• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham v Norwich FA Cup ***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I feel angry and disgusted at tonight.
Shocking effort, shocking penalties.
Roll on the summer because I can’t see the rest of this season being anything other than very painful.
Ghod only knows what Leipzig will do to us.
I agree. The pens is a lottery, and normally I have no complaints when people miss penalties, but the way they were missed was shocking! 1 off target and 2 that were so weak, they barely reached the goal! But we should have won the game long before it reached penalties!!

Why the fudge didn't we play like we did after they equalised? We played them almost into their own goal, but only for those last 15 minutes. If we played like that after going 1-0 up, we'd have won by a hatful!
I haven't been this fudging angry in a long time, and the way we tinkle about in games, I can't see where or how, if any, our next win might come.

congratulations to Norwich, they got the job done, but, why the media love in? why the commentary bias? they are bottom of the league, they are brick, playing "nice football" alone doesn't win you points, their manager is an idiot, if they played a lower risk game they'd have more of a chance of staying in the PL, this is just a diversion for them that may actually cost them points in the league

He does excel off Kane, but had Moura bothered to look up twice he'd likely have scored, especially when he was to Moura's left, by the penalty spot having made a run with an open goal in front of him only for PS4 to try and score. Sorry. It must be immensely frustrating to not be playing your favorite role, get into positions and still get absolutely fudged over because of teammates who cannot look up and play football on a regular basis.
Indeed, imagine if we had Kane on the ball in these situations... we’d have been 3-0 up before Vorm had the opportunity to hand Norwich a lifeline!

9FD0F0E7-CDAB-4642-AAB3-58E17BCF11BE.png 169488EA-E13F-43FF-96F1-285FEB2D4C3C.png 4D6CAED3-C863-42B3-9AE5-54033B3DBF1E.png

Last edited:
congratulations to Norwich, they got the job done, but, why the media love in? why the commentary bias? they are bottom of the league, they are brick, playing "nice football" alone doesn't win you points, their manager is an idiot, if they played a lower risk game they'd have more of a chance of staying in the PL, this is just a diversion for them that may actually cost them points in the league
Norwich are a "nice" team. Exactly the sort of side we would have been licking our lips over the past few years. Prob would have smashed them 4-0 but no point crying about the past now.

What a night. So many talking points. My personal view... good on Dier. These clowns think they can say what they want without any come back.
I thought he played well. Skipp played well. Lo Celso of course the usual stand out. Gedson looked very useful when he came on.

Of course things look and feel bleak, but it won't last forever. Most important thing is for us to keep our dignity. We are behaving like a bunch of idiots right now.

TTID

Just gonna add it ain’t the first first time we have lost on penalties to a supposedly inferior side this season
And it isn’t the first time we have been knocked out the cup
It happens
I’d rather go out now than suffer another semi defeat thats for sure

He does excel off Kane, but had Moura bothered to look up twice he'd likely have scored, especially when he was to Moura's left, by the penalty spot having made a run with an open goal in front of him only for PS4 to try and score. Sorry. It must be immensely frustrating to not be playing your favorite role, get into positions and still get absolutely fudged over because of teammates who cannot look up and play football on a regular basis.
Moura 'looking up' is never gonna happen.

Week after week he's like that, plays in his own bubble. I don't dislike him but a team player he will never be.

Explain to me what Gedson did so well, I didn't see it. Will watch for it next I I'd have to watch it
Constantly drove forward, tried to be involved in both phases of play. Won the ball on quite a few occasions and started counters. I saw the 2nd half in small chunks but he was won of the more impressive players I thought. Taking into account I didn't think we played all that badly apart from our worrying habit of retreating into a defensive shell under Jose that hasn't been working.

Any time we actually tried to play, the play seemed fluid but just with obvious caveat of lacking a striker or player whose sole intention is too score goals.

Last edited:
Constantly drove forward, tried to be involved in both passes of play. Win the ball on quite a few occasions and started counters. I saw the 2nd in small chicks but he was won of the more impressive players I thought. Taking into account I didn't think we played all that badly apart from our worrying habit of retreating to a defensive shell under Jose that hasn't been working.

Any time we actually tried to play, the play seemed fluid but just with obvious caveat of lacking a striker or player whose sole intention is too score goals.
Agree with all of that
A big issue was the lack of anyone wanting to go centrally in the box though
That run when winks broke into the area and Dele went backwards to his left rather than into the middle of the area was so typical

Loved sitting on a bus till 4am this morning thinking it was early noughties again and getting into work at half 8....too old for this again. Like Vorm a lot,since early days down here in Swansea,but he's been on the beach last six months why create a situation when it wasn't needed,should have played Gazza especially if penalties were to come into it.

It was amazing the last twenty minutes as if a switch had been triggered,from the comatose style of play for the last seventy minutes we upped the anti just like that,infact we should have started with the side that finished apart from Dele for Parrott. Le Celso,Dier,Skipp played well. As a few people stated better get knocked out now than lose a ninth semi final on the trot....

We've changed players,managers even grounds now and to be honest theirs one thing that hasn't changed over the last one trophy in twenty five years with the most expensive season tickets in the country is Enic...should they consider their position now,thanks for the new training ground and stadium and everything but we do need a different view on where the club is going but who want wants to sell when people keep clicking the turnstiles over and bringing the millions in each week.

Loved sitting on a bus till 4am this morning thinking it was early noughties again and getting into work at half 8....too old for this again. Like Vorm a lot,since early days down here in Swansea,but he's been on the beach last six months why create a situation when it wasn't needed,should have played Gazza especially if penalties were to come into it.

It was amazing the last twenty minutes as if a switch had been triggered,from the comatose style of play for the last seventy minutes we upped the anti just like that,infact we should have started with the side that finished apart from Dele for Parrott. Le Celso,Dier,Skipp played well. As a few people stated better get knocked out now than lose a ninth semi final on the trot....

We've changed players,managers even grounds now and to be honest theirs one thing that hasn't changed over the last one trophy in twenty five years with the most expensive season tickets in the country is Enic...should they consider their position now,thanks for the new training ground and stadium and everything but we do need a different view on where the club is going but who want wants to sell when people keep clicking the turnstiles over and bringing the millions in each week.
Actually I’d argue the biggest change is the fans expectation caused by how w have changed as a club...

this is still a pretty amazing season when i take it into context with all the spurs I've had the pleasure to live through. we used to be really brick. now we're sad we're not elite.it's not great but still - it could be worse.

Back