• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jose Mourinho - SACKED

We signed up the single game expert. A big rep for getting results in one off games (against top 4 rivals).

Now we can’t even see off bottom of the league at home.

Sorry but I reiterate what I’ve said all along since Poch went. How is this going to work?

Didn’t want him as I feel he is yesterday’s man. But he is here now and he needs the summer window at least try and rectify this mess. But he has to be more adaptable and flexible, especially with tactics. This play chicken style of football isn’t utilised by the successful clubs anymore. The best teams all play at a higher intensity, look sharper and most importantly, play on the front foot and take the game to their opponents. We don’t even do that against relegation fodder.

The biggest surprise to me is how we don’t look solid after half a season under Jose. How hard is it for a man famed for building great defensive sides to get a defensive unit to look more solid?

What’s beginning to worry me is that Jose allegedly told the board at interview that he had spent his time away from the game re-thinking his tactical approach. There’s zero evidence so far of that being true. Our only hope at present is that he is currently a victim of circumstance.

I was gutted when Poch left but could see why Levy thought it necessary, not that I agree whole heartedly. I was fairly optimistic with Jose appointment too.
However the performance last night was horrid. Norwich looked like the bigger team and we were just trying to stay solid and hope for an error or a set piece. I know there's injuries but it looks like we're playing with the handbrake on. There was a 10 minute period where we totally dominated after they scored. The sad thing is we did used to play like that.
I'm sad.

We signed up the single game expert. A big rep for getting results in one off games (against top 4 rivals).

Now we can’t even see off bottom of the league at home.

Sorry but I reiterate what I’ve said all along since Poch went. How is this going to work?

The only way Mourinho’s game plan works is if you have the best players. Those that can create something out of nothing. He doesn’t happen a pattern of play to be able to create something.

I didn't want Jose, but was willing to give him a go. But the way we are playing at the moment is absolutely dreadful.

I agree. I've been telling myself that it'll be better next year once we make some changes this summer, but I dont think its unreasonable for a new, experienced manager to have installed a system and way of playing, and one which capitalises on some of the creative players which we have.

In the first half, we actually did press a bit and looked reasonable, but then in the second half we sat back and invited them on to us and looked absolutely terrible. And this was against Norwich. At home.

Why he had lost it at the end, ran the players into the ground till they physically broke down.
And yet still our most successful manager of the last 35 years. He drove the players hard to achieve that. We now have one of the most successful coaches of all time who is doing absolutely no better and coming to the same conclusions about players. I don't get the hate for Poch. He is the only manager in my time who showed he could really cope with Spurs. I guarantee that there is not a manager who would come in and do things differently,w under the constraints we put on Poch, and achieve success.

Last edited:
I shall only even begin to start assessing Jose and a possible negative impact when he is able to play with guys who aren't dead on their feet and have been able to receive sustained weeks of tactical input (actual coaching) from him.
Bergwijn and Winks especially last night looked shot.

And yet still our most successful manager of the last 35 years. He drove the players hard to achieve that. We now have one of the most successful coaches of all time who is doing absolutely no better and coming to the same conclusions about players. I don't get the hate for Poch. He is the only manager in my time who showed he could really cope with Spurs. I guarantee that there is not a manager who would come in and do things differently,w under the constraints we put on Poch, and achieve success.

But he didn't cope, look at the fudging mess he left us in, this is all on him, his legacy is further tainted by each game.

I agree. I've been telling myself that it'll be better next year once we make some changes this summer, but I dont think its unreasonable for a new, experienced manager to have installed a system and way of playing, and one which capitalises on some of the creative players which we have.

In the first half, we actually did press a bit and looked reasonable, but then in the second half we sat back and invited them on to us and looked absolutely terrible. And this was against Norwich. At home.

I don't think the players currently have the physical capacity to do that.

Honestly if Mourinho can't turn this around why do you think Nagelsmann can? Too young, Too inexperienced. Been there with AVB got the t shirt.
Because he is a modern, forward thinking manager, that gets his team playing on the front foot perhaps?

Personally I'd rather Ten Hag, but either would do.

I actually can't stand the manager. I hope he proves me wrong and is successful at Spurs, but I find it uncomfortable dropping off and playing defensive against a poor team like Norwich (who were also without their centre forward)
Maybe the players aren't doing as told.

They've been doing that brick for over a year now - we're marginally better since he got here.

But he didn't cope, look at the fudging mess he left us in, this is all on him, his legacy is further tainted by each game.
The legacy looks worse because we have a manager completely unsuited to the strengths of the squad. Levy panicked instead of giving Pochettino what he deserved (time and funds to address the lack of investment in the squad in the previous 4 years).

Like the guy at Leipzig? You can’t tell me that their players are that much better then ours.

Honestly if Mourinho can't turn this around why do you think Nagelsmann can? Too young, Too inexperienced. Been there with AVB got the t shirt.

You watched the first leg? Either their players are far far better than ours or it’s a coaching thing.

The legacy looks worse because we have a manager completely unsuited to the strengths of the squad. Levy panicked instead of giving Pochettino what he deserved (time and funds to address the lack of investment in the squad in the previous 4 years).

he had plenty of time and plenty of money, he didn't get the performance from the players he did buy and quickly gave up on most of them, he fudged it

Yes of course it is all on him. We were never in a mess before Poch arrived.

even sherwood didn't do as much damage as Poch, who inherited a squad that had finished in the top 5 in 4 of the previous 5 seasons, twice top 4 lets not forget

we were no better under Poch than we were under AVB imo, we were fudging great under both of them when everyone was doing their job properly, the main difference was the strength of the teams around us

Back