• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Fight for Europa

Status
Not open for further replies.
City are about to appeal.

Which IMO will see them wriggle it down to a warning and suspended ban.

I was not really talking about that, though I agree with you.

Pep does not want to be there anymore the defence is creaking.

Dont for one second think that I think we are particularly good as I dont, yet. But second is in reach. Much like last season no one wanted 4th.

City are about to appeal.

Which IMO will see them wriggle it down to a warning and suspended ban.

I really hope it doesn’t as if they can pay their way out of this then it makes my favourite buttplug of any related rulings. Why penalise someone for FFP and related fraud, then allow them to use money (that stretches their apparently fictional budget), to get themselves out of it. No, this is one ban that really has to stand or the rules and potential sanctions will forever be ignored by all clubs from here as they know if they pay enough any penalty can be overturned.

Neville and Wenger being wheeled out for derisory quotes on sky sports news tonight, as if to infer complicity from their respective club allegiancies I can only imagine. This is fudging desperate brick.

I really hope it doesn’t as if they can pay their way out of this then it makes my favourite buttplug of any related rulings. Why penalise someone for FFP and related fraud, then allow them to use money (that stretches their apparently fictional budget), to get themselves out of it. No, this is one ban that really has to stand or the rules and potential sanctions will forever be ignored by all clubs from here as they know if they pay enough any penalty can be overturned.

I think this is going to be a stand/principle issue

- Very big difference between exceeding FFP guidelines vs.
- Specifically committing Fraud to get past FFP guidelines

If they are found guilty and get past appeals, not only is it likely that it will stick, the FA/EPL will have to step in as well (there is an article that suggest they could face expulsion from PL because of the severity of the implications of outright fraud)

If they are found guilty and get past appeals, not only is it likely that it will stick, the FA/EPL will have to step in as well (there is an article that suggest they could face expulsion from PL because of the severity of the implications of outright fraud)

David Conn (who has been reporting on this for a couple of years) on The Guardian football podcast gives a good explanation of it all - explains how City are being done for lying, not for the actual financial side of it all. As such, he seems to think it will be difficult to wriggle out of.

David Conn (who has been reporting on this for a couple of years) on The Guardian football podcast gives a good explanation of it all - explains how City are being done for lying, not for the actual financial side of it all. As such, he seems to think it will be difficult to wriggle out of.

Only correction I'd make is .. lying = fraud when it comes to financials :)

Then that should be what happens. If City get away with it then it sets a dangerous precedent that all teams can commit fraud as long as they’re willing to pay off the legal system when they are caught. So then what is the point in rules if they can be so easily disregarded?

Can’t see us making up 11 points on City - or even 10 points on Leicester. I’d snatch your hand off now for 4th.

After all the panic, wailing and nashing of teeth that we saw on here by some a few months back i would think 4th would send some into ecstasy. :)

If son is out for the season I might have to revise where we finish up.

Next few league games will be telling. I would try to get Sessegnon into the team. I know he is low on confidence but the lad has a shot on him.

Sheff Utd dropping two points at home to Brighton is helpful. You could argue that we'd perhaps have expected to get a point today and Sheff Utd win, and therefore they've dropped more than us this weekend.

Could do with Man U and Wolves also screwing up tomorrow

As poor as a lot of other teams around us also are, I have a bad feeling about us getting CL next season. Our biggest chance IMO is a Leicester collapse or City actually being banned/fifth place being enough to qualify.

As poor as a lot of other teams around us also are, I have a bad feeling about us getting CL next season. Our biggest chance IMO is a Leicester collapse or City actually being banned/fifth place being enough to qualify.

Both seem to be happening.

We have no chance of catching Leicester...do the maths.

We have no chance of catching Leicester...do the maths.

Agreed. Closing 10 points over 11 games seems highly unlikely, particularly given we're not exactly massively convincing ourselves at the moment

We need the Man C ban to stand, and also get Kane back for the start of April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back