• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

My first trip to the Lane this season. Bar 3 away games I've been busy with my own personal development project:)

Have to say, it just as good as I remember it. For viewing sport it's gotta be unequalled, what an arena.

I was up there early but even at just before 3 the Beehive was 4-5 deep at the bar, (for some reason still just fancy doing the pub before games) so I thought let's just get inside the south stand and get a few beers that way. Easy to get served for food and drink. That bench terracing in the market place is great, bank of TVs, rugby on, Gooners on plenty of chat. Even stayed after for a Tottenham pizza and more drink...all served in seconds as well.

Last season appeared manic in there but now it's a great experience.

Question for the regulars - does the old 'Park Lane/Shelf Side' call and response still happen at the new gaff?

As a kid, it was always one of my favorites - didn't catch it at the Chelsea game, and I'm wondering if it's even considered valid by the regulars at the new ground.

Question for the regulars - does the old 'Park Lane/Shelf Side' call and response still happen at the new gaff?

As a kid, it was always one of my favorites - didn't catch it at the Chelsea game, and I'm wondering if it's even considered valid by the regulars at the new ground.
Still happens....
And for no apparent reasons can go on forever ....if we feel like it.

It's a goodun to crank the atmosphere back up.

Still happens....
And for no apparent reasons can go on forever ....if we feel like it.

It's a goodun to crank the atmosphere back up.
Does it go all the way around with Paxton and posh side as well, or is it only Shelf and park lane? Would be awsome if it regularly went around the whole stadium!

Does it go all the way around with Paxton and posh side as well, or is it only Shelf and park lane? Would be awsome if it regularly went around the whole stadium!

Against Norwich, I heard the Paxton getting involved a few times. Quite good when it rolls around.

Against Norwich, I heard the Paxton getting involved a few times. Quite good when it rolls around.

It never really rolls around. The Paxton sing at the same time as the Shelf. There’s never a gap between Park Lane and Shelf renditions and whilst it sounds loud if you’re in the Paxton it probably isn’t to the rest of the ground most of the time.

It never really rolls around. The Paxton sing at the same time as the Shelf. There’s never a gap between Park Lane and Shelf renditions and whilst it sounds loud if you’re in the Paxton it probably isn’t to the rest of the ground most of the time.
I think shelf side and park Lane are partially to blame, as park lane automatically starts singing again as soon as shelf side is done. Maybe they should try and help/persuade Paxton and the West Side, by singing their lines as well in the beginning? That way I'm sure people would catch on, and we could get it rolling, so to say.

I think shelf side and park Lane are partially to blame, as park lane automatically starts singing again as soon as shelf side is done. Maybe they should try and help/persuade Paxton and the West Side, by singing their lines as well in the beginning? That way I'm sure people would catch on, and we could get it rolling, so to say.

‘Paxton, give us a song’ would probably work now and not be met with a wall of silence like at old WHL.

Back