• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At this moment, with the investment we have made, we need to man-manage Ndombele through the rest of the season and see if the talent that is there can show up.

I agree, terrible to have to take that route as he should be able to do it for himself, but given what we don't know, we should be careful.

He's the one pretty much every team in Europe wanted. I've blamed Poch for a lot of stuff but if Ndombele fails, that's not on him or Levy.

Errr don't think so. If any of our rivals seriously wanted him they would have blown us out of the water on wages alone.

He can blame NDombele all he wants but if LoCelso was playing instead of him in that narrow 523 in first half we would still have created sweet fudge all.
The difference second half was the move to 4231. Instead of Burnley leaving all the space in world out wide and playing really narrow knowing only Vertonghen and Tanganga were out there, they had to deal with Lucas and Bergwijn wide. McNeill and Hendrick had to go cover them. This left space in the middle for our midfield two to play football.

Of course the "Jose" cult will lap it all up.

At this moment, with the investment we have made, we need to man-manage Ndombele through the rest of the season and see if the talent that is there can show up.

I agree, terrible to have to take that route as he should be able to do it for himself, but given what we don't know, we should be careful.

Is that what Jose said - an answer to the post above - or your opinion?

Dont agree with Jose slamming player in public

1 - Destroy's player's confidence
2 - Problems start
3 - Reduces value of player in case Spurs wants to sell

there wasn't a midfielder within 10 yards of the 20 yards of open space that the ball was played into. For me, Skipp being closest needed to be moving not ball-watching.

So don't efffing head it there then . He was under no pressure at all.

I'd not disagree but he should keep comments inhouse.
I like managers that protect players publicly. Mourinho never has so, well, yeah...

I hadn’t seen Jose’s post match comments when I posted my reply

I think he’s at his wits end with the player, like a large number of fans

He’s a fat waster atm

Ndombele thrown under the bus by Jose in the post-match interview. Brutal.

Good, time to being a soft touch of a club.

Dont agree with Jose slamming player in public

1 - Destroy's player's confidence
2 - Problems start
3 - Reduces value of player in case Spurs wants to sell

1. He’s prob tried every thing else
2. The players already a problem
3. We won’t get near to the outlay of him any way. It looks like we tinkled money up the wall.

He said “someone needs to realise this is the Premier League.” He intimidated that everything changed for the better when Ndombele went off. Said that “the player” needs to decide what he wants and that he needs to work harder in training.

Along those lines - going from memory.

To be fair it might be what he needs. I think he’s got the ability to be a special player but he’s not taking his chances when he gets a start.
He had a little dig a Ndombele earlier on in the season about his fitness (or commitment, depending how you looked at it) and he had a good game when selected against Norwich.

Maybe this is the way to handle him, or it may well end up as the only approach left to try and get something out if him.

You'd rather it be kept in house, but Jose doesn't suffer fools gladly and when (in his eyes) he's at the end of his tether, this will happen.

I hadn’t seen Jose’s post match comments when I posted my reply

I think he’s at his wits end with the player, like a large number of fans

He’s a fat waster atm

Good, time to being a soft touch of a club.

1. He’s prob tried every thing else
2. The players already a problem
3. We won’t get near to the outlay of him any way. It looks like we tinkled money up the wall.

How about doing your own thinking and not jumping on NDombele because Mourinho has decided he was the spacegoat.

If Mourinho came on TV in a post match interview and said we should play in red from now on half of you would be right behind him.

To be fair it might be what he needs. I think he’s got the ability to be a special player but he’s not taking his chances when he gets a start.

I like Ndombele’s passing as he has the vision to play a pass and measures the pace of the ball well with his passes. Unfortunately his work rate is at a minimum and that’s a big issue.

It's rarely the right approach to do this. But I'm interested to see how it turns out. The lad is clearly not putting it in in a way I've seen from few professionals. If he was just playing brick it'd be harsh to dig him out in public. He could lose the other players who will be thinking "Am I next?"

But if this is what it looks like, I'd imagine the players are tinkled at his attitude too and this might be welcomed as a "he's not going to allow us to tinkle about."

It'll be interesting to see how it works out not just with Ndombele but with the rest of the squad too.

He had a little dig a Ndombele earlier on in the season about his fitness (or commitment, depending how you looked at it) and he had a good game when selected against Norwich.

Maybe this is the way to handle him, or it may well end up as the only approach left to try and get something out if him.

You'd rather it be kept in house, but Jose doesn't suffer fools gladly and when (in his eyes) he's at the end of his tether, this will happen.
Yeah i remember that. I am hoping there is an identified physical issue affecting his effort levels, partly because the alternative is he has a bad attitude and partly because I think he could be one of the best cms in the league!

Back