• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Spurs v Villa

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I need to write after watching that. Its so stressful these days watching spurs. We give any team a chance. How shocking were Villa though in defense. We really should have had about 5 goal today or maybe more. Some decent goal keeping from Reina but most of the shots were right down the middle. That penalty from son was awful as well. Seems he wants the keeper to move, but if he does not he goes left. He needs to change that up if we get another penalty.

It was a weird game. The front 4 rotated around and we gave them so many problems with the man in down the side. Dier, what can I say about Dier. Townsend described it perfectly when he said that both he and Drinkwater are plodding around games. Hesitant and slow to re-act. But its not his speed. There was one moment where Davies got done and Dier chased down their Right Winger. So he still has the foot speed. He just looks like the energy isn't there. The instant re-action has gone.

The Own Goal. Everyone seems to be blaming Toby. Yes he hesitated, but its in the 6 yard box. Hugo is closer to when it bounces when the cross starts but hesitates and then retreats. He looked awful on all the crosses coming in today. Oh for the day of an Erik The Viking when he would just claim everything.

Was Sad to see Tanganga on the bench. Davies is slow and got done more than once. We could have done with Japhet's height and aggression for corners today. I thought Winks had a good game and was all over and showed his pace and energy. The game was gagging for Lo Celso to come on earlier than he did.

We won. Thats the main point. But we got done in possession again. Look so open in defence and we are missing so many chances. We did deserve to win today though.

Is Grealish that creative ? he makes things happen carrying the ball but not sure he’s a creator as such. Don’t think he’d be as effective in a better side. As teams tend to go at Villa leaving space for him to run into.

Against better teams a player like Maddison would be a better option imo.

Moot point as this minute as we need to work with what we’ve got
He has the most assist in the league I think behind de Bruyne

Different roles though Grealish (creative cm) and Maddison (goal scoring am)?

Agree, though I think Graelish can play high up too.

His attacking stats have been excellent this season. And watching him play, he's very impressive.

Literally the only group I know who haven't been impressed by him this season are some Spurs fans, often correlating heavily with those who most steadfastly mocked his attempted signing during the summer of no signings.

I do feel probably the boat has sailed though. At this point, where would he play? We have other priorities now.

Looks evident at the moment that they are playing for themselves over the team all our forwards guilty of it. It’s about the collective but past few games they’ve clearly refused to put each other in with a simple pass

We've got a forward line of pacy direct players, playing on the counter attack and with no one to play off. What are you expecting?

Grealish is definitely creative, I like the way he demands the ball and is always on it, even for a poor team like Villa. He’s a proper playmaker in that sense. I wouldn’t swap Lo Celso for him though and Maddison is a bit better I reckon. All three are good enough for our squad I reckon.

We've got a forward line of pacy direct players, playing on the counter attack and with no one to play off. What are you expecting?

To get their head up and pick the correct pass? Rather than running into 3 or more players and turning the ball over . That’s basic stuff.

Direct or not no excuses for some of the greediness in the final third .

To get their head up and pick the correct pass? Rather than running into 3 or more players and turning the ball over . That’s basic stuff.

Direct or not no excuses for some of the greediness in the final third .

It's never been part of Son or Moura's game and I don't think that they can learn it now. They are instinctive players, there are plenty of upsides but one downsides is that they rarely play other forwards in.

We also have a manager who doesn't work on attacking moves in training, so it is unlikely that we are doing anything to change it.

The issue today is that Lo Celso didn't start, he's the man to break the lines and lay a ball off.

Part of their game or not it’s frustrating to see and detrimental to the team at times.

Lo Celso should be starting as much as possible but I suppose the return from injury has dictated that today. Two huge games coming up

I was disappointed to see Lo Celso and Ndombele left out. And Gedson, I think that kid has a lot of pep.

Perhaps they weren't fit.

Or Perhaps Mou Mou is saving them for the CL / Cheatski games.

It will be very interesting to see what Mou does next.

Note he went to 442 second half, because Grealish was getting way too much time in the first half. Good to see a manager make a change like that. He did leave some exhausted players on the pitch though, strangely. Probably trying to make a point.

Barring a STUPID mistake from Engels in the last 30 seconds, we do not win. But I guess that is on the forwards, and their laughably atrocious decision making.

Worrying that Ndombele wasn't involved at all... Do we start to panic if he's not starting mid-week?

Was at the Southampton cup replay and he looked total brick. I've never see a player live at a game that looked so lazy, lumbering and utterly knackered right from the kick off. He was incredibly lazy in defence too and let some average players glide past him as if he was an overweight, asthmatic 12 year old kid.

I think he might well be £50m odd down the toilet. Before seeing him live i was clambering for him to be in the side. Now, I can see there is no way he can play. He's a complete liability.

So Greilish watch, had a lot of the ball, Villa put everything through him, but ultimately he did fudge all and lost to a 2 out of 10 Spurs performance.
That's why I think he'll end up at West Ham. The only role he can play is big fish in a brick-stained puddle because nobody else would accept him hitting 25 pot shots per match and scoring 1 in every 250 of them.

Whilst Lo Celso does look decent I’m not so sure he’s a better player
He can play deeper and is less virtuoso which I think suits us better. You could arguably Grealish to the squad but I don't feel he's a player that takes what we have to the next level at this point. Before we added Lo Celso, Ndombele and Gedson I would have said differently.

To be fair he made them tick and they were all over us in patches, he made toby look like a Sunday league footballer on more than 1 occasion and was unlucky not to get an assists. If he was in a spurs shirt and performed like that i feel your opinion may have changed.
Toby made Toby look like a Sunday League footballer.

Back