• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Burnley ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thats as maybe - but Burnley have big hunks up front and it will be an aerial battle not a foot race.

But you've left Sanchez in there who gets caught out by this.

I'm not keen on chopping and changing defenders and formation for the opposition. I'd like Mourinho to work out what his first choice defence is and stick with it. Give them a chance to get used to each other.

I think we reaaaaaally need to rotate and start to transition into next season. Guys are being run into the ground right now, and the team is a mess. We can't keep playing Bergjiwn, Dele, Lucas, Lo Celso, Davinson, Aurier, Winks etc over and over and over.

Guys are going to start breaking down and Jose really needs to rotate this team soon before guys get even more hurt.

I don’t disagree with this. But you do have to ask the question why we were beaten by a Wolves side who played their first competitive game of the season in July, who have had to travel to every far flung corner of Europe on a Thursday, and who have used the same 15 players for almost every game.

Despite all of this they are now above us in the league.

I don’t disagree with this. But you do have to ask the question why we were beaten by a Wolves side who played their first competitive game of the season in July, who have had to travel to every far flung corner of Europe on a Thursday, and who have used the same 15 players for almost every game.

Despite all of this they are now above us in the league.

Rotation is more modern mumbo jumbo, if a player is fit and playing well he should be in the side, only players who are tired or not playing well should be dropped.

This is another must win match for us. We have lost 4 matches in a row in all competitions. We badly need to get back to winning form by beating Burnley in this match. It won't be easy as we have a poor away record this season and we are playing poorly as well. We have a mixed record against Burnley, winning 1 and losing 1 of our last 2 matches. We did lose to Burnley away last season. So, this will be another tough match for us.

With Kane and Son still out injured, we are struggling to score goals. The likes of Moura, Alli, Bergwijn, Lo Celso and Lamela should lift their game to help us get the goals. Moura really needs to be more consistent. Still find it amazing that since scoring the hattrick in the CL semi final, Moura has gone backwards instead of progressing. Not sure if we will ever see the best of Alli again as he doesn't seems to have the right attitude now. Bergwijn has scored 2 goals since joining us but he tends to go missing in games. Wish Lamela will be fully fit to start our matches. He doesn't score many goals but he normally helps others to score. Regardless of where he plays, Lo Celso really should improve his finishing and gets us some goals and assists like Eriksen used to do.

Our midfield continues to be a big problem to us. We are getting outplayed by almost all the teams in midfield this season. Thought Mourinho will give a chance to Wanyama but he has now left for free. Ndombele supposed to have been the answer to our midfield problems but he has become too injury-prone. Wish we still have Dembele. The likes of Winks or Dier are not good enough to compete in the league. Sissoko's injury has really affected us further.

Our defence have really gone backwards this season. Even with Alderweireld and Vertonghen in defence, we tends to get easily panicked whenever we are attacked. Sanchez is too error-prone and is not good enough to start any matches for us. Pochettino did a big blunder by not signing any top quality defenders when he was in charge. Mourinho did the same mistake as well. The injury to Lloris has not helped us as Gazzaniga or Vorms make too many errors. Not sure if we can keep any clean sheets nowadays. So, it will be a miracle if we can stop Burnley scoring in this match.

After losing 4 matches in a row, we badly need to win this match. All the pressure will be on us in this match. Let's hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Burnley and get back into the top 4 race.

But you've left Sanchez in there who gets caught out by this.

I'm not keen on chopping and changing defenders and formation for the opposition. I'd like Mourinho to work out what his first choice defence is and stick with it. Give them a chance to get used to each other.

Sanchez is big and strong and good in the air. He is most caught out with runners imo.

I agree with you (and have said previously that Mourinho should settle on one defensive system, one set of players to play it and give them a prolonged period to settle into that routine. However, injuries to Lloris, Davies, Sessegnon and the general unfitness of Toby and Verts really hasn't allowed him much opportunity to do this. Who would your first choice defence be, given everyone is fit? Mine would be:

..............................Lloris..............................

Aurier..........Sanchez........Toby/Tanganga...........Davies/Verts/Sess

But if you asked everyone to chose their first choice defence, you would get all different answers (see the thread on this).

Consequently, it is hardly surprising that Mourinho can't name his first choice defence at this stage. Every single one of our goalkeepers and defenders has strengths and (unfortunately) more importantly, weaknesses. The simple fact is that there is no-one that is a shoe in for a place in our team among the whole lot of them!!!!!!!

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can overcome our injury problems soon. Can see this being another tense match for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to move up the league table.

Everybody dance now!

Wish we can overcome our injury problems soon. Can see this being another tense match for us. We need to get an early goal to help us settle down and then go for more goals to kill the game off. Let's hope we will put up a good performance and get a convincing win to move up the league table.

Can you PLEASE STOP this dance nonsense.
We have lost 4 games in a row while you are dancing.
Suggest that you dance after the game, IF we win.

Is it right what I heard on the radio today?

That Jose said we can only prioritise one of Burnley or Leipzig and the board will decide which one!?

Back