• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Wolves

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In fairness, Gerry the Mullet was decent for the first season and a half. Managed to sort out our defence within a couple of weeks with Walker, Austin, Judas, Calderwood and Mabbutt as the cornerstones of it with Howells in front of them. fudge knows why Jose can't do it.
Walker?

He can't throw them under the bus publicly. He'll lose the player, he'll lose the crowd and he'll lose the rest of the squad who'll be asking "will it be me next". That style of management doesnt work. It's just gratifying for a short time. He can have a go in private though and I expect that's what he's doing.

You bring Mourinho in, you do it to tighten your defence and win games. He's not doing it. Losing to Leipzig, Chelsea and Wolves is not acceptable. Not by a long, long way. And I don't buy the "individual mistakes" as the sole reason. Sure they don't help but well organised teams can deal with mistakes and cover them. We did it under Poch when we were solid.

Jose obviously deserves more time and needs to get his own players in. End of next season at least. But so far, he's been little better than a shattered Pochettino.

Solid under Poch?

What season was that then and who was in the starting 11.

Solid under Poch?

What season was that then and who was in the starting 11.

The season Chelsea won the league. We were very solid and had one of the best defences in the league and were unbeaten at home. Think we only lost 4 games all season.

Ditto the season before for the first 34 games.

Sadly we are a team in transition. I think it will take three windows to sort it out. We are so fragile at the moment. We desperately need some steel in the side. Have been saying for ages, we need at least three beasts- a commanding centre half, a solid DM and a bullying centre forward. Without these it will continue to be men against boys.

I think there is something in this. My feeling is that much of what is going on at the moment is about showing Levy how much money is going to need to be spent to put things right.

I think it helps to explain the Parrot situation too. Jose plays Parrot - Parrot scores a few goals - Levy tells Jose in the summer that he has a ready made and proven back-up to Kane. Hence the boy isn't getting a look in.

And ties in with the interviews and pressers about being threadbare. Looks like the players are starting to believe what they were told.

Really don’t see this Jose experiment ending well.

Wolves are a well drilled side, expected a loss today and hoped for a point. We all know this season is a mess just hoping we can get through it and see some signs of improvement before the summer transfer window when JM will get a few quality players in and a settled side formed. It has however been a bit alarming how easy it has been to score against us, one thing I thought he'd definitely have done would be make us hard to beat. Needs at least 5 first teamers for next season with 2 of those central midfielders.

Do you think we have the best man in charge for that job?

As I stated when he was appointed. For me, that’s absolutely not his forte and I will be amazed if he can do it.

Not by a long shot.

Ironic that we probably had the best man for a rebuild already employed a few months ago

Wolves are a well drilled side, expected a loss today and hoped for a point. We all know this season is a mess just hoping we can get through it and see some signs of improvement before the summer transfer window when JM will get a few quality players in and a settled side formed. It has however been a bit alarming how easy it has been to score against us, one thing I thought he'd definitely have done would be make us hard to beat. Needs at least 5 first teamers for next season with 2 of those central midfielders.
Agree with most do what you said but that midfield pairing today was fine and bossed the game
Until we get full backs who can defend we will always have problems wide

Do you think we have the best man in charge for that job?

As I stated when he was appointed. For me, that’s absolutely not his forte and I will be amazed if he can do it.

In all honesty I wonder if even Churchill could raise our rabble to exhibit anything other than cowardice and indifference.

pre season and window is huge, we should have an answer ish by late September/October.

And ties in with the interviews and pressers about being threadbare. Looks like the players are starting to believe what they were told.

Really don’t see this Jose experiment ending well.

it won't..we might win the FA cup if were lucky but I cant even see that happening!
Leeking goals the way we are is Jose,s fault...he,s the coach!

We have to get some confidence and belief from somewhere.

I,m not so sure about our recent signings either, the jury,s still out..
Lo Celso looks good. Ndombele is 60 mill down the drain is,nt it?

That was a great example of a Wolves tacoting - we are not beyond such thing!
Wolves are great to watch we are performing at 75% effectiveness.
2-3 a fair result!

Back