• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

This boards view on *alleged* racist behaviour

Last edited:
They've just stuck up for him on BBC Breakfast. It doesn't help in the fight against racism black players face, they reckon. No mention of him making stuff up undermining real racism and that he accused, falsely, a huge amount of people of being the dreaded R word.

We don't know that he made stuff up. The police and club couldn't find evidence to support his claims, that's different from saying that it didn't happen.

They've just stuck up for him on BBC Breakfast. It doesn't help in the fight against racism black players face, they reckon. No mention of him making stuff up undermining real racism and that he accused, falsely, a huge amount of people of being the dreaded R word.

I think whether the crowd is racist is surely a matter of perspective, not one which can be objectively decided?

I mean, I don't think I'd be wildly away from the mark with the statement "Most black Britons feel they live in a racist country". If that is true, then from that perspective, surely most of the crowd at football matches are racist, and Rudiger hasn't undermined any fight against real racism. I'm a spurs fan for gods sake and I think it's more likely it happened than it didn't.

We don't know that he made stuff up. The police and club couldn't find evidence to support his claims, that's different from saying that it didn't happen.
That's a bit like saying you can't disprove GHod. Whilst in a strictly logical sense you can't, you can use the fact that it's so overwhelmingly unlikely that referring to it as entirely made up is a very good approximation.

What's a more interesting question for me, is whether he's a mistaken clam or a lying clam. The fact that he keeps bringing this brick up is making me lean towards the latter.

You don't believe in the principle of innocent until proven guilty?

How many people in the crowd, and stewards in front of them, would hear it, in order for Rudiger to be able to hear it? It would have to be a lot. Nothing picked up on TV sound?
Has there been an actual Police statement?

He's a cheat full stop and what he did to Son....we all saw how he reacted on the pitch ,giving it the eye when he was on the floor,waiting for the ref to decide what to do,and just to cover himself and for his actions he gets the race card out and even now he brings it up,people give him the bird because he's a cheater full stop... the race thing doesn't come into it at all .

Not one bit of evidence has proven his accusations...nothing....why doesn't he come out and apologise and say he was wrong ,he be applauded for that stance and he may also think in not being such a taco in the meantime in trying to get fellow professionals sent off...

How many people in the crowd, and stewards in front of them, would hear it, in order for Rudiger to be able to hear it? It would have to be a lot. Nothing picked up on TV sound?
Has there been an actual Police statement?

Ah, but he deals with that in the interview. Unlike the Cheatski fans who reported one of their own fan's racial abuse of Son, all those Tottenham fans you refer to heard it but did nothing, didn't report it. So anyone who was nearby this seemingly non-existent incident is also racist now.

Ah, but he deals with that in the interview. Unlike the Cheatski fans who reported one of their own fan's racial abuse of Son, all those Tottenham fans you refer to heard it but did nothing, didn't report it. So anyone who was nearby this seemingly non-existent incident is also racist now.
We should send him a tinfoil hat for his birthday on behalf of all Spurs fans, the TV companies, the Met Police, Spurs and everyone else involved in the conspiracy.

I don't blame Rudiger for wanting to tackle racism. If there is racism at our stadium, be it from our fans or the opposition fans, it should be dealt with, swiftly.

However, what I react to here is his absolute total lack of willingness to even consider the slightest possibility that he may have misheard/misunderstood. And what's more, I react to the medias total lack of backbone to ask the question to him.
"Mr. Rudiger, is it a possiblity that you misheard the "cheats"-chants for monkey-noises?" He can then either say why he clearly did not, or say that it is a chance, however slight the chance may be in his view.

But this is such a minefield for the media that they will never do that. Even if it had been to his benefit.
If only just to remove the speculation and seeding ground for this rubbish kind of discussions.

I think whether the crowd is racist is surely a matter of perspective, not one which can be objectively decided?

I mean, I don't think I'd be wildly away from the mark with the statement "Most black Britons feel they live in a racist country". If that is true, then from that perspective, surely most of the crowd at football matches are racist, and Rudiger hasn't undermined any fight against real racism. I'm a spurs fan for gods sake and I think it's more likely it happened than it didn't.

If it happened I fail to see how CCTV (and you’d have to imagine ours is amongst the best in-stadium CCTV in the world - after all, it was able to pick up the racist comments towards Son from the Chelsea fan) didn’t show up any racist comments in the area Rudiger indicated, despite being scrutinised by the club and the police.

If it happened I fail to see how CCTV (and you’d have to imagine ours is amongst the best in-stadium CCTV in the world - after all, it was able to pick up the racist comments towards Son from the Chelsea fan) didn’t show up any racist comments in the area Rudiger indicated, despite being scrutinised by the club and the police.

Did CCTV pick up on the abuse towards Son? I haven't heard anything more about that other than racist abuse was reported and someone was arrested. I don't know what happened beyond that, and whether there was enough evidence for the to be charged? I am suspecting not as it would have been a big thing I'd have thought?

Did CCTV pick up on the abuse towards Son? I haven't heard anything more about that other than racist abuse was reported and someone was arrested. I don't know what happened beyond that, and whether there was enough evidence for the to be charged? I am suspecting not as it would have been a big thing I'd have thought?
Yeah a guy was charged im sure
Rudiger is even using that as part of his argument

Back