• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tanguy Ndombele

I'm honestly quite baffled at people actually saying N'Dombele is a disaster - whaaat?! What planet do you live on? He's been out injured, isn't quite up to speed yet, needs a bit of time to settle - but the talent on show is just beyond ridiculous - he's doing things with a football I haven't seen from many players before. There are bits of both Modric and Dembele in him. His first touch is unbelievable, he's got quickness and vision (he sees things most players don't and executes before you're even able to call it from the armchair), great passing, he's got a great burst of pace. I do agree that he looks unfit and doesn't quite have the stamina to last a full game - but of all the shortcomings of a footballer, a lack of stamina/fitness must surely be the best one - we know that can be trained fairly easily.
They want athletes like Sissoko with very little footballing ability. [emoji2367]

They want athletes like Sissoko with very little footballing ability. [emoji2367]
Or maybe they want players who are blessed with talent to just give their all on the pitch to make the most of it.

I think that physically Ndombele has everything to make it as a brilliant player in the PL, I am a trifle concerned with application so far though. It seems that he doesn't really relish a physical battle and I think teams have realised that quite early on and look to put in a couple of fouls early on and then watch him go into his shell. Hopefully he can come through that like Robert Pires did at Arsenal. As I think he could be just as good a player for us Pires was for them.

We want players who are at least able to complete games for our team after moving here 6 months ago!
Injuries happen but this guy just doesn't look like he can cope with tackling, this is and he looks very unusual.

Or maybe they want players who are blessed with talent to just give their all on the pitch to make the most of it.

I think that physically Ndombele has everything to make it as a brilliant player in the PL, I am a trifle concerned with application so far though. It seems that he doesn't really relish a physical battle and I think teams have realised that quite early on and look to put in a couple of fouls early on and then watch him go into his shell. Hopefully he can come through that like Robert Pires did at Arsenal. As I think he could be just as good a player for us Pires was for them.

But who is to say he didn't give all that he could yesterday? Remember the manager specifically stated that he is not at fully fit and could not manage a whole match.

We want players who are at least able to complete games for our team after moving here 6 months ago!
Injuries happen but this guy just doesn't look like he can cope with tackling, this is and he looks very unusual.

Looks may well be deceiving. His tackling and interception stats are directly comparable to the rest of our midfield better in fact than most.

I don't get the sense in piling in on a player early into their time at the the club on their slow return from injury especially one who has already demonstrated his talent. It just seems remarkably premature to make any sort of judgement either way as yet.

It that's just my take on it.

My concern is that he looks like he still isn’t quite trusting his body not to breakdown again. Yes he’s not playing at full pelt yet but he will get there. Can’t wait to see more NDombele and Lo Celso
Excuse me, but WHAT? He looks like he's not trusting his body? WTF... That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen. Exactly how does that look? Please make a video and explain! It'll be hilarious!

I'm honestly quite baffled at people actually saying N'Dombele is a disaster - whaaat?! What planet do you live on? He's been out injured, isn't quite up to speed yet, needs a bit of time to settle - but the talent on show is just beyond ridiculous - he's doing things with a football I haven't seen from many players before. There are bits of both Modric and Dembele in him. His first touch is unbelievable, he's got quickness and vision (he sees things most players don't and executes before you're even able to call it from the armchair), great passing, he's got a great burst of pace. I do agree that he looks unfit and doesn't quite have the stamina to last a full game - but of all the shortcomings of a footballer, a lack of stamina/fitness must surely be the best one - we know that can be trained fairly easily.
Can't be many on here calling him a disaster.

I'm quite worried about his defensive work. He wasn't tracking runners and didn't really press with the team against Southampton. We've seen similar before.

The talent is there, no doubt. He has the ability to be a top class player. He needs to show the determination and discipline of a top class player to become one.

The Athletic reported in a rather good article highlighting the positives and concerns that he's been given his own fitness regime. Hopefully it's just a question of fitness and that will be resolved. If it's a question of attitude that will often be harder to fix, though far from impossible.

I'm more than happy for him to be given time, but right now it looks like he'll need quite a bit of time.

Excuse me, but WHAT? He looks like he's not trusting his body? WTF... That's one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen. Exactly how does that look? Please make a video and explain! It'll be hilarious!
What a ridiculous reply. A little dramatic no?
It’s just my impression that he’s not going full pelt because of this adductor injury he supposedly had. Does he not look like he’s holding back?
Please make a video... what’s wrong with you... bloody hell

Can't be many on here calling him a disaster.

I'm quite worried about his defensive work. He wasn't tracking runners and didn't really press with the team against Southampton. We've seen similar before.

The talent is there, no doubt. He has the ability to be a top class player. He needs to show the determination and discipline of a top class player to become one.

The Athletic reported in a rather good article highlighting the positives and concerns that he's been given his own fitness regime. Hopefully it's just a question of fitness and that will be resolved. If it's a question of attitude that will often be harder to fix, though far from impossible.

I'm more than happy for him to be given time, but right now it looks like he'll need quite a bit of time.

It's not like we have a choice but to ”give him time”.
What bothers me is we bought a player who does not have what it takes to play physically in the EPL 6 months on! Then we find out ’he had previous’ in this department!
Yes it takes time with new players but GLC after a ’brief’ layoff for an injury and Fernandes are able to play competitively. I'm seriously baffled by NDombele’s physical capabilities for life in EPL!
AND we paid a record fee!
Who is/was running recruitment at our club?

Mourinho must be baffle and very annoyed!

What bothers me is we bought a player who does not have what it takes to play physically in the EPL 6 months on! Then we find out ’he had previous’ in this department!
Yes it takes time with new players but GLC after a ’brief’ layoff for an injury and Fernandes are able to play competitively. I'm seriously baffled by NDombele’s physical capabilities for life in EPL!

Who told you that he hasn't got what it take to manage the PL physically "for life"? He's had niggingly injury that he has yet to recover from. In years time if we are still talking about his fitness especially related to that injury then you would certainly have a point. Right now you're being a bit...dramatic....

Because it's a mental problem, not physical.

What a ridiculous reply. A little dramatic no?
It’s just my impression that he’s not going full pelt because of this adductor injury he supposedly had. Does he not look like he’s holding back?
Please make a video... what’s wrong with you... bloody hell
No, it does not look like he's holding back. It looks like he's yet to be fully up to speed. He does what he can atm. He's not hiding. He recieves the ball, turns opponents like they're not even there, plays incredicble passes, goes past players with ease, and because he's so good at it, he gets hacked down quite often, and hard. But he's not in any way reluctant to do it again. It's just that he's not fully fit yet, and doesn't last 90 minutes.

Back