

it will come down to the same old thing. He will need the backing he wants from Levy.

Of course but I think that we are also over reacting a little about the quality of the squad. We do need to rebuild but I think that it is important to remember that you are never as bad as you think after a loss or as good as you think after a win.

Because I don't agree with you I have an agenda or I'm trolling? You know what, get the fudge down from your pedal stool for once.

I don't believe Alli's on-field behaviour is conducive to an effective squad. I don't believe his constant bagging out of team mates is going to create a harmonious team atmosphere.

Also his fudging performances aren't good enough to allow him this perceived position of superiority/blame exemption.

His off field issues are a whoole seperate concern which I won't delve into, but the prick needs to have a long hard look in the mirror before blaming anyone else.

These are my views, I wish you'd respect them.

It isn't a pedal stool when you can simply see further than somebody else.

As for the last bit, I'm sorry to disappoint on this particular subject. Many's the time I agree with you/find agreeement and respect your views. On this specific subject, I cannot. Apologies for that. I think you're wrong. I don't expect you to respect that BTW.

Because I don't agree with you I have an agenda or I'm trolling? You know what, get the fudge down from your pedal stool for once.

I don't believe Alli's on-field behaviour is conducive to an effective squad. I don't believe his constant bagging out of team mates is going to create a harmonious team atmosphere.

Also his fudging performances aren't good enough to allow him this perceived position of superiority/blame exemption.

His off field issues are a whoole seperate concern which I won't delve into, but the prick needs to have a long hard look in the mirror before blaming anyone else.

These are my views, I wish you'd respect them.

I think you’ve got him all wrong. Hopefully one day he does enough for you to realise.

I want players on the pitch gonad*ing other players.

He covers the most ground of any of our players.

Perfectly good goal scoring record this season until Kane and Son got injured.

Back