• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Spurs vs Leipzig***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, so the game is gone baring a Bale moment.

So id go second half the same way I'd go next season (with the current availability)

Tanganga
Alder
Dier
Verts

GLC
Winks

Sessegnon
Dele
Moura

Parrot

Aurier can do one
Lamela doesn't have fitness for anything more than a squad number

They were no better under the previous coach who master minded the best defence in the league for a coupe of seasons
says how they have fallen
And also how the constant individual errors kill teams
We defend like a pub team

I blame the setup and what’s in front. We are wasting a player at CB who could be in front stopping them advance. We are setup to invite them on time and time again.

Ndom for winks, sess for Gedson Lamela for Parrott

Aurier toby Dier Tanganga

Gedson. NDom. Lo Celso. Moura

Alli
Parrott

Thing is he's not allowing a team to settle. No doubt due to injuries and a need to rotate. In defense and midfield, we need to play the same players in the same formation. And for me our midfield needs more bodies. 5 at the back leaves us short in midfield, with 2 players trying to stop 4 attackers.

I agree with all of that but, Hugo for the goals and the careless error strewn defending by the players in front of him, it's rarely seen at this level...Embarrassing..

Thing is he's not allowing a team to settle. No doubt due to injuries and a need to rotate. In defense and midfield, we need to play the same players in the same formation. And for me our midfield needs more bodies. 5 at the back leaves us short in midfield, with 2 players trying to stop 4 attackers.

Spot on. At the end there, one of their lads ran about 30 yards unchallenged because we had no one in front of our back 4. fudging terrible stuff.

Time and again we looked open in midfield.
I agree with all of that but, Hugo for the goals and the careless error strewn defending by the players in front of him, it's rarely seen at this level...Embarrassing..

Hugo, Aurier, Tanganga all could have done better. But neither were simple saves. Hugo will be disappointed he didn't get a stronger hand to both, but not all keepers would get anything on those powerful shots.

Some of our problems are due to the way we are set up, but not all of it. Poor execution of the basic skills is killing us. Control, pass, move, track your man, stay goal side of your man. It's a simple game really.

It looks like we haven't been coached in about 18 months. Nobody in midfield tracking their runners. The forwards look like strangers, no link-up play between them.

It's really damning for the defence when Dier has been out for the best part of two years and is our best defender. Toby is finished, struggling to get back in position every time.

Every big game Lloris makes a big mistake or two. Not sure how he is still captain either, Dier is the only one on the pitch that has a hint of leadership about him.

Add in a shocking ref display...

He has the ability to keep the ball and make things happen. I'd gamble. Worse? It cannot be fudging worse than this. I'd rather get smashed trying to play proper fudging football than this embarrassing, insipid and feeble brick.
We're not that bad. We look a bit toothless in the final third, but we've been close several times.

We're not even defending all that badly, just keep making individual errors.

They've been better, they're a functioning unit, we're not. But if Lloris was the keeper he once was this would still be level on the night, never mind the string of errors at the back.

This will be ridiculously difficult. We obviously need the next goal. It could be all over at any moment. Chucking Ndombele on is a decent plan, give him a chance to respond.

They were no better under the previous coach who master minded the best defence in the league for a coupe of seasons
says how they have fallen
And also how the constant individual errors kill teams
We defend like a pub team

They got Poch an up and coming manager, the sack.. Now they're going for the big one, a two time CL winning manager...

Back