• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I wouldn't be too sure. If it catches hold it will spread countrywide quickly for a number of reasons. One being that medical costs are so high there as to stop people even going for checkups. Infections will go undetected and unreported. Another is they can't lock down cities and stop movement in the same way the Chinese did with Wuhan (which failed anyway). The good old boys with their pickups full of guns especially won't like being told to stay put. And another is that Trump has dismantled all the pandemic related programs because Obama set them up.

I see Trump is throwing the Pence shaped human meat shield in front of the coronavirus bus to take the flak for when it all goes wrong. That gormless fudge Pence will only make things worse if past experince is anything to go by. I honestly think it is going get very messy over there, but maybe thoughts and prayers will stop it.
It's only the flu

It's only the flu
not-sure-if-serious-gif.gif

I wouldn't be too sure. If it catches hold it will spread countrywide quickly for a number of reasons. One being that medical costs are so high there as to stop people even going for checkups. Infections will go undetected and unreported. Another is they can't lock down cities and stop movement in the same way the Chinese did with Wuhan (which failed anyway). The good old boys with their pickups full of guns especially won't like being told to stay put. And another is that Trump has dismantled all the pandemic related programs because Obama set them up.

I see Trump is throwing the Pence shaped human meat shield in front of the coronavirus bus to take the flak for when it all goes wrong. That gormless fudge Pence will only make things worse if past experince is anything to go by. I honestly think it is going get very messy over there, but maybe thoughts and prayers will stop it.

He will blame it on the Chinese and use it to start another trade war

He will blame it on the Chinese and use it to start another trade war
Maybe but that won't help the economy too much, which is the only thing he is really worried about. Once the economy goes south he'll have no fallback message for the election (no true one anyway).

The Democratic party establishment pulling out all the stops to prevent Sanders from winning. Several candidates dropping out and endorsing Biden just in time for super Tuesday. Four more years of Trump and a split of the Democratic party looking likely. The Republicans are gonna fudge that country over so bad. Abortion laws will be back on the agenda once they've gotten another right wing judge on the supreme court.

The Democratic party establishment pulling out all the stops to prevent Sanders from winning. Several candidates dropping out and endorsing Biden just in time for super Tuesday. Four more years of Trump and a split of the Democratic party looking likely. The Republicans are gonna fudge that country over so bad. Abortion laws will be back on the agenda once they've gotten another right wing judge on the supreme court.

I dont understand how, as such a powerful group of politicians, the Democrats haven't been able to tell Sanders to 'bugger off' by now. After tinkling them off last time they have had years to find a way of stopping him running again no!?

I'm not saying I am anti-Sanders (I dont know anything about any of the candidates, other than Biden is a c**t) but how have they not managed to get their brick together after all this time and get behind a decent alternative to Trump!?

I dont understand how, as such a powerful group of politicians, the Democrats haven't been able to tell Sanders to 'bugger off' by now. After tinkling them off last time they have had years to find a way of stopping him running again no!?

I'm not saying I am anti-Sanders (I dont know anything about any of the candidates, other than Biden is a c**t) but how have they not managed to get their brick together after all this time and get behind a decent alternative to Trump!?

The DNC is not really what we think of as a political party. It's mostly a campaign organization and anyone who wants can run for them. In quite a few states you don't even have to be a member to vote in the primaries.

Obviously those already on the gravy train don't want to see change. The Republicans are the dark masters at rigging the system to keep the elite in power, but the democrats are just as bad when it comes to being slaves to corporate funding.

Warren is still in with a slim chance. Polls show that she was 2nd choice for a lot of voters, including those voters for Buttigieg and Klobuchar. She won't get a plurality of delegates but it looks unlikely that any candidate will. And I doubt if she's be in the top two either today but will do pretty well in some of the big states, and might have enough delegates to position herself as Sanders running mate down the road. Whether that will be enough to counterbalance the moderates pilling in behind Biden, who knows. Sanders, and for that matter Biden, might not even make it through one term so the VP candidate this time is quite likely to be a future president.I think that's why the other other mod candidates are giving Biden so much love. Pick me pick me!!

Warren is still in with a slim chance. Polls show that she was 2nd choice for a lot of voters, including those voters for Buttigieg and Klobuchar. She won't get a plurality of delegates but it looks unlikely that any candidate will. And I doubt if she's be in the top two either today but will do pretty well in some of the big states, and might have enough delegates to position herself as Sanders running mate down the road. Whether that will be enough to counterbalance the moderates pilling in behind Biden, who knows. Sanders, and for that matter Biden, might not even make it through one term so the VP candidate this time is quite likely to be a future president.I think that's why the other other mod candidates are giving Biden so much love. Pick me pick me!!

I think a lot depends on how many votes Bloomberg is able to buy.

labourpartysayshi

If there is one thing this thread has taught me, it's how little the majority of British people know about America. Truly clueless.
The majority of the world, Americans included, share the views in this thread.

But you're right, i for one does not know much about the USA. You do manage to appear like a bunch of clowns, so maybe you need to project yourselves differently.

Sent fra min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Back