• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Christian Eriksen

Is it a coincidence that Dele has dropped deeper again since Kane has been out? Whether on instruction or of his own accord?
Dele hasn't been near the player he was when Jose first came in and had him pushing beyond Kane. Was he safe in the knowledge that Kane could do a decent job of winning the ball and harassing in a deeper role, and now he doesn't trust anyone else to do that and so sits deeper to help the midfield?

Either way, it always seems a trend that Dele plays better when Kane is in and around him! So for me, it's like we've lost two players from this hamstring tear.

Partially, buts its more to do with our midfield tbh. Alli was at his best when we had Dembele/Wanyama beasting midfield, he didnt need to drop back to help so much and of course with Dembele occupying at least 2 opponents with his running it gave him a lot more space to operate in to. Even with Kane he has been a different type of player, as he has had to be and i dont think until we sign a decent DM or at least start controlling midfield we will Dele back to his outputs from 2 years ago.

Is it a coincidence that Dele has dropped deeper again since Kane has been out? Whether on instruction or of his own accord?
Dele hasn't been near the player he was when Jose first came in and had him pushing beyond Kane. Was he safe in the knowledge that Kane could do a decent job of winning the ball and harassing in a deeper role, and now he doesn't trust anyone else to do that and so sits deeper to help the midfield?

Either way, it always seems a trend that Dele plays better when Kane is in and around him! So for me, it's like we've lost two players from this hamstring tear.

Kane or no, Dele must push up to the backside of frontman - metaphorically! Oh, Matron etc!

Partially, buts its more to do with our midfield tbh. Alli was at his best when we had Dembele/Wanyama beasting midfield, he didnt need to drop back to help so much and of course with Dembele occupying at least 2 opponents with his running it gave him a lot more space to operate in to. Even with Kane he has been a different type of player, as he has had to be and i dont think until we sign a decent DM or at least start controlling midfield we will Dele back to his outputs from 2 years ago.

Genuinely thought N'Dombele would be the perfect guy to replace Moussa. From what I'd seen at Lyon he used to occupy 2 players and had that ability to turn out of a tight situation and drive forward into space. There have been signs of it so far but it's just not happened regularly enough - for reasons we've all discussed.

Get him sorted and settled in the team and maybe we can get that bite and drive back, which in turn will allow Dele to push on and maximize the space.

Gedson may also help with this (lives in hope more than expectation).

Even with our best team out, we always seem to look stronger on paper by player names, than we do in how they're performing.
I'd love to see this Lin up firing on all cylinders, but it ain't gonna happen anytime soon that's for sure...

-------------- Lloris ---------------
Aurier -- Toby -- Jan -- Sessegnon
--------- Gedson -- Tanguy ------
----- Lo Celso -- Alli -- Son -----
--------------- Kane ---------------

SSN saying he’ll stay if that’s their best bid. I don’t really understand why. Surely £11 million now is better than nothing in June? All we’ll get in the meantime is a player whose biggest concern is avoiding injury.

you have been Levy’d

Dele is playing too deep. Dele, Maura and Son should be our frontline ATM in no particular order.
I would still keep Eriksen IF he is/was happy to stay.

I agree with the first sentence. Dele has played poorly since he had dropped deeper. His speed seems to be affected - I wonder if he is carrying an injury.

I dont agree with the second sentence. Eriksen wants to go and should be shown the door this window.

I agree with the first sentence. Dele has played poorly since he had dropped deeper. His speed seems to be affected - I wonder if he is carrying an injury.

I dont agree with the second sentence. Eriksen wants to go and should be shown the door this window.

“IF he is/was happy to stay.”

Apparently they've met our asking price (maybe different structure). Will be telling if he's not in the 18 tonight.

Would be amazed if they jumped from £11m to €20m that quickly but, as you say, the structure of the fee may mean it's not that great a leap.

Hard to take much of what's being reported at face value. Given there are millions at stake here, I'd imagine all sides are leaking information or misinformation to further their agenda.

Back